Procharger? My wife thinks so now.... :) - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-10-2015, 09:31 AM   #71
Kevin.Cook

You gonna bust up my car or something?! XD

And I hear ya. I have 0 luck when it comes to projects going right the first time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2015, 09:34 AM   #72
Kevin.Cook

On a side note. I had chinese last night. Then cereal as a late night snack. Then eggs this morning. Lets just say, my stomach doesn't feel the greatest.

Thought I'd share that
Old 07-10-2015, 09:34 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Let me check where Houston is exactly...lol. That would also mean I would drive home on the email tune. Hopefully that is safe. Any idea how long these installs take?

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

3 hour drive 1 way.

3 hours is perfect. Gives you 3 hours of time to think about how much faster your car is about to be. Then 3 hours testing how much faster your car has become.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2015, 09:35 AM   #74
Kevin.Cook

Voltwings - If something breaks, you tryin to have a slumber party bro? I will bring the ps4 and sleeping bag. LOL!!!
Old 07-10-2015, 09:39 AM   #75
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Voltwings - If something breaks, you tryin to have a slumber party bro? I will bring the ps4 and sleeping bag. LOL!!!

And don't feed him Chinese, cereal & eggs if you value your sense of smell voltwings

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:40 AM   #76
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
And don't feed him Chinese, cereal & eggs if you value your sense of smell voltwings

IG @Oxford5pointoh
I almost cried...
Old 07-10-2015, 09:43 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Lol, i got a spare room if worst comes to worst. Although im an Xbox guy, so you can leave that mess at home.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:48 AM   #78
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Lol, i got a spare room if worst comes to worst. Although im an Xbox guy, so you can leave that mess at home.
Guess this just isn't gonna work out then....

Edit: I hope you know I was messing. LOL

When you say work something out....what dollar amount do you have in mind? Or I could pay in bada$$ games of Exo Zombies on Advanced Warfare? Your choice. LOL
Old 07-10-2015, 10:51 AM   #79
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I'd be down to ride over and help out. It's about a 4hr drive for me. I'd like to see how complicated the install is for future reference

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:59 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Guess this just isn't gonna work out then....

Edit: I hope you know I was messing. LOL

When you say work something out....what dollar amount do you have in mind? Or I could pay in bada$$ games of Exo Zombies on Advanced Warfare? Your choice. LOL
I dont charge, just keep me fed and we're cool. Probably could have made a lot of money over the years doing installs, but it was always my friends, and i figured it would just be wrong to start charging all of the sudden.

For real on the food though ... ever seen those snickers commercials? Thats me haha. When i sold my Speed3 i swapped motors with one of my buddies so i could trade it in with his stock motor. His wife fed us 3 meals a day, manicotti, fajitas ... good lord, theres a reason that swap took 3 days haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
I'd be down to ride over and help out. It's about a 4hr drive for me. I'd like to see how complicated the install is for future reference

For sure man, the more the merrier. Just ... wait till its not 100* outside yall haha.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:01 AM   #81
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
I dont charge, just keep me fed and we're cool. Probably could have made a lot of money over the years doing installs, but it was always my friends, and i figured it would just be wrong to start charging all of the sudden.

For real on the food though ... ever seen those snickers commercials? Thats me haha. When i sold my Speed3 i swapped motors with one of my buddies so i could trade it in with his stock motor. His wife fed us 3 meals a day, manicotti, fajitas ... good lord, theres a reason that swap took 3 days haha.

For sure man, the more the merrier. Just ... wait till its not 100* outside yall haha.
Oh for sure. With the time it is going to take to save, assuming I can pull of this gigantic purchase, it will be near the end of the year. LOL

I hear ya on the food portion. However, my eating is very bland and boring. I had my large intestine removed a long time ago so it limits me to my foods to the extreme.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:05 AM   #82
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Haha, yeah, after doing brakes yesterday and only spending half an hour in the garage my shirt felt like I had jumped in the pool, but I only wish it smelled like cholrine.

Kevin, I have a nice UCA that will help you put future power to the ground. It's for sale

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:20 AM   #83
Kevin.Cook

Well I am going to save up starting after the AM show. Then once I am finally able to get the kit, assuming I can, I will hit you up Voltwings for the install.

Now that I think about it, if I didn't go to the AM show, I could save that money also might break hearts though. LOL
Old 07-10-2015, 11:38 AM   #84
Registered Member

Regular

I'd stay home if it put me that much closer. Then come next year blown and nasty.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-10-2015, 11:48 AM   #85
Kevin.Cook

The drawback to that, is my wife had to jump through hoops to get time off for the trip. If I told her nevermind now, may actually be worth spending the money. LOL

Plus I bought my reservation at the AM show and we booked our hotel.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:52 AM   #86
Registered Member

Regular

Better pack some PB&j and ball on a budget then.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-10-2015, 11:53 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

And Ramen. Carb load sonnnn

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:58 AM   #88
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
And Ramen. Carb load sonnnn

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
haha. it aint that bad! I doubt spending 150 or so on food for the weekend will set me back that much
Old 07-10-2015, 12:14 PM   #89
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
PM me a price right NAO!!!!! Lol. So I know what I am spending in October/November.
You know how this goes! Shoot me the exact kit and your email and I'll lock it down!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:14 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If you are interested in a 2014 (2014GTCS) has one for sale in the this forum and is only asking 29,900 and he is in Huston Tx. Link is below, If I had not just got mine I would jump on it!

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f227/t370004/#post2257131

Jbone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:41 PM   #91
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
Before diving into this I would look to see who in your area has experience tuning v6 stangs or boosted setups. MPT does do remote tuning, but to really dial it in you will want a dyno tune. The tuning part is expensive and one of the most critical parts. The "tune" that comes with the kit is only really designed to allow the car to be started and driven to a tuner shop.

Also, not to be the "Adult" but I would figure if your trying to scrape together cash you might be better off enjoying the v6 for what it is and putting the cash towards paying off the car. You will be sinking a lot more money than just the kit, and in regards to the tunes that is money you can not recoup. I love boosted V6 stangs, but unless you have another DD and the cash to easily burn for repairs, you might be better holding off for another car down the road.

I'll give you a rough run down on the costs:
Kit: $5400
Tune: Remote/dyno 600+ after its all said and done.
Labor: $1500 (regional specific)
Cost: $7500-8000K

That's a huge chunk of change to throw at a depreciating asset. Again, I love boosted 6's, but unless you have money to throw away, it's a massive expense with no appreciating benefit.
For a young guy you sound like a wise old man....

also let me mention resale value of a boosted V6 compared to a stock V8
Old 07-10-2015, 12:50 PM   #92

Region: Michigan
If you are interested I have the kit you posted the link from American muscle. it's 100% full kit, was a pull of from a dealership. Guy didn't want it. I'd sell it for 3500. Everything is clean, no shaft play what so ever in the unit. Have the instructions from Procharger. I can send you pics if you want.
Davidson575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:34 PM   #93

And I have an SCT tuner with the tune from procharger on it. And a BAMA tuner. Both have 3 tune unlocks left on them. More than happy to throw those in.
Davidson575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:45 PM   #94
Kevin.Cook

PMs sent Alex and Davidson.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:22 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
If you're serious about it shoot me a PM and I'll get you hooked up with everything.... Looking at around 8-9k to do it all properly

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-13-2015, 09:47 AM   #96
Kevin.Cook

2011fastford - Checked out the pics. Do you feel the BBK was worth keeping on with the procharger?

Also, one concern from your pics is a tube that sits above the radiator cover? does it not get affected when closing the hood?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	51
Size:	827.0 KB
ID:	187017  
Old 07-13-2015, 10:17 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
2011fastford - Checked out the pics. Do you feel the BBK was worth keeping on with the procharger?

Also, one concern from your pics is a tube that sits above the radiator cover? does it not get affected when closing the hood?
If that concerns you Kevin you need to do more research. Look at every customer picture on AM.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:39 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Kevin I'm enjoying your post here. I'm thinking seriously about going procharger myself. I already got the suspension ready and a gt 500 gauge pod installed with boost/vac, fuel pressure and aeroforce gauges installed. The aeroforce lets you see BOTH O2 banks and nothing else allows for that but.... Having to run through the pcm then obd2 makes a little slower read. My narrow band gauge on other car is faster lol. I'll probably take it out and put in a wb gauge with a dedicated 02. Just need to find where to put the sensor. Any suggestions? Anyways you might want to consider getting that gauge pod if you don't want an a pillar pod set up. Amazon has it for $99. I think deeeep down you want get this kit. Find someone to help put it all together. Don't pay a butt wad of money to do what you and a friend and elbow grease can achieve. Also you'll be more familiar with YOUR OWN KIT lol this way. My next upgrade is aluminum drive shaft then meth injection.
2012 Pony Pkg 3.7 convertible, MPT tuned, 4.10's, Dynotech 3.5" DS, Borla Touring axle backs, BBK 73mm TB and ceramic shorties, Whiteline sway bars and UCA/LCA with relocation brackets, BMR adj. PHB and brace, Steeda CAI, CE frame braces, Bilstein shocks, H&R race springs, SS brake lines, full HID, GT 500 gauge pod with gauges and misc. exterior upgrades
pitboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:58 AM   #99
Kevin.Cook

So far the plan is to buy the kit from Davidson575. Then late Fall, Voltwings and I will tackle this. If au01st wants to be there then that is fine. The kit Davidson has is very complete. and has the gauge for boost. Luckily, my current mods don't interfere too much with going FI.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:09 PM   #100
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
So far the plan is to buy the kit from Davidson575. Then late Fall, Voltwings and I will tackle this. If au01st wants to be there then that is fine. The kit Davidson has is very complete. and has the gauge for boost. Luckily, my current mods don't interfere too much with going FI.

Good for you. Theres nothing wrong with doing things in stages as money allows. Its just so damn hard with the parts just sitting there mocking and laughing at you...sorry.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:11 PM   #101
Kevin.Cook

So far, the only things I will need to buy outside the kit are colder spark plugs and a new tune.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:11 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Woot woot. Go Kevin go. Wish I cud get the ok from my wife for this one.

20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:15 PM   #103
Kevin.Cook

The dog has been delivered. So my end of the bargain is done. She knows she has to keep up her end so I always wait for the other shoe to drop but so far she has been cool with my planning and stuff.....not like her arguing would undo my decision at this point anyways. lol
Old 07-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #104
Kevin.Cook

Serious question. Do I bail on you guys this year for the AM show and save or just go and put off the purchase till late October?

Wonder how Alex would feel...lol!

I'd be kinda sad because 1 year is a long wait time. Barely holding it together till fall for the procharger.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:31 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Go enjoy the show man. Only live once so you should live it up.

20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang