Finally tried MPT tonight... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-24-2015, 11:42 PM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Is that dyno shop reputable with the 3.7 engine specifically?
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2015, 12:48 AM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
They have tuned them all, they are almost purely a mustang tuner.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:17 AM   #38
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard3600 View Post
Ok I have a question for you kevin, and I guess the others paying attention to this thread, the MPT tune is around $100 more or less, I can get a Dyno tune at my local Dyno shop that is $300, and they are very reputable. The question I guess I would ask you, is which one would you go with? I, like you, have been running the Bama 93R tune for quite some time, and I feel I could get more out of my car, don't get me wrong, Bama does a great job with their tunes, but I also understand their limitations.
I'll jump in on a serious note here Alucard because this has been on my mind also. The question you WROTE above is which tune would be better, the question you are really asking yourself is which tune will I FEEL better about. If you get the MPT tune, you know it very likely will be more aggressive but it won't be a true strap the car down on the dyno custom tune. Some shop that will do the custom dyno tune may not be as aggressive as a canned MPT tune but it will however be truly specific to your car. Climate, humidity, ambient air temperature, humidity etc all play a major role and all change all the time. So "fine tuning" is only truly worthwhile when you are running under the same conditions you dyno'ed under. Don't everyone pounce here guys, my point is that fine edge giving you that last 1%, not all or nothing worthwhile. Arguably, both the canned and the dyno tune on an average day three months from now (into the next climate season) they will both be 99%-ish on in the context of above. For my part, the reason gears and drive shaft are my next upgrade is because I plan on doing the dyno custom tune here. I know I'll always wonder and end up doing it anyway so I'm setting up for the plunge now. And really, 300 clams in the context of all we put into our cars is nothing. That and how cool will it FEEL to see your car strapped down and reving up on the machine? You are only trying to fool yourself here and we both know it. You'll end up getting both in the end, just like I will because well, nothing less would really do would it? Make sure to post a video clip (w/ audio) if you go today my friend.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2015, 05:20 AM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
I would wait and dyno tune when you are done with mods personally
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:34 AM   #40
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I would wait and dyno tune when you are done with mods personally
lol is that possible? And yea I do agree with the Dyno tune, but I will probably wait until I get my gears, one piece ds, and intake ported ( if I ever do), before I strap her down to be tuned. I may have to indulge my self at some point to get a MPT tune so I can see what all the fuss is about.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:41 AM   #41
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard3600 View Post
lol is that possible? And yea I do agree with the Dyno tune, but I will probably wait until I get my gears, one piece ds, and intake ported ( if I ever do), before I strap her down to be tuned. I may have to indulge my self at some point to get a MPT tune so I can see what all the fuss is about.
Yeh man!
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:45 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
$300 is a good price, keep them in mind when you got all the mods you want.

The fastest Cyclone in the quarter was running 12.5's on a dyno tune. He switched to MPT and ran 12.2. Now he has a Tidal Wave Supercharger and just hit 11.0. (pretty sure this is on DTP's tune though).
Old 07-25-2015, 01:03 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Just find a drag strip, thats the point of test and tune nights
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang