Gt grill fog light conversion - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-18-2015, 12:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Gt grill fog light conversion

I just bought this
Mustang GT-Style Fog Light Conversion Kit - Fits V6 and GT/CS (2013-2014)

And I was wondering how I can make this work with my stock lower valance fogs?

A rep told me I needed another wire to connect the one that comes with it to my stock lights

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
mark09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2015, 12:32 AM   #2
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
You're going to need to tap into the lower fogs for switch and power. Keep in mind in most places it's illegal to run with 6 lights on the front.

Sent from my #racecar

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:35 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Probably gonna smoke out 2 of them, would you know how it is in Cali?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2015, 10:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark09 View Post
Probably gonna smoke out 2 of them, would you know how it is in Cali?
CA is probably the most restrictive of any state when it comes to mods...

Just found this online...Not more than 4 lights can be on at a time...

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/di...le=24400-24411

Steve
'14 Deep Impact Blue V-6 Coupe
MCA Package
V-6 Performance Package
Premium Package
SRE TUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:58 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
I just bought this
Mustang GT-Style Fog Light Conversion Kit - Fits V6 and GT/CS (2013-2014)

And I was wondering how I can make this work with my stock lower valance fogs?

A rep told me I needed another wire to connect the one that comes with it to my stock lights

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

You'll need the h11 to h10 connector or extension if the same connector.

Just extends the harness to the bottom fogs lights
Old 06-23-2015, 06:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I am running the same configuration you are trying to. Mine is a base model so I had to piece together full set. I bought Grille, Grille fogs, Lower valance Fogs, Starkey Lower Valance Wiring Kit and Extension wires. Along with that I had purchased 2 pairs of h11 connectors. I spliced one end and connected it to the other to make a pair of splitter.
First I installed Lower valance lights made sure everything was working fine. Ran this setup for some days to make sure it is working fine. Then Went ahead with the Grille and Grille Fogs installation. Used splitter that I put together to connect one end to lower and other to Grille Fogs.

I had also checked with Steve at Starkey. He said this setup was safe and will not cause any other problems. Legality wise yes. This could be an issue at many places. Hope this helps.
AirAidCIA | BAMA 87P Tune | BoralAtak AB| BMRAdj UCA | BMR UCA Mnt | BMRAdj PHB | GCCoilOvers | DSS 1 Piece AL Driveshaft | BMRLCA | BMR LCA Reloc Brackets | BARTONShifter | GT CS Spoiler| RedLine Hood struts | MMD Axim 20X8.5 Audio: Dynamatted Rear & Doors | AudioControl LC8i | Speakers: Infinity 682.9cf | RockFord Prime R250X4 Amp | Rockford Prime 500.1 Mono AMP | Kicker Twin10" L5 Solo Barics in a Ported BOX |P.S MORE TO COMEEEEE!!!!
Firstang001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstang001 View Post
I am running the same configuration you are trying to. Mine is a base model so I had to piece together full set. I bought Grille, Grille fogs, Lower valance Fogs, Starkey Lower Valance Wiring Kit and Extension wires. Along with that I had purchased 2 pairs of h11 connectors. I spliced one end and connected it to the other to make a pair of splitter.
First I installed Lower valance lights made sure everything was working fine. Ran this setup for some days to make sure it is working fine. Then Went ahead with the Grille and Grille Fogs installation. Used splitter that I put together to connect one end to lower and other to Grille Fogs.

I had also checked with Steve at Starkey. He said this setup was safe and will not cause any other problems. Legality wise yes. This could be an issue at many places. Hope this helps.

Same setup but I have factory lower valance fogs. So I bought the Starkey set so all I need are extensions to reach the lower fogs? Do u know where I can find them? And I don't need the h11 connectors if my lower fogs are oem right?
Old 06-24-2015, 09:28 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Same setup but I have factory lower valance fogs. So I bought the Starkey set so all I need are extensions to reach the lower fogs? Do u know where I can find them? And I don't need the h11 connectors if my lower fogs are oem right?
Are u trying to get completely rid of you lower valance fogs?
AirAidCIA | BAMA 87P Tune | BoralAtak AB| BMRAdj UCA | BMR UCA Mnt | BMRAdj PHB | GCCoilOvers | DSS 1 Piece AL Driveshaft | BMRLCA | BMR LCA Reloc Brackets | BARTONShifter | GT CS Spoiler| RedLine Hood struts | MMD Axim 20X8.5 Audio: Dynamatted Rear & Doors | AudioControl LC8i | Speakers: Infinity 682.9cf | RockFord Prime R250X4 Amp | Rockford Prime 500.1 Mono AMP | Kicker Twin10" L5 Solo Barics in a Ported BOX |P.S MORE TO COMEEEEE!!!!
Old 06-24-2015, 12:39 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are u trying to get completely rid of you lower valance fogs?
no trying to use them with the grill lights
Old 06-24-2015, 01:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Then you don't need extensions.They already come with the Starkey kit you have. All you have to buy are 2 pairs (4 pieces) of H11 male/female connectors.

Splitter construction:
Now if I am not wrong. The power connector that goes from OEM harness to lower valance is female. If this is right then cut male side of one H11 connector you bought and tap it into wires of H11 another connector using wire taps. With this you have pair splitters with each having one male end and 2 female ends.

Installation:
Once you are done installing the grille and fogs. Connect this splitter to harness that goes into one end of lower Fog. In this way now you have two females ends with power. one goes to lower and another goes to the harness coming from Grille Fogs. Repeat same on the other side and you will be good.

Also Attached a wring diagram i made. I am not a professional in creating diagrams. But if you have any questions you can always reach out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Foglight Wiring.png
Views:	52
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	185695  
Old 06-24-2015, 01:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Then you don't need extensions.They already come with the Starkey kit you have. All you have to buy are 2 pairs (4 pieces) of H11 male/female connectors.

Splitter construction:
Now if I am not wrong. The power connector that goes from OEM harness to lower valance is female. If this is right then cut male side of one H11 connector you bought and tap it into wires of H11 another connector using wire taps. With this you have pair splitters with each having one male end and 2 female ends.

Installation:
Once you are done installing the grille and fogs. Connect this splitter to harness that goes into one end of lower Fog. In this way now you have two females ends with power. one goes to lower and another goes to the harness coming from Grille Fogs. Repeat same on the other side and you will be good.

Also Attached a wring diagram i made. I am not a professional in creating diagrams. But if you have any questions you can always reach out.
thanks slot appreciate it
Old 06-24-2015, 02:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thanks slot appreciate it
Sure!! Good Luck!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang