Dont buy raxiom products - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-25-2015, 07:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Dont buy raxiom products

3/4 of their products I have purchased I've had to get replaced within a year. Map light and license plate light flicker, 13-14 grill halos were dead upon install, now I have to wait a week for AM to ship it out thought they would've at least hooked me up with expediated shipping for sending me a broken product. And now in gonna have to pay twice for install.

Just saving you guys some time and money
mark09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2015, 07:49 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Sounds like you've had some bad luck but I've had my done lights, plate lights, sequential mod for all functions, smoked halo fogs all for over 6 months and about 20k miles. Not a single issue.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Unfortunately it's not just me as I've seen in multiple forums that raxiom was bad. Didn't think the halos were gonna die before I even used them. Looks like u got lucky lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2015, 07:53 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

I guess so.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-25-2015, 07:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Sounds like you've had some bad luck but I've had my done lights, plate lights, sequential mod for all functions, smoked halo fogs all for over 6 months and about 20k miles. Not a single issue.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
From what i read on this forum alone your one of the very few, I hope they hold up for ya and don't start flickering or going out all together.
Me personally i wouldn't buy anything from them.
Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:15 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
From what i read on this forum alone your one of the very few, I hope they hold up for ya and don't start flickering or going out all together.
Me personally i wouldn't buy anything from them.
Sent from LG G3.

Yeah I suppose your right. Well maybe I should buy a lotto ticket

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-25-2015, 09:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
eh all I've seen with them are issues. def never buying their product. just ordered some led lights from diode dynamics instead.. people are saying they're a much more quality filled company.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
What about the tail light sequencers? I am wanting to buy them.

Instagram: jrlewis_3.7
white14v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:12 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by white14v6 View Post

I have them and they rock. Zero issues and they install in like 1 minute.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-25-2015, 09:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by white14v6 View Post

Those are fine I have them too.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:28 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Twilight sequencers are good, honestly I have never had issues with Raxiom products but yes I have heard of people having issues but AM has great customer service so I think it's a fair trade off.

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:41 PM   #12

Region: Florida
I have being considering the sequencer lights I think they are a very nice mod to our cars but honestly I can't see my self spending that much money for just a wire
rlma84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:05 PM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Dont buy raxiom products

My lights and sequentials work just fine
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1435287921.649892.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	185817

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:16 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
My lights and sequentials work just fine
Attachment 185817

Bullitts are better than Bullets
Those look awesome!!

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:44 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
hit or miss, i have their tail light sequencer kit for the 10-14 and it works well but the drivers side light lights up before the passanger side... i also have the map light kit and they have been good for a year but now i am experiancing a flicker on one... At one point i owned their projector headlights which looked great but lighting output was terrible... I also have the gap fillers for the 2013 taillight conversions which do the job but arent perfect

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:35 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

My mother has their puddle lamps, and those seem to work without issue. We also have the backup rear view mirror in my Fiance's car, and nothing functionally wrong there. There's a smaller margin for error when installing electronics than when just bolting a part on, so some of the issues somewhere may just be a result of install error.

That being said, we make decisions based off experience. If i happened to get two good products from a bad company im obviously going to think everything is fine. Likewise, if someone happens to get two bad products from a good company, they're going to question their quality.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:42 AM   #17
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark09 View Post
3/4 of their products I have purchased I've had to get replaced within a year. Map light and license plate light flicker, 13-14 grill halos were dead upon install, now I have to wait a week for AM to ship it out thought they would've at least hooked me up with expediated shipping for sending me a broken product. And now in gonna have to pay twice for install.

Just saving you guys some time and money

Mark - I'm sorry to see and hear about the trouble that you've had running their lights but can you please shoot me a PM with your order number or email address? Because of the back and forth I'd like to get you a refund set up along with the replacement because of the inconvenience. I'll be forward I've personally seen a few issues like this and I've had one myself but this is nuts. Drop me a line and I'll have this set up today.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Mark - I'm sorry to see and hear about the trouble that you've had running their lights but can you please shoot me a PM with your order number or email address? Because of the back and forth I'd like to get you a refund set up along with the replacement because of the inconvenience. I'll be forward I've personally seen a few issues like this and I've had one myself but this is nuts. Drop me a line and I'll have this set up today.

Alex
Now that's what I call good customer service!!! Way to go AM!!!
rlma84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:11 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
My mother has their puddle lamps, and those seem to work without issue. We also have the backup rear view mirror in my Fiance's car, and nothing functionally wrong there. There's a smaller margin for error when installing electronics than when just bolting a part on, so some of the issues somewhere may just be a result of install error.

That being said, we make decisions based off experience. If i happened to get two good products from a bad company im obviously going to think everything is fine. Likewise, if someone happens to get two bad products from a good company, they're going to question their quality.
unfortuantely there the only 1 that sells halos without having to cut open the fog housing and sanding it down. i did take a chance but i didn't think it would be to the point that the never even work

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post

Alex
PM sent, thanks alot really appreciate it
Old 06-26-2015, 02:09 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I have their fog and headlight halo's. My first set didn't work. That being said, AM replaced and they had to cross in the shipping. Now, on the install, I did them myself. Second set didn't work either. I started diagnosing I found out that because I put the wires in shrink wrap the line bled over and shorted them out. I took the heat shrink off and they worked. So, I put the heat shrink on each wire separately and then put both wires into one piece of heat shrink. Problem solved. They have been installed for over a year with no problems. I did get ahold of AM and let them know what I had found out. The insulation is to thin on their wires.
Labrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:18 PM   #21
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlma84 View Post
Now that's what I call good customer service!!! Way to go AM!!!
We don't mess around here as you can see - At the end of the day I'm a car guy and when I have gremlins with either my Bullitt or my Truck and it's due to an aftermarket part I would want to be treated and fixed up as such.

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 06-26-2015, 02:20 PM   #22
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark09 View Post
PM sent, thanks alot really appreciate it
Mark - Received and replied. Sorry about the trouble again but I just shot a credit notice over to your email on file - You should see this back in your account towards the middle of next week. Don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything I can help out with in the future and get a good weekend in.

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 06-26-2015, 04:36 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I've had two sets of raxiom license plate lights and one set of dome lights go out in less than a year. So I would be skeptical to buy Raxiom again.
andrev6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:45 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Ahhh, Interesting thread.
Don't remember much about it other than American Muscle ROCKS!!
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:56 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I bought a new Raxiom 2010 head light set for my 06. I installed them and thought they were just to shiny. I installed some thin smoked tint film, turned on the lights and thought another layer would make them just right. Installed the second layer, turned on the lights and bang a spot in the clear lens right in front of the projector bulb melted and distorted a 1" long vertical line. No telling what would have happened if I had left them on without seeing the disaster. I mentioned the problem to the ebay seller (aftermarketpros) and was sent another set completely free. Just install them yesterday. Seller made the sale right without any hassle. Recommend highly.

CAI,6pt.Cage,FRPPSprings,Raptor,UDP,Hurst,SiliconeHoses,BossStrutBar,LoudMouths,Plenum,Cam,Brake,Battery,StrutCovers,FRPP PC.ValveCovers,Chin Spoiler,Hood Scoop&Pins,painted 10"Stripes & Pins,EleanorGrill,Chin Spoiler,"C" Scoop,1/4 Side Scoops,Rear Fascia,PJ Rear Louvers,Roush Skirts & Rear Wing,Triple Pod & Gauges,CF Dash,2010Projector lights,2014Taillights, Real Carbon Fiber full kit,19" 2014 GT rims.
KryptonKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:00 AM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

^aftermarketpros is a company called "turn5" and they sell all open box, returned, scratch & dent AM stuff. They are great sellers. I've probably bought 20 things from them now and maybe had a few issues but they always take care of me.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-27-2015, 11:39 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Raxiom is just a cheap alternative, but then again you get what you pay for
Ill admit it cringe when i see people with the raxiom headlights with fake projectors and halos. Theyre so dull you can barely see them.
The halos i installed when i did my retrofit are incredibly bright

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1435466342687.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	186019  
theblackdahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:40 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I went to pep boys and got their led license plate bulbs and map light led's. Had to enlarge the map light bulb opening with a step bit but everything's been fine and super white for 6 months. Cheap and ez
2012 Pony Pkg 3.7 convertible, MPT tuned, 4.10's, Dynotech 3.5" DS, Borla Touring axle backs, BBK 73mm TB and ceramic shorties, Whiteline sway bars and UCA/LCA with relocation brackets, BMR adj. PHB and brace, Steeda CAI, CE frame braces, Bilstein shocks, H&R race springs, SS brake lines, full HID, GT 500 gauge pod with gauges and misc. exterior upgrades
pitboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:09 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
The raxioms are expensive if you ask me. I bought mine from eBay almost 3 months ago and they work just fine. I got 2 map lights, 2 license plate lights, cargo light, and 2 spares for $12.
OBEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 01:01 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Raxiom is very hit or miss in my experience and in others.... But AM will certainly take care of you if anything goes wrong, especially Alex, Dan, or Will. Do your research, and then buy. If something goes wrong, they WILL take care of you.

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-02-2015, 04:01 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY View Post
The raxioms are expensive if you ask me. I bought mine from eBay almost 3 months ago and they work just fine. I got 2 map lights, 2 license plate lights, cargo light, and 2 spares for $12.

This. I did the exact same.

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:53 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Raxiom is very hit or miss in my experience and in others.... But AM will certainly take care of you if anything goes wrong, especially Alex, Dan, or Will. Do your research, and then buy. If something goes wrong, they WILL take care of you.

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
true, American muscle is great, but you can avoid this all together by simply never buying raxiom in the first place. lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:48 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

What are the alternatives to Raxiom Navigation?
Ppkonablue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:43 AM   #34

Region: South Dakota
Kenwood DNX892HD with Garmin navigation comes with the maestro face plat and idalink, face plat has a nice place to place your billfold and cell phone. Love mind it's more money than raxiom but has greater functionality.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
louie3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang