SS Brake Hoses - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2015, 07:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
SS Brake Hoses

So I did theBrembo upgrade and everything went well. After doing it the brake pedal felt a little spongy still. I don't have the time to mess with it right now so I dropped it off at a shop to have it looked at. They called me a couple of hours later saying they wouldn't do anything with it right now. They recommended that before I spend any money with them that I invest in some SS brakes hoses. They told me that would probably fix the pedal feel...ok I'll buy that, I should have done that from the start...

My question is does anyone use SS hoses? If so what brand? I can get J&M from AM for around 130.00 or some Stop Tech's from Auto Anything for 105.00. I'd like to get a set that comes with all the hardware....any input?
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2015, 08:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I know it's not the same car but I added stoptech ss brake lines on my 03 Evo and absolutely loved them. When I finally get around to putting on the brembo's on the pony I play on getting stoptech again. I ordered through summit racing.

StopTech Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines 950-61003 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing
Lan_Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Maximum Motorsports are made by Stop Tech. Can't go wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2015, 12:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I had maximum motor sports ss lines put on all around b4 upgrading the rotors. Firmer pedal feel. I like them
2012 Pony Pkg 3.7 convertible, MPT tuned, 4.10's, Dynotech 3.5" DS, Borla Touring axle backs, BBK 73mm TB and ceramic shorties, Whiteline sway bars and UCA/LCA with relocation brackets, BMR adj. PHB and brace, Steeda CAI, CE frame braces, Bilstein shocks, H&R race springs, SS brake lines, full HID, GT 500 gauge pod with gauges and misc. exterior upgrades
pitboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:37 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
So I did theBrembo upgrade and everything went well. After doing it the brake pedal felt a little spongy still. I don't have the time to mess with it right now so I dropped it off at a shop to have it looked at. They called me a couple of hours later saying they wouldn't do anything with it right now. They recommended that before I spend any money with them that I invest in some SS brakes hoses. They told me that would probably fix the pedal feel...ok I'll buy that, I should have done that from the start...

My question is does anyone use SS hoses? If so what brand? I can get J&M from AM for around 130.00 or some Stop Tech's from Auto Anything for 105.00. I'd like to get a set that comes with all the hardware....any input?
I use the J&M from American Muscle. The $130.00 is the front lines only. You still need to purchase the rear ones also. Might as well get both, front and back.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:22 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Just off the bat they should have almost zero impact on initial pedal feel ... just sounds like they need to be bled a little more. Im not saying not to get the SS lines, but that the stock ones aren't exactly your problem.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:30 AM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Just off the bat they should have almost zero impact on initial pedal feel ... just sounds like they need to be bled a little more. Im not saying not to get the SS lines, but that the stock ones aren't exactly your problem.

That's what I'm thinking. Just sounds like they need to be bled more.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
That's what I'm thinking. Just sounds like they need to be bled more.

Bullitts are better than Bullets
I ran a lot of fluid thru the calipers. I bought 2 of the big bottles of brake fluid and ran thru 1.5 of them and I only did the fronts. The pedal isnt soft all the time, its really the "initial bite" , thats why the mechanic thinks the hoses will help. Every kit comes with SS hoses any way so at this point I believe its worth a shot.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang