What exhaust should i get for my 2013 V6? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-08-2015, 09:46 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
What exhaust should i get for my 2013 V6?

I am getting an exhaust system sometime soon and I already have the roush cold air intake, and am now ready to get an axelback exhaust. I want something not too loud but loud enough to turn heads. Nothing that sounds like a ricey 4 banger. Ive been looking at gibsons exhaust but not sure about it. Any suggestions? Borla is out of my price range fyi
racemamxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2015, 11:18 AM   #2
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I scored a Bassani AB used and like it. It sounds what I describe as European with a bit of decel burble. fit and finish were top notch, the only downside is as with most V6 systems there is a touch of drone at lower rpms when the engine is under load (ie uphill). Best bet is find someone local and listen in person (or just take what you can used) the only one I would avoid is Pypes as you see them often used.

yeah, I know some people like them.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have heard Mud's car many times and can attest to the great sound. I would definitely recommend the Bassani axle backs for the V6.
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I scored a Bassani AB used and like it. It sounds what I describe as European with a bit of decel burble. fit and finish were top notch, the only downside is as with most V6 systems there is a touch of drone at lower rpms when the engine is under load (ie uphill). Best bet is find someone local and listen in person (or just take what you can used) the only one I would avoid is Pypes as you see them often used.

You can't mention pypes without mentioning fitment issues lol
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:17 AM   #5
Staff

Regular
Staff

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Pypes often have fitment issues....ie they often will require adjust/swearing to get them to line up and look good.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:55 AM   #6
Kevin.Cook

poke a hole in the mufflers. XD

Borla S Types ftw
Old 07-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
You can't mention pypes without mentioning fitment issues lol
Shhhhh shhhhh shhhhhhh, i got a set for sale now that fit GREAT

In all honesty, with the stock cats on the pypes were perfect, but catless they drone just a little too much for my Fiance's commute, so we're going to replace them with some Borla. And yeah, they dont fit for ****, i had to get under there with some zip ties in an attempt to cinch them into place.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:30 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Borla S-types = Sex Trumpets.

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:33 AM   #9
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean14 View Post
Borla S-types = Sex Trumpets.
Always makes me giggle like a 5 yr old girl.

Hey man, you going to the AM show next month? Didn't see you in our thread.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Shhhhh shhhhh shhhhhhh, i got a set for sale now that fit GREAT

In all honesty, with the stock cats on the pypes were perfect, but catless they drone just a little too much for my Fiance's commute, so we're going to replace them with some Borla. And yeah, they dont fit for ****, i had to get under there with some zip ties in an attempt to cinch them into place.
Lol. Voltwings swooping in for the kill...
Old 07-09-2015, 12:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Always makes me giggle like a 5 yr old girl.

Hey man, you going to the AM show next month? Didn't see you in our thread.
I most likely will not be attending this year. Haven't really made any plans. Possibly in the future though!

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Old 07-09-2015, 12:49 PM   #11
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean14 View Post
I most likely will not be attending this year. Haven't really made any plans. Possibly in the future though!
That's messed up. I see how it is....

I might just have to cancel also now.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:02 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
I would say go with the Trident Exhaust, I got mine and I have had no issues with the sound from the axleback themselves, I have a vid of what they sound like, plus they are only like $400.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's messed up. I see how it is....

I might just have to cancel also now.

The 10hour drive is holding me back

Old 07-09-2015, 02:20 PM   #14
Kevin.Cook

Bro, I am driving 24 hours. 1 way! If I can do it, you HAVE to do it.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:24 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Bro, I am driving 24 hours. 1 way! If I can do it, you HAVE to do it.
Doubledog dare him...
Old 07-09-2015, 02:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I'm also wondering which exhaust to go for. I don't know anyone around me with Mustangs that have aftermarket axle-backs so I can't decide between Borla Atak, Borla S, or Roush. Some say the Roush sound really good, while others say it sounds ricey so I don't know lol.
OBEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:36 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
I personally believe Mac is one of the best sounding axle back systems. They do have some drone though. They are also very affordable.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:04 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

^ This guy. No complaints with mac products. If you live in a area with mountains or hills than you may want to stay away.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Pype bombs sound the best i have to say for a v6, fitment sucks but i paid 20 for the exhaust to straighten and get the fitment correct

Sent from my SM-G925T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
PapiJose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:15 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Also i heard Roush is awesome too, especially if u have a Roush Cold air just keep it in the family lol

Sent from my SM-G925T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
PapiJose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:22 PM   #21
JDM
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Corsa

2014 Deep Impact Blue V6
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:28 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post

I also have the bassani and I really like them, after I installed shorty headers the drone is pretty much gone which is a plus.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
ak_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:33 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I love my FRPP sport axle backs. There are a few sounds clips on you tube of these. Not to many people I know have these. Just about identical to Borla S type and from what I've heard in previous posts these are actually made by Borla. These are a hair cheaper then Borla as well. I'm very happy with these!!!

2013 Race Red V6 Premium. 35% window tint, racing stripes, Raxiom interior LED dome lights, Raxiom license plate LED lights, MMD taillight trim, MMD Classic louvers, blacked out all side and back markers and tail lights, Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, upper and lower black modern billet grilles, MGP caliper covers, Ford Boss302 strut tower brace, MMD hood struts, 19" staggered black Axim MMD wheels with Pirelli tires, Raxiom Navigation unit.
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:35 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

Yep frpp exhaust is made by borla. For the 2015s it is even stamped on there
Old 07-09-2015, 04:38 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep frpp exhaust is made by borla. For the 2015s it is even stamped on there

Nice
Old 07-09-2015, 04:43 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

I think it says frpp made by borla or something along those lines
Old 07-09-2015, 04:52 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I went with Ford Racing Touring Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust M-5230-MV6CA (11-14 V6) - Free Shipping FTW.

Our 2013 MCA SP. ED. Mustang has taken two 8,000 mile trips with this exhaust and I have a wife that hates a bad sounding exhaust but loves this one. Below is a link to our trip to the 50th with the Mustangs Across America group if you care to watch.
http://www.photoshow.com/touch/Za8hv...show_recipient
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:54 PM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
There are some FRPP for sale in the classified section.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:01 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
There are some FRPP for sale in the classified section.

I saw that, I'm surprised they are still there. I think it's a good deal for a great set!
Old 07-09-2015, 05:12 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
i think the big thing to remember is that borla's don't drone at all, whereas some of the competition do. you may like their tone more, but you may absolutely hate it when you're at cruising rpm's and the drone makes you wanna gnaw your eyeballs out.

always gotta remember that! i love the atak's because they can be loud and obnoxious as hell with no drone, but soft when you're light on the accel. people don't even hear me pulling up to my house at night bc i feather the gas so my neighbors don't hate me. gotta love em
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I have the magnaflow street series and love them. But the general consensus with axle backs are 1 they don't gain any hp and 2 look around at videos and try and hear some in person as everyone has different tastes and definitions on who "loud" is. For example some love Rousch while others took them off a few hours after installing them

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:13 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
My friend with a 2007 GT was following me recently and said my Mag Streets sounded great, especially while accelerating up hills.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:17 PM   #33
rob.james.arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I personally believe Mac is one of the best sounding axle back systems. They do have some drone though. They are also very affordable.
They are one of the best sounding but the drone is nauseating. I tried mac, pypes, bola and finally MRT interceptors. The MRT are amazing, sound like the mac however because of the way they are built the have no drone. Its crazy, what I have found with the other brands is the better they sound the more drone you get. That is not the case with the MRT.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:56 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemamxx View Post
I am getting an exhaust system sometime soon and I already have the roush cold air intake, and am now ready to get an axelback exhaust. I want something not too loud but loud enough to turn heads. Nothing that sounds like a ricey 4 banger. Ive been looking at gibsons exhaust but not sure about it. Any suggestions? Borla is out of my price range fyi
Basically any axleback will sound better than stock, but if you get an offroad midpipe is where the problems start, majority of the most common axlebacks sound like nails in a blender with offroad midpipe.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:42 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Doubledog dare him...

Last time I was double dog dared, I was 5 and jumped off of a 9ft balcony and shattered my heel. Never again will I accept the triple D threat.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust