Raxiom Headlight and Fog light Question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2015, 09:23 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Raxiom Headlight and Fog light Question

Hello Everyone,

In the process of converting the front end of my V6 to GT i bought black Raxiom headlight with factory HID and fog light. My Questions are as follows:-

1. I installed the headlight and fuse 7 & 8 on passenger side fuse box kept blowing off. I then connected my stock HID again and checked with another fuse and it worked fine. As soon as i connected Raxiom it blew off again. I was out of fuse and so i did the old trick of turning a thin wire onto fuse nodes and put it back in and Raxioms worked fine. It looks like Raxiom headlight is using thicker wires as compared to stock which is drawing more current which blows the fuse out? I drove the car for half an hour after putting in the modified fuse and it works like a charm. I did call up American Muscle and they told me to get it checked at a shop and if the problem exist they will send me new headlights. I'm not sure if anyone else with factory HID has faced this? I will be replacing the modified fuse today.

2. I purchased a take off GT grille and while installing the Raxiom fog lights i realized they do not come with the brackets. I called up ford and they said the brackets come with the fog lights only and are not sold separately. I could not find just the bracket online too. Has anyone gone through this. Any suggestion on how to fit the fog lamps? I was thinking of maybe getting an L shape bracket from meijers and bend it a little bit such the it hold the lamps in place. Does anyone have any opinions please?
FordMustang12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2015, 10:21 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
I cant help you with number 1 but on number 2 I can.

You cant get the brackets for the fog lights by themselves...period. The only way would be to get lucky and find some on ebay or maybe a Facebook forum. The light and bracket from Ford is 700.00 a piece. I put some fogs in my car and I found a pair on ebay for 175.00 shipped. It wasnt easy though, they sell fast when priced right. I would check ebay literally 10 times a day or more until I finally found some. I suppose you could rig something up to mount them but it might not look too good or hold up to well. I would just buy the lights and brackets and do it right.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I cant help you with number 1 but on number 2 I can.

You cant get the brackets for the fog lights by themselves...period. The only way would be to get lucky and find some on ebay or maybe a Facebook forum. The light and bracket from Ford is 700.00 a piece. I put some fogs in my car and I found a pair on ebay for 175.00 shipped. It wasnt easy though, they sell fast when priced right. I would check ebay literally 10 times a day or more until I finally found some. I suppose you could rig something up to mount them but it might not look too good or hold up to well. I would just buy the lights and brackets and do it right.
You are right. I just cant find the bracket. i found a pair of fog lights on ebay for $70 brand new and after market. Im thinking of buying those for the brackets. Anyways i was able to rig a few L shaped brackets and mounted the fog temporarily. Here's how it looks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	187197   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0135.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	945.4 KB
ID:	187198  

FordMustang12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

« Resonators | Tunes »