Trident Motorsports a Review - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-30-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Trident Motorsports a Review

Trident Motorsports, WHO... What about Roush, Borla, Flowmaster, Trident Motorsports who, Trident makes and manufactures axle back mufflers for the Ford Mustang automobile line. I stumbled on Trident from a Mustang forum and my interest peaked when forum members compared Trident to Roush, hmmmm

This is my first review, on a Trident product, the review is really on the company because no matter what you buy, a pack of gum, a car or axle back mufflers, you are really buying the company first then the product second...

I did a search on the company and found Trident Motorsports, I went right to the mufflers and WOW they did look like Roush, Trident had thick walled tips, rolled tips, polished stainless and black mufflers, they were very cool looking, so I went right to the contact page on the website put my info in and asked some questions.

I got a reply from Ray, Ray is one of the co founders of the company and head of R&D, have you ever gone this far up on a contact form and spoke to an OWNER of a company and he took his time answering all my questions. What really struck me about Ray is when I asked, WHY should I buy from you...

Here is Ray's response:

"our Mustang products are relatively new to the market but our sister company and manufacturer have been building quality parts since 2008.

As for the quality of our exhaust, the welds and quality of the steel are where most companies cut corners. Simply put, we don't. Our exhaust should outlast your car, we offer a one year warranty against manufacturing defects.

If you consider the low cost and higher quality of our products, it should help with your decision. If I can do anything else to help please let me know."

Please note, emails where answered on a Sunday around 4pm NOT the next business day answered the same day.

This is what sold me on Trident Motorsports, an owner standing up for his product and being honest and forthright about his product line, the tone of Ray's email was on very serious side, I was sold on Trident Motorsports and purchased my polished thick walled mufflers and waited.

I did not have to wait too long as Trident shipped my mufflers via FedEx, 2nd day, that's 2 DAYS and they even arrived on Saturday. I had already taken my stock mufflers off the car and while taking the last stock muffler off, Fedex shows up with a white box around 25lbs, I sliced the taped and opened the box to reveal the polished mufflers wrapped in bubble wrap, the hangers wrapped in foam, the clamps for the tips and pipes wrapped in plastic and the tips wrapped in bubble wrap and when they say polished, they should say mirror polished.

Trident is serious about their quality of their manufacturing and it shows in their packaging.

I installed the mufflers and tips and they went very smoothly and was anxious to start the car and I remembered, an email reply from Ray...

"Our V6 exhaust has been described as exotic..."

Sure, lets hear them....

WOW, WOW they sound AWESOME!!!!

Can you compare Trident to Roush, Borla and Flowmaster...sure but it is a dis-service to do so as they are really in class all their own.

BTW, they are made in Texas and remember Don't mess with Texas

Trident Motorsports not WHO any more not a pretender but a true contender in an arena filled with heavy name hitters

Here's Ray's email, you can email and HE will get back to you

ray@trident-motorsports.com

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2015, 02:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
Our exhaust should outlast your car, we offer a one year warranty.

Sure hope my car lasts more than another year!

Sent from my #racecar

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
lmao. doesn't borla have a lifetime warranty? 1 year seems like nothing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2015, 03:23 PM   #4
Kevin.Cook

This is a very well constructed post. Almost like an advertisement. Lol. Do you work for Trident? Because I doubt anyone would type all that on a phone.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
This is a very well constructed post. Almost like an advertisement. Lol. Do you work for Trident? Because I doubt anyone would type all that on a phone.
Ditto!
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry, English major was one of undergraduate degrees. All I can say it is a honest review from new supplier Mustang supplier. You can email Ray. His email is in my review he will reply back

Old 06-30-2015, 03:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Sure hope my car lasts more than another year!

Sent from my #racecar
You beat me to it lol.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:41 PM   #8
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
Sorry, English major was one of undergraduate degrees. All I can say it is a honest review from new supplier Mustang supplier. You can email Ray. His email is in my review he will reply back

I am sure the company is decent. However....not to be mean man. But that post vs your other post, gives the feel of 2 different people speaking. Such as punctuation and wording.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:54 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Tbf they do sound pretty good, i noticed they don't have any name on their tips like Roush, Borla ect. Its a little thing but id like to see that on the tip, or maybe the video i saw didn't provide a good enough view of them if there is.
Btw are they 4.5" tips, they look a little bigger than my Roush 4", that would be pretty nice.

Sent from LG G3.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:41 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Nice company review but... I've had axle backs on my short list which is now at the top of my list. Did you order and install a set of these? Looking for something more than "wow" here.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:56 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Well you sound like a walking commercial for them... Lol. I've heard them, they're ok. They're certainly not in a class above Borla like you state, let's come back down to earth here... As someone previously said, 1 year warranty is nothing.... Borla has a million mile lifetime warranty. Again, they sound decent. Not amazing, not bad. Again, it's a disservice to compare trident to borla? Come on man.... Lol.
Your entire post is a commercial for them.....
Again, decent exhaust, nowhere near Borlas..... This scripted post made me laugh tho

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-05-2015, 07:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I installed these on my wifes 2014 and really like 'em. In my opinion, they have a really nice sound and look great. The price was hard to pass up as well, compared to the top contenders like Borla and Corsa. We'll see how well they hold up over the next few years. So far, no regrets.

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
I love my Tridents, they have been great so far.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:54 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I have these, I'm in love with them.

Sent from my Mustang.
iantrusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:05 PM   #15

Region: Texas
Howdy y'all, I just joined the forum and wanted to thank Alex for his review.

For what it's worth, his review was unsolicited by us.. He bought our exhaust at full price and is just a really nice guy. I deeply appreciate his kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Well you sound like a walking commercial for them... Lol. I've heard them, they're ok. They're certainly not in a class above Borla like you state, let's come back down to earth here... As someone previously said, 1 year warranty is nothing.... Borla has a million mile lifetime warranty. Again, they sound decent. Not amazing, not bad. Again, it's a disservice to compare trident to borla? Come on man.... Lol.
Your entire post is a commercial for them.....
Again, decent exhaust, nowhere near Borlas..... This scripted post made me laugh tho

Sorry for the confusion, I don't believe our systems are superior to Borla. They are however very comparable in construction quality (T304 steel, hand built in the Usa) and are relatively affordable at $360-380 compared to nearly $800 for a Borla axleback. This is the comparison I was trying to make.

The one year warranty we offer is against manufacturing defects.. Since our systems are T304 steel they will not rust or decay like a lot of the competition. I've personally had systems that rotted out in just a few years, with sound quality that decayed and that developed leaks.

We are not currently paying vendors on the forum, and as such I am not advertising our products.. But please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Ray
RayTrident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:16 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

I will be the first to say, that the product by Trident Motorsports, far exceeded my expectations of them. Like I have said before I love my Trident Axlebacks, I have had them on for about 2000 miles so far, and they have settled in nicely, still as shiny as I got them, no rust at all, and I keep my car outside in the rain. For the price you cannot beat them!
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 03:45 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayTrident View Post
Howdy y'all, I just joined the forum and wanted to thank Alex for his review.

For what it's worth, his review was unsolicited by us.. He bought our exhaust at full price and is just a really nice guy. I deeply appreciate his kind words.

Sorry for the confusion, I don't believe our systems are superior to Borla. They are however very comparable in construction quality (T304 steel, hand built in the Usa) and are relatively affordable at $360-380 compared to nearly $800 for a Borla axleback. This is the comparison I was trying to make.

The one year warranty we offer is against manufacturing defects.. Since our systems are T304 steel they will not rust or decay like a lot of the competition. I've personally had systems that rotted out in just a few years, with sound quality that decayed and that developed leaks.

We are not currently paying vendors on the forum, and as such I am not advertising our products.. But please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Ray
No worries brother, I know where you're coming from and they're a good option especially for the $.
Wasn't bashing the product, just thought the OPs post was a little outlandish and overboard lol.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:51 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome Ray! Any idea how they would change or work with the Ford Racing Performance X pipe?
Old 08-22-2015, 08:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Stang View Post
Welcome Ray! Any idea how they would change or work with the Ford Racing Performance X pipe?
X pipes will always make the exhaust note a little raspier than an H pipe, but you will still get a really good tone out of it. I've always ran X pipes personally.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:53 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Ford racing x pipe actually will clean up your rasp

Old 08-22-2015, 04:23 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Cool. Thank you both for the answers!
Old 08-22-2015, 09:28 PM   #22
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Still lovin' my Tridents. I've been remiss but will post up some drive bys and take off with them tomorrow.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Old 09-08-2015, 04:24 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Still lovin' my Tridents. I've been remiss but will post up some drive bys and take off with them tomorrow.
Hey Hampton ant vids up yet with your tridents. One of the axle backs I'm interested in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
stangingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:00 AM   #24
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangingit View Post
Hey Hampton ant vids up yet with your tridents. One of the axle backs I'm interested in.

Here you go brother. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgD...wMBzmSvRN7Ng_g
Old 09-09-2015, 02:37 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Thx. Sounds great! Narrowed it down to 3 for me.

stangingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:50 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Damn those sound good! They are definitely something I'll consider whenever I get tired of mine.

Sent from LG G3.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:25 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Liking this exhaust more every time I hear it

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 09-11-2015, 02:28 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Any sponsorship opportunities?

Old 09-11-2015, 05:29 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I had these on my car and would like to point out a couple things. First off, they do sound great, especially over 3k rpm. Not so much like a V8, but, more like a V6 race car. Found myself going deeper in the throttle just to hear it. They also fit well. But, they are loud and drone between 1800 to 2500 rpm. I put resonators on, which helped a bit. Ended up removing them. Was just a little too much for a DD. That I have a convertible might be the reason why the noise level was so high.
Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:22 PM   #30
Kevin.Cook

Well, I am wanting to pull the trigger on these. I messaged both Trident people. Waiting for a response. I see the don't log on frequently.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:40 AM   #31
Kevin.Cook

Well. Have not heard back yet but I am anxious. So I bought a set of the thick walled polished ones.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:30 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

that's what I have and I really like them

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
Old 09-19-2015, 02:40 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Hey Kevin, I wouldn't worry They are a great company to work with
Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 04:39 PM   #34

Well, I'd like to say that if anyone has any questions please email me directly at ray@trident-motorsports.com

Secondly, we are waiting to hear back from the Administrators about vendor status (there is a thin line between advertising and customer support). We seem to be having trouble getting a response, hopefully we will hear back shortly.

If I can help with anything please let me know, axle back systems are currently on sale on our website!

Thanks,
Ray
Old 09-19-2015, 06:48 PM   #35
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

I have to say Kevin, I'm a fan of these. I went with the thick walled also.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang