Installing aftermarket light switches - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-15-2015, 10:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Installing aftermarket light switches

I wired up two new switches in my car to operate some halos and such on my headlights, but im not sure where i should mount the actual switches inside the cab. I would really like to have a multi switch pannel or something, but where have yall installed switches in your cab?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
theblackdahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2015, 10:58 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
What about inside the console compartment? There's a little rectangular panel that can pop off for adjusting the parking brake cable tension; you could mount the switches there, though they would be a little annoying to get to.

Maybe fabricate a small panel that attaches to the lower part of the dash? Could make it out of aluminum and paint it up to make it look nice and mount below where the headlight switch is.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
What about inside the console compartment? There's a little rectangular panel that can pop off for adjusting the parking brake cable tension; you could mount the switches there, though they would be a little annoying to get to.

Maybe fabricate a small panel that attaches to the lower part of the dash? Could make it out of aluminum and paint it up to make it look nice and mount below where the headlight switch is.
Yeah ive seen people putting switches in that pannel in the center console, im keeping that option, but more as a last resort haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
theblackdahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2015, 05:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Not sure where you'd put them, but how about these sweet switches from Oracle? They mount pretty flush and have a few symbols as well.

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
The 3 places I would consider are
1. Inside center counsel
2. Under the dash some where you could reach easier but still not visible so its not an eye sore.
3. Fabricate some kind of bracket to block off one (or both) of the cup holders and then keep the lid shut.

Overall I think its tacky to have random switches sticking out of the dash. I know on the F bodies guys used to make switch panels to put in the ash try or use OEM convertible switch panels and wire the switch to whatever they were looking to power.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang