Trident Motorsports a Review - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-24-2015, 08:02 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Trident Motorsports a Review

They look like a knock off of the roush axle back.

Also the owner said he has had almost every exhaust setup on his car so he knows what he is doing.......................

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Also the owner said he has had almost every exhaust setup on his car so he knows what he is doing.......................

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
How does the owner run every exhaust set up and not his own 🙈

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-24-2015, 08:17 PM   #73
Kevin.Cook

Quote:

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
I meant that as in reference to sounds.

And i didnt say almost every one. I just listed the ones i did try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2015, 08:27 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Others had good experiences with them so I didn't expect to be the 1 off. But I should have known better with my luck.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

That is why I mentioned it might need to be viewed on a computer.
Can you youtube or instagram? I wanna see lol.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:44 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I meant that as in reference to sounds.

And i didnt say almost every one. I just listed the ones i did try.

You aren't very secure with yourself are you lol? Wasn't for you Kevin lol.

I was talking about the owner of trident as he stated what I did in his post up there ⬆️⬆️⬆️

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:45 PM   #76
Kevin.Cook

Quote:

I was talking about the owner of trident as he stated what I did in his post up there ⬆️⬆️⬆️

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Oh!!! I mustve skipped over it. Lol! My bad!
Old 09-24-2015, 08:56 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
That's bad luck Kevin. I'm certain they will make it right.
Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:57 PM   #78
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkins View Post
I can see myself getting halfway down the road and wonder what sounded like something falling off the car.

Then find the muffler tips missing....
Old 09-24-2015, 09:24 PM   #79
Kevin.Cook

Good news is - my poor 2011 is STILL in the shop so I am actually not frustrated or anything. I am open to suggestions or fixes. My work is flying me to St. Louis next week Tuesday through Thursday so it would be awhile before these were installed anyways.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:34 PM   #80
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
My tridents looked fine right out of the box, and fit with no issues what so ever, sorry you got a bad set maybe?
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:38 PM   #81
Kevin.Cook

Maybe. I did see both Trident reps in here and was hoping one would offer a suggestion. Maybe in the morning.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:39 PM   #82
Kevin.Cook

I'm just not looking forward to the "mailing items back and forth" game.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:44 PM   #83
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
Yea I hear that! I may and I mean MAY switch out my tridents for a set of Magnaflow streets, in a few months, just to see if I like those better with my set up, but I do like mine so far, I havent had any complaints except for the rasp, which isnt the tridents fault.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:05 PM   #84

Hello guys, I just want to start out by saying that I do sincerely hope that this one mishap does not impact everyone’s image, as we have been in your shoes before. But our goal as enthusiasts who have encountered this many times before, hope to do the customer right in any way we can, something other companies are not willing to do.

With that said, I am extremely sorry Kevin that an unfortunate rotten egg landed on your doorstep. I am going to try to respond to your comments, amongst other members’ immediate bashing comments in a civil manner, and hope we can make things right by you. Starting off, of course with the post in which you found the issue with the axle-back’s you received.

Quote:
So I did a quality check on my set that just came in the mail. Not very impressed.

I took a picture of the box for kicks and giggles.

Mobile App users might need to view this on a computer in order to see the video.

My real concern is why these muffler tips are not staying still. Even with the bolts/nuts tightened all the way.

Hopefully someone from Trident Motorsports can offer a fix because I won't install these with how they are currently. I'd lose the muffler tips going down the road.

I will note that the driver side muffler tip is really loose when connecting it. The passenger side is fairly tight but has a tad of play. Not sure what the norm is for these types of setups and what should be expected... maybe I need to use Gorilla Glue?!

With the fitment of the tips and brackets, I am a little afraid to attempt the brackets that hold the mufflers to the over axle pipes when it is time for install.

Special Note: Apologize for the jingles. My wife's dog was running around.

And yes I know I have the mufflers swapped in the video. I just quickly laid them there for the video.
I do thank you for shooting a photo of the box, that helps us ensure that the shipping company was somewhat nice to the box on its way to you. But I did watch the video, and I am so sorry, as this is not what you should expect. I think other members here with the system can vouch that they have not had any issue with fitment of the tips. I will note that this fitment is trusted to the manufacturer, and sometimes the diameters of the pipes do have a bit of tolerance difference, but I do not mentioned this as an excuse. The tip on the left in the video seems to be as expected as it seemed like you were putting quite a bit of force while twisting, but if that is the tightest the bracket will go, that is still not right. The bracket should tighten without needing to get to the end. The tip on the right in the video is absolutely incorrect by all means.

I do appreciate the video and as I remember, Ray and yourself had an e-mail exchange in which Ray stated that if you are not happy with the sound of the system, to let us know and we will take it back for a full refund. I understand the reasons for voicing your opinion here on the forums as this is not a sound issue, but personally, I believe offering the option to return it purely based on whether you like the sound prior to the fitment issue encountered is an offer beyond what most companies would entertain. Unfortunately you did receive a bad one, and we hope to remedy the situation for you. We can work out 1 of the below options which I will offer here as well as follow-up in e-mail.

1. We can issue a full refund with us covering shipping back to us (as originally offered when you voiced concern of whether you would like the sound of it)
2. We can exchange the system, where in the exchange process, I will also forward this video to the logistics guy so he can open and check the tip fitment prior to sending it to you so that this does not happen a second time.
3. In the video you mentioned that you do not like 2-piece systems because of circumstances like this. With this in mind, if you choose, you can test-fit the rest of the system, and then if satisfied, we can refund you the amount needed to have the tips welded to the mufflers at a local shop so you won't have any concerns of the tips coming off.

I hope we can correct this for you and we can show you that because Ray and I have been where you have been, we hope to make the experience different from others. We both have worked in customer service for much of our lives and hope to reflect the care we have for our customers.

Quote:
Others had good experiences with them so I didn't expect to be the 1 off. But I should have known better with my luck.
Unfortunately I have been in your position many times and of course because of this, I hope we can fix this for you the right way.

Quote:

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
How does the owner run every exhaust set up and not his own 🙈

Quote:

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
I will precursor my comments with the fact that although you say you read Ray’s post, you did not truly read it, and I will explain below.

I quote Ray’s words below, which he distinctly writes that he has owned multiple 5.0’s before and owns a 2012 GT now, having had just about every exhaust on a mix of these cars. In this case, being that he’s only owned 5.0’s, yes, he has not installed the Trident system on his car, as it does not actually fit his cars. We have 5.0 parts being worked on now, which are currently installed on his car as he is the test and fitment mule, with more revisions needed prior to public release as we encountered a few changes that need to be made. With this said, I can vouch for him having an extremely weird disorder in which he never keeps a car for longer than a year, if it even makes it to 6 months. And then there’s the problem he has of trading and swapping out parts like it’s a freaking lego set. But besides that point, he has had many exhausts on his car, so he understands the differences each brand can make in the sound, which is what he is focused on detailing for you guys, and goes on to state that we produce parts that exhibit features that we enjoy. Not everyone enjoys the same thing, which is why so many performance parts companies exist and flourish. That comment does not say “we know what we’re doing, so you’re just wrong.” Please do not put words in our mouths when the words were clearly written differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayTrident View Post
Thanks for your vote of confidence.

I've owned 4 2011+ 5.0's now and have had almost every available aftermarket exhaust installed at one point or another..

Current ride is a 2012 gt with longtubes, offroad x, stock over axles and borla atak axlebacks.. There is moderate drone between about 2000-2750 rpms with my setup.

I mentioned the magnaflow race exhaust (their 5.0 axle back system is very similar to the pypes axle backs in that they are basically muffler deletes.. Their catback uses race bullet mufflers that also drone) as having drone.. Again, these are systems that I have had installed on my own car.

Our 2011-2014 v6 exhaust is meant to be relatively aggressive, as such we use a straight through muffler that gives great tone but is admittedly on the louder side. It may not be for everyone, but we produce parts that exhibit features that we enjoy on our cars.. And I believe Mustangs deserve an aggressive sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkins View Post
Thank you Jenkins for the input, and we hope we can correct this issue for Kevin and we get him to a happy place.

Quote:
I can see myself getting halfway down the road and wonder what sounded like something falling off the car.

Then find the muffler tips missing....
Hopefully we can get this swapped out and you won’t have to go chasing a muffler tip bouncing down the street!
Old 09-24-2015, 10:11 PM   #85

Quote:
Maybe. I did see both Trident reps in here and was hoping one would offer a suggestion. Maybe in the morning.
Got a response right above for ya! Sorry, I'm in NY right now, so it's 11P. I'm hoping I caught you tonight so at least we have an image of timely responses!
Old 09-25-2015, 05:39 AM   #86
Kevin.Cook

Thanks! I did send a PM back. Yea it seems I always find the rotten eggs! (Have you seen my thread about my 2011?)

That poor car has been in the shop for 2 months because the people keep messing up the paint job.

I am ok with Option 2 if Trident could also send a return label.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:44 AM   #87
Kevin.Cook

I didn't know how else to send you guys a 100+ MB video. I didnt want to upload it to youtube. And this forum doesnt allow for pics and stuff to be attached to PM's.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:57 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
eh. just get some borlas. 😉

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:06 AM   #89
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
eh. just get some borlas. 😉

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
If I had $750 to spend I would. I had to buy a lot of maintenance stuff so I had to balance that and other mods. Try to get a little of both.

I am sure with the next set they send me it will be ok.

I still have the original box and stuff. So if I need to send these back, maybe I can patch it up and use it.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:55 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Well their customer support seems to be superb. Offering you a full refund if you didn't like the sound? I would try these if I didn't already have the roush axle backs.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:05 AM   #91
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooolbreeez View Post
Well their customer support seems to be superb. Offering you a full refund if you didn't like the sound? I would try these if I didn't already have the roush axle backs.
I am sure the sound can't be THAT bad. I would get the tips welded but I honestly DO NOT trust anyone in Austin to touch my cars again. And I dont want to drive 1-2 hours to San Antonio or someplace else to get them welded on.

After a failed gear install and the paint work on my 2011, I am about to LOSE it!!!
Old 09-25-2015, 09:08 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Get my ATAKs, they're for sale lol. Not $700 either. New they're now $800 :p

Old 09-25-2015, 09:10 AM   #93
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Get my ATAKs, they're for sale lol. Not $700 either. New they're now $800 :p

My funds are saturated right now until after Christmas.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:37 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My funds are saturated right now until after Christmas.
Where's the procharger!?

Old 09-25-2015, 09:43 AM   #95
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Where's the procharger!?

Attached Images

Old 05-27-2016, 01:03 PM   #96

Region: Ohio
Rattle

I put the Trident ab on my 2014 and I really like them. I had no problems with fitment and the tips are tight, they clamped solid. The only problem I am having is the exhaust is now rattling, everything is tight. The only thing i can think is the stock AB's weighed about 25 lbs a piece and these are about 5 lbs a piece. I'm going to put it on the ramps this weekend and try to find the rattle. Any info from someone who has had this problem is most welcome.
Tuckster24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang