Procharger? My wife thinks so now.... :) - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-10-2015, 03:26 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
OP, keep it N/A and throw money into making the car look wicked and original.

If you have an automatic then I don't see why 3:73 gears wouldn't work. Manual is a different story but if your automatic 3:73 gears should work. Let's defer this one for RAP to answer.

I am the worlds defender of the 3.7 V6 model.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2015, 05:00 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
you can install the kit yourself it isnt hard... procharger provides a spot on install guide.. follow that and you'll be fine... i would never pay 1500 for an install like that after doing it myself

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:58 AM   #38
Kevin.Cook

Doesn't the install include drilling and stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2015, 06:12 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

you drill 1 hole into the crank pulley for a dowel pin thats it

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
Old 07-10-2015, 06:17 AM   #40
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011fastford View Post
you drill 1 hole into the crank pulley for a dowel pin thats it

I get the feeling this is more than he wants to take on. I'm with you though. I would never pay someone to do this. But you do need a garage or covered place to do it and a decent spread of tools.

Kevin, you need to make some friends who are handy. If I had a buddy who wanted to do this we would be in my garage doing this. I wouldn't let my friend pay to install it.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:41 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
I get the feeling this is more than he wants to take on. I'm with you though. I would never pay someone to do this. But you do need a garage or covered place to do it and a decent spread of tools.

Kevin, you need to make some friends who are handy. If I had a buddy who wanted to do this we would be in my garage doing this. I wouldn't let my friend pay to install it.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
the only tools that i didnt have and physically had to go buy were socket allen heads. but for the most part you can do it with basic hand tools...

I love tools i've been expanding my collection for a while

Old 07-10-2015, 06:51 AM   #42
Kevin.Cook

Quote:

IG @Oxford5pointoh
I might know of 1 person. But saving up for 6000-7000 in parts is steep. So besides the kit, what else is needed for a modest setup? And what items do you opt in for when getting the kit? I really dont want to do gears again.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:02 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

you wont need to do gears again unless you go turbo.... 3:73's are perfect for this setup thats what the american muscle shop car was running, i also think the CFM car was running 4"10's

Old 07-10-2015, 07:15 AM   #44
Kevin.Cook

Besides the kit, won't I need to do suspension upgrades? Better tires? and gauge pods to monitor everything? Not sure how those are installed.

I don't really want to sell anything off my car to be able to afford this. If that's the case, I shouldn't be doing this to begin with. Plus, my car is already at that sexy status. (well, maybe after doing some suspension work...)
Old 07-10-2015, 07:19 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

eventually but you dont have to do it all at once man...

Old 07-10-2015, 07:26 AM   #46
Kevin.Cook

But I am sure the additional gauges would be needed just to monitor everything and make sure you aren't running too rich or lean.

Ok so next question, AM asks about an 8 rib drive vs 12. Are either of these needed?
Old 07-10-2015, 07:30 AM   #47
Kevin.Cook

For a setup I have, is a tuner kit needed or will the normal kit work ok? Not sure what the differences are.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:36 AM   #48
Kevin.Cook

FastFord - You don't have a photo album on here was hoping to check out your setup.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:45 AM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
But I am sure the additional gauges would be needed just to monitor everything and make sure you aren't running too rich or lean.

Ok so next question, AM asks about an 8 rib drive vs 12. Are either of these needed?

Can't you monitor everything with your tuner? Just mount it on the car so you can see what's going on until you get your gauges

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:48 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

yeah i got there aerofoce intercepter guages they are plug and play and do everything you need them too
Quote:
For a setup I have, is a tuner kit needed or will the normal kit work ok? Not sure what the differences are.
if you already have a tuner get the tuner kit and order your own injectors... thats what i did.. payed 4300 out the door with the forum discount

Quote:
FastFord - You don't have a photo album on here was hoping to check out your setup.
2011fastford's Albums and Images - Gallery - FastFordMuscle.com

it's not very up to date as far as how the car looks cosmetically but there's pictures of the procharger set up in there somewhere

Old 07-10-2015, 08:01 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
whew lol lets see if i kept track of everything:

1. You will be fine with the standard 6 rib belt, you shouldnt have to worry about belt slip.

2. Order the tuner kit, use your current tuner and order your own injectors as was suggested above.

3. your current tires, assuming they just arent complete crap, should be fine. I started out on a set of 275 nitto motivos on my 5.0 making 450 whp and the only time those wouldnt hook was from a dig at the track, the rest of the time they could manage. From there i went to an Invo - car was still a daily, so i didnt want to burn out expensive sticky tires just driving to work - and it was just that much better. The supercharger builds power pretty linearly, so i wouldnt worry about it much.

4. Basic suspension is a must, LCAs, brackets, PHB ... but no need to "really" dig further than that unless you plan on really drag racing it.

5. I would trust a supercharger to be remote tuned, but not a turbo. With a turbo the boost is programmable, you can bring in as much, or as little, at any given point as you see fit. This takes a lot of time and expertise to understand, and being on a dyno helps a ton. A supercharger is a fixed boost source, so its impossible to run too much boost, and often times easy to identify a boost leak through datalogs, so really it just comes down to AFR and timing.

Seems you kind of talked yourself out of it, maybe thats not a bad idea, but if you change your mind ^^ There's that.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:05 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

the procharger kit for the 3.7 is a 6 rib drive

Old 07-10-2015, 08:05 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011fastford View Post
the procharger kit for the 3.7 is a 6 rib drive
Thanks, edited my post.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:06 AM   #54
Kevin.Cook

Still on the fence. At first it sounded complicated and very expensive. But slowly, you guys are easing my mind.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:07 AM   #55
Kevin.Cook

Whats the difference between the kits fuel injectors vs ordering my own?
Old 07-10-2015, 08:14 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

None? You just already have a tuner, so there's no point in basically paying for a tuner and fuel injectors, then trying to sell one of the extra tuners at a loss, as opposed to buying the kit without a tuner and injectors and just buying your own injectors.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:29 AM   #57
Kevin.Cook

Ahh gotcha. Wait so if A/F Ratio is the main concern, the Premium cluster allows you to monitor this. Is this sufficient?
Old 07-10-2015, 08:32 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

I would imagine it reads off the primary O2, so i dont see why not. I would just worry about latency, i dont know how fast that gauge is.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:43 AM   #59
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
ProCharger you say? I'm saddened to see that I don't have any PM's from you? Oh well, Let me know when you'd like a price
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:46 AM   #60
Kevin.Cook

PM me a price right NAO!!!!! Lol. So I know what I am spending in October/November.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:48 AM   #61
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
I would imagine it reads off the primary O2, so i dont see why not. I would just worry about latency, i dont know how fast that gauge is.
Well I will say the numbers change almost ever few milliseconds it seems. It refreshes fairly quick imo. It is digital and not a needle gauge, although you do have the option for a needle gauge on the lcd. I assume ~14 is what you want for N/A. Is this about the same after the procharger?
Old 07-10-2015, 08:56 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

You'll be fine if your stock gauge reads wideband air fuel

My gauges run off obd2 so its basically the same

Old 07-10-2015, 08:57 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I will say the numbers change almost ever few milliseconds it seems. It refreshes fairly quick imo. It is digital and not a needle gauge, although you do have the option for a needle gauge on the lcd. I assume ~14 is what you want for N/A. Is this about the same after the procharger?
14.7 is stoich, so it should target that at cruising and idle, WOT should be ... hmm i'd say 11.6 or so on pump gas, which is fairly standard for FI applications. All motor right now you're probably between a 12.4 and 13.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:59 AM   #64
Kevin.Cook

14.7?! I have monitored this before all my performance add ons and after. (since I did the premium swap prior). At idle and cruising it has always been around 13-8-14.3 for A/F Ratio. Is my car messed up?! :/ I check bi-monthly to make sure the throttle body is clean, clean out the intake filter, I keep up with maintenance also.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:21 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Check fuel trims. I believe "commanded AFR" is also a PID you can choose to log, so it could just be what the tune is actually commanding.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:21 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Kevin, you need to make some friends who are handy. If I had a buddy who wanted to do this we would be in my garage doing this. I wouldn't let my friend pay to install it

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:22 AM   #67
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Lol, I don't know anyone around with my taste in stangs that also have a garage and tools. I cannot do this myself. My apartment would kick me out if I try this project in the parking area there. LOL
Old 07-10-2015, 09:24 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

If you feel like driving to Houston, we may lol ... may, be able to work something out.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:27 AM   #69
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
If you feel like driving to Houston, we may lol ... may, be able to work something out.
Let me check where Houston is exactly...lol. That would also mean I would drive home on the email tune. Hopefully that is safe. Any idea how long these installs take?

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

3 hour drive 1 way.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:28 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

We could do it in a day, my only concern is if something stupid happens and you end up getting stuck here. Im in Sugar Land, SW Houston.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang