AC and warranty - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-27-2015, 10:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
AC and warranty

So I was wondering if I could get some help on this issue. My AC went out sometime after I got hit by a dumb driver... but wasn't his fault. Guy told my the line was faulty and I should take I to a dealership for warranty fix. Now my windshield wiper reservoir is cracked as well and need to get both issued fixed.

My problem is I have LT headers, tuned, no cats... lots of mods. Will I run into any issues if I take it in and they see all of the work done? I mean obviously those mods are not the issue as to my AC and the Windshield wiper reservoir, but thought id ask in case anyone might know or help out! Thanks
bbowman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2015, 11:01 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
No you should not have a problem. None of your mods caused the issue.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:10 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Florida
They have to prove your mods have caused an issue, which is not in your case. Take it back, just remove the tune and run it with stock setting, or tell them to not to flash the computer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2015, 11:18 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3.7 View Post
They have to prove your mods have caused an issue, which is not in your case. Take it back, just remove the tune and run it with stock setting, or tell them to not to flash the computer
I was thinking that. I think my main concern was that they would report it somehow for future reference if anything else went out. So if I ask them not to flash it they just wont run a diagnostic?
bbowman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:34 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Florida
Not always, depends on the dealer. you could flash it back to stock and just let them know cel is on due to exhaust....

or just tell them it's flashed for the gears and exhaust nothing else, they really can't do anything then
Old 06-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbowman88 View Post
So I was wondering if I could get some help on this issue. My AC went out sometime after I got hit by a dumb driver... but wasn't his fault. Guy told my the line was faulty and I should take I to a dealership for warranty fix. Now my windshield wiper reservoir is cracked as well and need to get both issued fixed.

My problem is I have LT headers, tuned, no cats... lots of mods. Will I run into any issues if I take it in and they see all of the work done? I mean obviously those mods are not the issue as to my AC and the Windshield wiper reservoir, but thought id ask in case anyone might know or help out! Thanks
If you got hit by a "DUMB DRIVER" how could it NOT be his or her fault? Did someone run into him which caused him or her to run into you?

If your washer reservoir is cracked from the accident, then contact the claims representative about fixing it.

How long has it been since your accident? If it's more than two weeks, the insurance company wont pay for something that you didn't notice within a couple of days.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #7
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Warranty doesn't cover something damaged from an accident, and if your claims adjuster wasn't able to spot a cracked/leaking washer reservoir, your may want to find a new insurance company haha.

You should be good on the A/C though.

Sent from the Death Star.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Warranty doesn't cover something damaged from an accident, and if your claims adjuster wasn't able to spot a cracked/leaking washer reservoir, your may want to find a new insurance company haha.

You should be good on the A/C though.

Sent from the Death Star.
^This. You were in a crash that broke your a/c and washer resevoir! NOT warranty by a long shot. It sounds like you didn't get a police report and then also deal with an adjuster etc.
You could bring it to the dealer and try...but they will see even minor crash damage and chalk it up to that...which they should. Then you're paying dealership $. They're usually expensive.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang