Problems with Bama Tune.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-03-2015, 06:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Problems with Bama Tune....

I feel like I complain a lot but damn has anyone else had this many problems with Bama? It took 15 days for me to receive the tuner with the tunes preloaded. 7 days for shipping and 8 days to write the tunes and ship it out. I feel that is a long time. Then I got the diablo sport tuner and it had no tunes on it, I spent hours on the phone with Bama with no solution. Then they wrote new tunes for me which only took 1 day, I got the new tunes today and put them on the device and they won't show on the tuner so I called again 15min later (6th time) and they used team viewer to do it for me. Then I go to load them thinking everything is good now and they are still not on the tuner. I call back and they are closed I guess for 4th of July so now I have to wait until Monday. This is 3 weeks now. I went with Bama and AM because they have GREAT customer service and I still stand behind that but when the customer service can't fix a simple tune it worries me. I guess ill wait until Monday and call once again. I wanted to write a full review from start to finish with the car changing performance wise but 3 weeks after the day of purchase I am still running the stock tune from the factory and the tuner is sitting in my center console.

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #2
doyouevenforum

Ordered a diablo sport trinity and received it about a week. Copied stock tune to device sent it in to bama. About a week later I received the custom tunes and put them back on the trinity. Hooked it up to the car and it worked perfect. Sucks you're going through this but maybe I was just lucky or you're unlucky lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-03-2015, 06:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouevenforum View Post
Ordered a diablo sport trinity and received it about a week. Copied stock tune to device sent it in to bama. About a week later I received the custom tunes and put them back on the trinity. Hooked it up to the car and it worked perfect. Sucks you're going through this but maybe I was just lucky or you're unlucky lol

When I try to copy the tunes they emailed me them and when I copy and paste it the tuner says that it's the wrong format but there is only 1 format for tunes so idk. Like I'm literary tired of this lol

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2015, 06:30 PM   #4
doyouevenforum

I would check out the diablo sport forums. I'm a bit rusty because I haven't messed with it in a while.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouevenforum View Post
I would check out the diablo sport forums. I'm a bit rusty because I haven't messed with it in a while.

Yeah I will, thanks!

Old 07-03-2015, 07:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz12 View Post
Yeah I will, thanks!

Just run the canned SCT tunes for now
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I checked the Diablo forums and someone that had the same problem posted up and Diablo said the tunes were not made from the right in tune back up? So I guess we just need to try it again with a new back up again. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1435969586.463512.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	186445

Old 07-03-2015, 08:23 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRed3.7 View Post
Just run the canned SCT tunes for now
Not a solution when he is using a Diablo tuner and not the SCT!
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:29 PM   #9
doyouevenforum

Quote:
I checked the Diablo forums and someone that had the same problem posted up and Diablo said the tunes were not made from the right in tune back up? So I guess we just need to try it again with a new back up again. Attachment 186445

Yeah worth a shot. If it's updated and you downloaded the install for the intune specifically I don't see why it wouldn't. I remember back in the day when I was using the diablo predator for my srt4 I had a similar issue but forgot what I did lol. Hope ya get it sorted out.

Old 07-04-2015, 04:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Your Problem is like My Problem

Quote:
I feel like I complain a lot but damn has anyone else had this many problems with Bama? It took 15 days for me to receive the tuner with the tunes preloaded. 7 days for shipping and 8 days to write the tunes and ship it out. I feel that is a long time. Then I got the diablo sport tuner and it had no tunes on it, I spent hours on the phone with Bama with no solution. Then they wrote new tunes for me which only took 1 day, I got the new tunes today and put them on the device and they won't show on the tuner so I called again 15min later (6th time) and they used team viewer to do it for me. Then I go to load them thinking everything is good now and they are still not on the tuner. I call back and they are closed I guess for 4th of July so now I have to wait until Monday. This is 3 weeks now. I went with Bama and AM because they have GREAT customer service and I still stand behind that but when the customer service can't fix a simple tune it worries me. I guess ill wait until Monday and call once again. I wanted to write a full review from start to finish with the car changing performance wise but 3 weeks after the day of purchase I am still running the stock tune from the factory and the tuner is sitting in my center console.

2007 Shelby GT 500 Kenne Bell Twin Screw Supercharger, 750hp, 1 month fought with American Muscle and Bama to get the tunes correct, needed a Emission Friendly Tune, gave me wrong tunes, tuner locked up, finally got it right, Don't feel bad, now I have to hope my car will pass smog, or wI'll have to store the Super Snake in the garage..
kimc56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:46 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I ordered my X4 tuner on a Sunday, got it shipped out on a Tuesday, and dropped off at my door on Thursday. The tunes worked perfectly and now I'm just waiting for more data logs to send in to them to further refine the tune.

Id say talk to one of the AM reps here, they will to great lengths to make it right for you.

Sent from my iPhone

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:07 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
I ordered my X4 tuner on a Sunday, got it shipped out on a Tuesday, and dropped off at my door on Thursday. The tunes worked perfectly and now I'm just waiting for more data logs to send in to them to further refine the tune.

Id say talk to one of the AM reps here, they will to great lengths to make it right for you.

Sent from my iPhone

Does data logging make much of a difference? It seems complicated to me , but if it's worthwhile, I'll take the time to learn.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
Does data logging make much of a difference? It seems complicated to me , but if it's worthwhile, I'll take the time to learn.

Id say it avoids any problems from occurring and making sure the car is fully compatible with the tune.

I thought so too until I went on the Bama page to see how it's done and literally they do all the work!

Sent from my iPhone

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:58 AM   #14
doyouevenforum

+1 for Data logging

Old 07-06-2015, 06:37 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Hello

I had no problems with BAMA.

Did you follow the directions on adding the tuner program, custom tunes and such to your computer?

Slow down and follow the directions

2015 Roush RS1 Premium w PP
Roush Performance upgrade-- Tinted Windows
JLT Catch Can--Ford Racing Strut Brace
Flowmaster scavenger "Y" pipe resonator delete
b2673ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:53 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2673ad View Post
Hello

I had no problems with BAMA.

Did you follow the directions on adding the tuner program, custom tunes and such to your computer?

Slow down and follow the directions

Yes I followed the directions. The mistake was on their end not mind. This morning I sent them my backup file once again, Daniel Kramer redid the tunes, and this time they loaded onto the tuner successfully. Everything looks good but I still need to try to load it onto the car now so once I try that then I will know if all is good. Progress is finally being seen though.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:16 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Easiest upgrade I've ever done...but, I had the SCT 4/bama tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sticks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks123 View Post
Easiest upgrade I've ever done...but, I had the SCT 4/bama tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Yes, same here. I don't think they do many Diablo tuners. SCT's are much more popular. But hopefully all is well now.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:36 PM   #19
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

Chaz! Sorry to hear about the trouble here man but shoot them a call and I assure you they'll get this fixed for you today. I know that these devices can be tricky and think of them being analogous to updating software on any type of mobile device etc. Keep me in the loop!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:03 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Chaz! Sorry to hear about the trouble here man but shoot them a call and I assure you they'll get this fixed for you today. I know that these devices can be tricky and think of them being analogous to updating software on any type of mobile device etc. Keep me in the loop!

Alex

The second tunes they sent me worked. It pulls pretty hard. Thanks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang