Boost/vac reference - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2015, 12:23 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Boost/vac reference

Eventually I'd like to get the pro1 supercharger kit but for now want to hook up a auto meter cobalt mechanical boost vac gauge so I'm ready later. Any ideas on where to t the vacuum line into or make a port in the intake? Also getting a Plx 200 to watch a/f and fuel pressure
2012 Pony Pkg 3.7 convertible, MPT tuned, 4.10's, Dynotech 3.5" DS, Borla Touring axle backs, BBK 73mm TB and ceramic shorties, Whiteline sway bars and UCA/LCA with relocation brackets, BMR adj. PHB and brace, Steeda CAI, CE frame braces, Bilstein shocks, H&R race springs, SS brake lines, full HID, GT 500 gauge pod with gauges and misc. exterior upgrades
pitboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2015, 03:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I want to say the procharger comes with a vacuum manifold, and one oft he available outputs can be for a boost gauge.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Hm ok. I'm still a year or so away from forking out for it tho lol
2012 Pony Pkg 3.7 convertible, MPT tuned, 4.10's, Dynotech 3.5" DS, Borla Touring axle backs, BBK 73mm TB and ceramic shorties, Whiteline sway bars and UCA/LCA with relocation brackets, BMR adj. PHB and brace, Steeda CAI, CE frame braces, Bilstein shocks, H&R race springs, SS brake lines, full HID, GT 500 gauge pod with gauges and misc. exterior upgrades
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2015, 08:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I read somewhere the GT has a port already on the upper intake on passenger side
Old 06-22-2015, 07:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Hmmm i dont remember seeing one on mine, really the only ports on the 5.0 manifold are for the PCV on both sides, and then the evap port.

For the life of me i cant remember who makes it, but i know for the 5.0 there's basically a throttle body spacer that has ports in it for taking vacuum reference. We use these for methanol injection, but something along these lines:

Mazdaspeed 3/6 Throttle Body Spacer | Damond Motorsports
Old 06-22-2015, 09:00 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so I probably need to drill and tap my own port and make the connection. I have some npt taps lying around back in my garage. Where should I make the hole? Close to the throttle body (after TB) allows for ez clean up with no shavings getting into engine.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:00 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Id say just somewhere with a lot of meat so theres no issues of it breaking / leaking. Vacuum will (should) be uniform throughout the manifold.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ya That's a good point. Need at least a few full threads. I changed my mind and ordered that BOSS 3 gauge cluster pod that attaches to the middle of the dash and ordered cobalt fuel pressure gauge and vac/boost gauge. I'll put the aeroforce gauge I have in the middle and have it all wired up to the stock gauges so they dim with the dimmer dial. I think over all it'll look cleaner and I can reclaim my side vent. It's getting HOT in Cali lol
Old 06-24-2015, 12:27 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I just remembered there is a vacuum port after the tb that does a 90 degree bend and is hardlined over the tb then 3/8 hose. I think it's brake booster reference. Would this be a good port to T into? It's a lot bigger that the 1/8" nylon hose that comes with the gauge so idk if that would affect accuracy. Or should I just get a vac nipple and make a port by the tb? Is a metal nipple ok in hot plastic?
Old 07-05-2015, 10:28 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Got my vac/boost gauge installed and working as well as my fuel pressure gauge. What's the stock fuel pressure? I'm showing a rock steady 58 psi. One thing tho. It stays pretty much steady when I tap the throttle. Shouldn't it rise for a second then settle back to stock pressure setting?
Old 07-05-2015, 06:59 PM   #11

Region: South Dakota
L.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
louie3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:05 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

^what?
Old 07-05-2015, 09:33 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Can't just be dropping the L in here. Can it be lol or what the L? I say finish the word or get the L out. Just playing bro! Have a great day.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang