More issues .. decisions, decisions.. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-23-2015, 10:23 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
It's hard to believe they come up with an anti lock-up brake system and fix it so reliability with it goes out the window to save $5,00 ( About what another M/C would cost the company to install.)

If I were Ish, I would be at the dealer screaming and get this sorted out.
Ronnie
I'm almost positive that when I take the car in to a Ford dealership, they will say they either can't replicate the issue (which I replicated this afternoon), it's a known problem or it might even call it a feature.

I'm not going to waste my time dealing with those idiots until after I try to pawn the damn thing off on Carmax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
So what's your Z/28? Daily or toy?
Or the eagle?

Pick your poison.
The Z28 is my toy/barn queen. I've put less than 1,000 miles on it in the last two years. I should sell the car but I don't think I will ever be able to part with it. It's one of those things where if I knew it was gone, I would want to drive it all the time and I built it, so I just let it sit and occasionally take it for a drive. It's also not a DD, it doesn't do rain or snow.

I did have it out a month or two ago and took it to the strip, ran the times in my sig (10's at 130) on the stock 10 bolt with DOT's I borrowed from a friend. About a mile from my house, the rear end started making noises again. So, it's back in it's spot in the barn, waiting for me to take a few days off to fix it. I likely won't have any days off until it's negative eleventy billion this winter.

The Talon, is a stalled work in progress.. I've had a fully forged bottom end (should be easily capable of handling 800hp) ready to go for over 2 years, along with a ton of parts (HX35, FMIC, 780cc injectors, HKS 272's, etc..) just chilling on a shelf. I bought the car to be a DD, that worked for about a month. I let a good friend borrow it and he blew it up, well enough that he trashed the original block and fried my 16G turbo. I've been wanting to get this going since it died. With my work schedule and the availability of my friends garage, we just haven't made it work yet.

The 94 Mustang GT is my GF's car that I bought back for her. She spent a lot of money building it and it has sentimental value to her, she sold it years ago and the new owner fell on hard times and needed cash, so I bought it back for her, because I'm an idiot .. or a nice guy. It just sits, it's a fun car but not a DD either and I can barely fit in it with the racing seats and harnesses it has.

I've been crazy busy working, haven't been able to do anything the last few years. Running 3 successful businesses (building my empire) and doing IT for a Tier 1, Honda and Subaru parts manufacturer is brutal to your free time, especially when your on call 24/7 and have to be on-site within 2 hours (which is rare but still sucks) and work 10 hr days/ 6 days a week. Over the last three years, I've probably averaged maybe 12 hrs a week of free time.

That's why I just want a car that works and I don't think this Mustang is going to do that. I have no faith in my car or Ford, after how they treat their issues.

As I mentioned earlier, if I have time on Saturday, I plan to take the car to Carmax and get it appraised. If the number is right, I will sell it on the spot.

I looked at a Scat Pack Challenger this evening and holy **** that car is awesome. The interior is great, the engine is great, it looks BAF, the 8spd auto made me a believer, that car makes all the right noises (seriously one of the best sounding factory cars out there) .... downsides, if I ordered one, it would take around 90 days to get here and I don't want a car payment.

Only other thing I am waiting on is the 2016 Camaro, which on paper, is going to be awesome and I'm sure it will put down some great numbers. However, it looks too much like the 5th gen and that has me worried.

I just need to hit the lottery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2015, 10:32 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
^ get a wrx. I would

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:42 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
call the wambulance

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2015, 12:34 AM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
^ I'd get the Camaro over the Dodge products. Dodge's reliability is rather, well, dodgy.

And just to add to the musings on #FordFail, I resubmitted my claim for the rusty holes on the inside of my trunk lid. The dealer warranty admin forwarded me the reply from the desk jockey at Ford Corporate that claims the holes are from an unfinished seam and therefore do not qualify as perforation--even though rust actively pours from the holes.

It seems that Ford is quick with every excuse in the book not to honor their own warranty. Ridiculous and Ford is pretty much helping me decide that my next car will not be one of their products. Really a shame to see that Ford has so little care for what is in many ways their flagship model...and even less care for their customers.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:26 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
jesus... i sure hope if i have to slam my brakes one day, my clutch and brakes don't just magically disappear. wtf. is that a common issue with this car or something!?!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:55 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
jesus... i sure hope if i have to slam my brakes one day, my clutch and brakes don't just magically disappear. wtf. is that a common issue with this car or something!?!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
Try it for yourself. Drive 40 - 50 MPH and slam the brakes then push in the clutch while still on the brakes as hard as you can. If they go soft or change braking pressure then it's likely a real issue.

I had an acquaintance test this in is his 3.7, and he said he felt the brake pedal get softer and the braking force change slightly. So, there are two cars that I know of that have this issue.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:22 PM   #42
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Damn. I know how much you dislike Fords, but I do honestly think you got a Lemon.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:21 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Challenger if you've got to switch. And don't mod it.
Then keep it and hand it down to your grand kids some day.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:27 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
It's not an emergency brake. It's a parking brake and that's it purpose.

Well then maybe it would have parked the car that had no brakes otherwise. In this case no need to park the car unless it was an emergency.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:53 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Update to this ...

I took the car into my dealership, they said initially they wouldn't cover the radio display looking all cracked but I showed them a reply from several people here saying theirs did the same thing and it was replaced. So, thanks to those individuals.

The horn will be replaced under warranty, it is on order.

The shifter will also be replaced under warranty. They told me that where the stick goes down into the shifter (bottom side of stick), there is a plastic ring with a ball and the plastic ring was very worn down allowing the shifter to have much more movement than it should. An MGW would also take care of that issue.

They are also ordering a new brake/clutch reservoir for the car. They have had the car for nearly a week and the owner of the business personally drove it instead of his own Mustang. He said it was unacceptable with how inconsistent the clutch was, same with the brakes even after bleeding and replacing fluid. It will be taken care of also.

So that is good news.

Well ... in the week that they had my car, I was driving a 2013 Taurus SHO with the performance package. I have to say, I drove my uncles a bit, but living with that car for a week was great. That car is way better than I was expecting. It's quick, although not quite as quick as my junkstang, it seems very well built and should for how much it weighs. Handles and brakes WAY better than I would have ever expected, gets decent fuel mileage, is VERY well optioned.. I'm in love with air conditioned seats. It also is AWD.... which means, for me, it would be a year round vehicle which is a huge plus.

So ... I finally have the Mustang back, no new parts but they are on order. I decided to go car shopping and look for a cheap 4WD/AWD vehicle for this winter. I ended up at a new Ford dealership over 120 miles away from where I live and found a SHO.

The salesmen and I got to talking and I told them that I was interested in trading in the Mustang on a SHO and was curious as to what they would give me on trade. My car btw, is in great shape, it just hasn't been washed in three weeks. The interior was very clean. The car has no scratches, door dings, rock chips, nothing.. It's about as good as it gets, same with the interior.

They drove my car, got the VIN, looked up some stuff and came back with a trade in offer on my 23,000 mile, 1 of 1, 2014 Mustang .. $11,860. I was expecting to get low balled around $17,750 .. but $11,860 ... WTF.

So somewhat out of shock, I asked why the trade in was so low. They told me that when they looked up the VIN, that it showed so many issues and dealership visits that they simply didn't want to deal with selling my car. They told me they would take it on trade and immediately take it and sell it at auction and they might be able to get $13,500 -$14,500 out of it.

Which brings me to this ... Would Ford be responsible for this or is this just a crappy (which they were) dealership? It's not my fault Ford built a crap car and sold it to me.

I really hate my Junkstang.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:59 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
More issues .. decisions, decisions..

Sounds like you got a lemon.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:20 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

First off, I'm glad that they are fixing your car!

I think that dealership was probably using all of the repair orders as a negotiating tactic. Do you think that they would willingly share that information with a prospective buyer?

And a buyer could look at that repair information two ways. Either the car has had issues, and will continue to do so, or the car HAD a few "teething" problems that have been repaired and the car is good to go.

The last new Ford that I bought was my truck. It was a piece of junk just like your car. After a few years of being in and out of the shop, they actually got all of the bugs worked out and it turned out to be the best truck that I have ever owned. I still drive it every day... 25 years later.

How much do you think that your car is worth in a retail setting Ish?
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:35 PM   #48
Kevin.Cook

I visited a few dealers this week and looked at some 2015 5.0s. Last month, i was offered 18k trade for my car. This month - 15k. Now that the 2016s will be coming out, i was told our 2014s JUST depreciated. I checked for myself. The guy was right. Wish i would have looked around sooner.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:57 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Looking for a 5.0 kevin? Still going with the procharger or no

14 sterling grey 3.7. mpt,3.73,steeda cai,mac shorties,mac axleback,sve springs & lca,j&m panhard,gt350 window covers,rear louver,hurst pistol grip,35% tint. Future lakewood strut&shocks,vortech v3,1 piece ds,adj upr ca
Old 08-08-2015, 11:05 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
First off, I'm glad that they are fixing your car!

I think that dealership was probably using all of the repair orders as a negotiating tactic. Do you think that they would willingly share that information with a prospective buyer?

And a buyer could look at that repair information two ways. Either the car has had issues, and will continue to do so, or the car HAD a few "teething" problems that have been repaired and the car is good to go.

The last new Ford that I bought was my truck. It was a piece of junk just like your car. After a few years of being in and out of the shop, they actually got all of the bugs worked out and it turned out to be the best truck that I have ever owned. I still drive it every day... 25 years later.

How much do you think that your car is worth in a retail setting Ish?
It's about time they start doing warranty work to it.

If they get this figured out, I will happily keep the car.

As for the dealership and the trade in .... I have no idea what kind of tactic that would be. Only thing I could come up with is that the SHO had $6,250 in rebates. So my guess is low ball the trade in, make an excuse for it, use the rebate to make the trade work then msrp the new vehicle.

This dealership had a 2013 base v6 auto listed for $22,900 with 40,000 miles. I think my car should be worth $17,500 - $18,500 trade in. Retail, I think my car should bring $20,000 - $21,500 realistically, in my area.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:25 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
**** all of these new cars.
- Drive by wire
-Hydraulic clutch
- Cam Phasers

That is all a bunch of crap that adds more problems than benefits to a car. Get a New Edge cobra so you don't have to deal with that kind of idiocy in your vital systems.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:46 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

As ridiculous as their trade-in offer was, it's likely that enough people accept the first offer that they feel comfortable offering 60% of the retail value.
Your theory on their negotiation tactic is probably correct.
That's why it would probably be better to try and sell the car yourself. If you trade it in, the dealership is going to try to make money on both of the deals. They wouldn't stay in business long if they didn't.
And it makes it tougher to negotiate for the new car when you are trying to do two deals simultaneously. The dealership definitely has the upper hand.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:08 AM   #53
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
After it is repaired you will love it again

You liked it when you bought it so when your dealer gets the parts in and fixes the car it will be like new to you again.
Let them get the parts in, Get them put on and your car will probably be good for the next 25 or 30 years.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:38 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
**** all of these new cars.
- Drive by wire
-Hydraulic clutch
- Cam Phasers

That is all a bunch of crap that adds more problems than benefits to a car. Get a New Edge cobra so you don't have to deal with that kind of idiocy in your vital systems.
Yes, and you forgot about replacing that crappy fuel injection system and go back to a carburetor where I always had to pop the hood on my 83 3.8 T-bird and stick a ratchet in the carburetor for it to start!

Also remove those pesky electric starters and put in one of those good old reliable manual cranks while we're at it.
And finally there is nothing like matting a 5.0 and having the throttle stick to the floor and almost killing myself, yes this happened to me twice in my 88 T-bird, good old reliable throttle wire! Lol

Btw my 88 V8 5.0 had 150hp,
My 13 3.7 V6 has 305.......
Yeah I'll stick with the tech thanks.
:Role eyes:

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:00 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Update to this ...

I took the car into my dealership, they said initially they wouldn't cover the radio display looking all cracked but I showed them a reply from several people here saying theirs did the same thing and it was replaced. So, thanks to those individuals.

The horn will be replaced under warranty, it is on order.

The shifter will also be replaced under warranty. They told me that where the stick goes down into the shifter (bottom side of stick), there is a plastic ring with a ball and the plastic ring was very worn down allowing the shifter to have much more movement than it should. An MGW would also take care of that issue.

They are also ordering a new brake/clutch reservoir for the car. They have had the car for nearly a week and the owner of the business personally drove it instead of his own Mustang. He said it was unacceptable with how inconsistent the clutch was, same with the brakes even after bleeding and replacing fluid. It will be taken care of also.

So that is good news.

Well ... in the week that they had my car, I was driving a 2013 Taurus SHO with the performance package. I have to say, I drove my uncles a bit, but living with that car for a week was great. That car is way better than I was expecting. It's quick, although not quite as quick as my junkstang, it seems very well built and should for how much it weighs. Handles and brakes WAY better than I would have ever expected, gets decent fuel mileage, is VERY well optioned.. I'm in love with air conditioned seats. It also is AWD.... which means, for me, it would be a year round vehicle which is a huge plus.

So ... I finally have the Mustang back, no new parts but they are on order. I decided to go car shopping and look for a cheap 4WD/AWD vehicle for this winter. I ended up at a new Ford dealership over 120 miles away from where I live and found a SHO.

The salesmen and I got to talking and I told them that I was interested in trading in the Mustang on a SHO and was curious as to what they would give me on trade. My car btw, is in great shape, it just hasn't been washed in three weeks. The interior was very clean. The car has no scratches, door dings, rock chips, nothing.. It's about as good as it gets, same with the interior.

They drove my car, got the VIN, looked up some stuff and came back with a trade in offer on my 23,000 mile, 1 of 1, 2014 Mustang .. $11,860. I was expecting to get low balled around $17,750 .. but $11,860 ... WTF.

So somewhat out of shock, I asked why the trade in was so low. They told me that when they looked up the VIN, that it showed so many issues and dealership visits that they simply didn't want to deal with selling my car. They told me they would take it on trade and immediately take it and sell it at auction and they might be able to get $13,500 -$14,500 out of it.

Which brings me to this ... Would Ford be responsible for this or is this just a crappy (which they were) dealership? It's not my fault Ford built a crap car and sold it to me.

I really hate my Junkstang.
Sorry to hear about those problems, my wife and I bought a new 2001 ford Taurus back in the day and I had nothing but problems with that car, including going through two transmissions under warranty and having the engine ping under load no matter what type of fuel I put in it from the day we bought it till the day it got traded. We kept it till the warranty was up and then took a lose on it when we traded it in, but at that point there was no way we were ever going to keep that POS!
So yeah I can relate to how frustrating it can be, that sucks!

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang