Pony Package Grille to Boss 302 Grille w/ halos? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2015, 10:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Pony Package Grille to Boss 302 Grille w/ halos?

Hey,

Sorry for bothering, just wanted to be sure if this would be everything I would need before going out and buying parts.

I want to change my Pony Package grille to the Boss 302 grille. So I would need the GT grille surround for that, correct?

And If I were to get the Raxiom Halo Fogs, what would I need? I have the lower fogs on my stang currently. Basically I want to keep the lower fogs and just have halos on the grille. I could just get some Halos on eBay and get the same look for cheaper? I've seen some people do that here and think it looks sweet.

Thanks for the help
OBEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2015, 11:53 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY View Post
Hey,

Sorry for bothering, just wanted to be sure if this would be everything I would need before going out and buying parts.

I want to change my Pony Package grille to the Boss 302 grille. So I would need the GT grille surround for that, correct?

And If I were to get the Raxiom Halo Fogs, what would I need? I have the lower fogs on my stang currently. Basically I want to keep the lower fogs and just have halos on the grille. I could just get some Halos on eBay and get the same look for cheaper? I've seen some people do that here and think it looks sweet.

Thanks for the help
Thats what I did. I bought some Raxiom fogs with the halos and Im only using the halo part. I have mine mounted behind my grille though. So yes all you need is the GT grille and the fogs. You can wire the halos to you DLR's or you can put them on a switch. Easy install.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Thats what I did. I bought some Raxiom fogs with the halos and Im only using the halo part. I have mine mounted behind my grille though. So yes all you need is the GT grille and the fogs. You can wire the halos to you DLR's or you can put them on a switch. Easy install.
Hey, so I'm ready to start buying parts and I'm wanting to do the install myself. How'd you remove the grille surround? Does it just pull out? I've been told you can just remove the grille without removing the bumper, but I don't know about the surround.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2015, 10:36 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Hey, so I'm ready to start buying parts and I'm wanting to do the install myself. How'd you remove the grille surround? Does it just pull out? I've been told you can just remove the grille without removing the bumper, but I don't know about the surround.
You will have to remove the bumper to do this project.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:38 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

You need this kit as well.

2013 2014 Ford Mustang GT V6 Fog Lights Relocation Kit | eBay
Old 07-13-2015, 10:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh, I don't want the fogs behind the grille. i just want to do something similar to this. Except without the fogs, just the halos.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:18 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Oh, I don't want the fogs behind the grille. i just want to do something similar to this. Except without the fogs, just the halos.
Oh sorry. It was some one else I was talking to about this. So then yes I understand you can pull the grill straight out. I've seen people using a rag to do it.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh sorry. It was some one else I was talking to about this. So then yes I understand you can pull the grill straight out. I've seen people using a rag to do it.
Even the grille surround will pull out? I don't want to break anything in case I want to put them back in for some reason in the future lol.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:42 AM   #9
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
If you have a pony package grille it just pulls out. I got the Roush grille for my 2013 and it literally took longer to open the box than switch the grilles out. Just start on one side and pull.

Definitely put some blue painters tape down in front of the grille so you don't scratch the bumper. I did and you could see a few spots where if there was no tape it would have got the bumper pretty good.

Sent from my #racecar

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:33 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

This would be everything I would need to install the grille right? Says it comes with the grille surround. It's the cheapest I've found so far. 2013 Ford Mustang GT Boss 302 Upper Grille Surround Insert w Pony Emblem | eBay
Old 07-14-2015, 06:55 PM   #11
rob.james.arias

Quote:
This would be everything I would need to install the grille right? Says it comes with the grille surround. It's the cheapest I've found so far. 2013 Ford Mustang GT Boss 302 Upper Grille Surround Insert w Pony Emblem | eBay
That is the one you need. I read the ad, it states it includes the surround. You will just pull the old one out and snap the new one in. I like to put painters tape across my bumper to protect the paint "just in case" when I yank the old one out.

Just put one hand on each side and PULL quickly. You could buy a GT grill otherwise and save quite a bit. $179 vs almost $400. Upper Grille Ford Mustang GT V8 2013 2014 | eBay

The only difference between the grills is the horse emblem. In the picture you posted above (my car) that is the GT grill with no lights.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:40 PM   #12
rob.james.arias

Here are some unedited close ups for ideas.

image upload

img
image upload no limit
Old 07-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.james.arias View Post
Here are some unedited close ups for ideas.

image upload

img
image upload no limit
I like this. I'm not a fan of the Ford honeycomb grille but this looks really nice.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:39 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.james.arias View Post
That is the one you need. I read the ad, it states it includes the surround. You will just pull the old one out and snap the new one in. I like to put painters tape across my bumper to protect the paint "just in case" when I yank the old one out.

Just put one hand on each side and PULL quickly. You could buy a GT grill otherwise and save quite a bit. $179 vs almost $400. Upper Grille Ford Mustang GT V8 2013 2014 | eBay

The only difference between the grills is the horse emblem. In the picture you posted above (my car) that is the GT grill with no lights.
Hey thanks for the pics and help. Yeah i saw that, but I really want the Boss grille since the tribar matches the rest of the badges on the car already ha. I found a guy selling me the Boss grille for 225 with the surround so I'll be getting that.

I really like the look with the halos on the grille and the headlight tint, i think it makes the front end look a lot meaner.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:12 AM   #15

Region: Canada
I am in the same position, I have a 2014 Pony Package and I want to install the Boss 302 Grille with Raxiom Halos. What will I need for the install? I know I need a GT grille surround for sure. The Raxiom fogs are designed to use the stock GT foglight bulbs so I assume I will need to buy those and a GT to V6 foglight conversion to join them into my existing foglights in the bumper. I think I may need the entire bulb assembly so it will go into and lock into the back of the Raxiom Foglight.
Any help would be appreciated!
ScottyMatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:03 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyMatthews View Post
I am in the same position, I have a 2014 Pony Package and I want to install the Boss 302 Grille with Raxiom Halos. What will I need for the install? I know I need a GT grille surround for sure. The Raxiom fogs are designed to use the stock GT foglight bulbs so I assume I will need to buy those and a GT to V6 foglight conversion to join them into my existing foglights in the bumper. I think I may need the entire bulb assembly so it will go into and lock into the back of the Raxiom Foglight.
2013 2014 Ford Mustang GT Boss 302 Upper Grille Surround Insert w Pony Emblem | eBay

expensive as hell, but it comes with the black surround and has the tribar logo. i've wanted it for months, but i'm not paying that much for a piece of damn plastic....so i bought another guitar instead
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:07 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyMatthews View Post

If you're interested, im selling the raxiom smoked halo fog lights with the bulbs, and brackets! All OEM including the original chrome housing.
asvpedwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang