Finally tried MPT tonight... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-23-2015, 09:48 PM   #1
Kevin.Cook

Finally tried MPT tonight...

I know yall are just gonna say "oh god, another tune thread". But let me at least say what I am gonna say.

I have ran with the stock tune for about 3 months. Bama tune for about 4-5 months. And today I loaded my first MPT tune.

I will say the Bama tune over stock was a nice change. However, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. So I bought a 93 Race tune from MPT. Kudos to Alex and AM but man am I glad I tried out this other tune. 2 things are noticeable right away.

1) Engine breaking is more noticeable on my Auto in Drive. Before, I ALWAYS had to use the brakes as the engine braking wasn't used much unless I was in Sport Mode. I really like being able to use the engine braking for hills and such. So this is a nice bonus I did not expect.

2) Man when this car shifts, my fat a$$ gets kicked every single time! Very nice! Also, it revs a bit higher before each shift. Feels more aggressive for sure.

All in all, the car just floats down the road now with what seems like less effort.

I took my car for 2 drives. 1 was to let the tune settle in and for the car to relearn things. The 2nd drive was mildly aggressive but did not go WOT yet. It was still enjoyable and definitely felt a tad more pep vs. the Bama tune.

Both tuning companies are respectable. I would say at least try both out once so you know the differences. I will say when I track during my last N/A months, it will be with the MPT tune. For my cruise up to PA, I will load my 87 Performance tune from Bama.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2015, 09:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I know yall are just gonna say "oh god, another tune thread". But let me at least say what I am gonna say.

I have ran with the stock tune for about 3 months. Bama tune for about 4-5 months. And today I loaded my first MPT tune.

I will say the Bama tune over stock was a nice change. However, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. So I bought a 93 Race tune from MPT. Kudos to Alex and AM but man am I glad I tried out this other tune. 2 things are noticeable right away.

1) Engine breaking is more noticeable on my Auto in Drive. Before, I ALWAYS had to use the brakes as the engine braking wasn't used much unless I was in Sport Mode. I really like being able to use the engine braking for hills and such. So this is a nice bonus I did not expect.

2) Man when this car shifts, my fat a$$ gets kicked every single time! Very nice! Also, it revs a bit higher before each shift. Feels more aggressive for sure.

All in all, the car just floats down the road now with what seems like less effort.

I took my car for 2 drives. 1 was to let the tune settle in and for the car to relearn things. The 2nd drive was mildly aggressive but did not go WOT yet. It was still enjoyable and definitely felt a tad more pep vs. the Bama tune.

Both tuning companies are respectable. I would say at least try both out once so you know the differences. I will say when I track during my last N/A months, it will be with the MPT tune. For my cruise up to PA, I will load my 87 Performance tune from Bama.
Just out of curiosity, which BAMA tune were you comparing to the 93 Race tune from MPT?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What did I tell you man... Glad you got it, now you can really enjoy that 373 gears..

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2015, 06:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
It"s going to be hard going back to the bama tune after running the mpt tune .. 2012 3.7 18x8 Amrs cooper zeons rs3/a , 93mpt race ,91 chill tunes redline hood struts .
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 07:05 AM   #5
Kevin.Cook

So I was comparing the MPT 93 tune to Bama's 93. I will still use the 87 Bama tune for long commutes. And I will still check out Bama's V2 tune for our cars when and if they come out.

Been waiting for almost 6 months now
Old 07-24-2015, 07:12 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
the fastest N/A 3.7 was MPT tuned

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:29 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Go through a couple of datalogs and dial it in, will be even better.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:09 AM   #8
Kevin.Cook

So MPT wants to dial in the tune. They need me to get it in 3rd gear and take it to 7000 RPM and email the log back to them. With 3.73s and 255/40/19 tires on the back, any idea what speed 3rd will take me up to when I hit 7000 RPM?
Old 07-24-2015, 10:23 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
l
Quote:
So MPT wants to dial in the tune. They need me to get it in 3rd gear and take it to 7000 RPM and email the log back to them. With 3.73s and 255/40/19 tires on the back, any idea what speed 3rd will take me up to when I hit 7000 RPM?

Around 100

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:24 AM   #10
Kevin.Cook

Nvm on tryin it around my town then. Lol. Every road is at 40 mph - 65 mph. I have no idea where I am going to try this. Even the highway only goes as high as 70 mph.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:24 AM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Warp speed

🇺🇸Vote Ox for July MOTM!🇺🇸

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:26 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
30 over isn't to bad of a ticket. Worse you will have to do is spend the night in jail. I have had that happen a couple times 95 in a 45 ect. Got to get that tune dialed in lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:27 AM   #13
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Warp speed

IG @Oxford5pointoh
lol smart ***. never watched Star Trek when I was a kid.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
30 over isn't to bad of a ticket. Worse you will have to do is spend the night in jail. I have had that happen a couple times 95 in a 45 ect. Got to get that tune dialed in lol

LOL! I am not even going to try and explain that to the wife.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:30 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nvm on tryin it around my town then. Lol. Every road is at 40 mph - 65 mph. I have no idea where I am going to try this. Even the highway only goes as high as 70 mph.
Yup...I got 99mph on an auto.
You're only talking maybe no more than 10 seconds of time between speed limit and 100 mph. You don't have to hold it at that.
Here's an idea, have someone else drive it for you. With a little incentive of course.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:32 AM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Are you seriously worried and concerned about taking your car to 100ish mph? I do this daily. Gotta know when and where you can get away with it. ON RAMP, up large hill (cops usually looking for the down hill speeder), some deserted country road.

If you really have objections to going that fast why even bother with a supercharger and half of the rest of what you have bought for the car? Not trying to be a dick, just honestly curious.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:36 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You're supposed to punch it as soon as you pass one of the authorized vehicle only spots on a highway. Then slow down before you get to the next one.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:41 AM   #17
Kevin.Cook

I am not worried about taking the car to high speeds. I am just worried about public roads in the city. People have families to get home to without worrying about someone needing to dial in a tune in the lane next to them at 90+ mph. I am not worried about my driving, I am worried about others on the road in Austin when I am at those speeds. Because people come to complete stops in the middle of the highway, cut cars off, I even seen one guy drive off the highway and hit someone.

Cops in Austin give 0 wiggle room. I have got plenty of tickets in the past and do not need/want any more. Already tight on money as it is saving for the Procharger and stuff, don't need a $500-$600 ticket to go along with it. Rather use that for the SC dyno tune.

I was just asking a simple question and will knock it out as soon as time/place permits. The modding is for eventually hitting up the track and going to shows. Not so I can be a d*** on the road.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:55 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I am not worried about taking the car to high speeds. I am just worried about public roads in the city. People have families to get home to without worrying about someone needing to dial in a tune in the lane next to them at 90+ mph. I am not worried about my driving, I am worried about others on the road in Austin when I am at those speeds. Because people come to complete stops in the middle of the highway, cut cars off, I even seen one guy drive off the highway and hit someone.

Cops in Austin give 0 wiggle room. I have got plenty of tickets in the past and do not need/want any more. Already tight on money as it is saving for the Procharger and stuff, don't need a $500-$600 ticket to go along with it. Rather use that for the SC dyno tune.

I was just asking a simple question and will knock it out as soon as time/place permits. The modding is for eventually hitting up the track and going to shows. Not so I can be a d*** on the road.

Why would you do it next to someone in the first place lol. The whole concept should go without saying that you'd do it safely with some common sense. There's plenty of times/stretches of highway that give you the 10 second window you need to hit 100 and slow back down to 70 before you reach another car. Go get that datalog done, no more excuses.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:57 AM   #19
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Why would you do it next to someone in the first place lol. The whole concept should go without saying that you'd do it safely with some common sense. There's plenty of times/stretches of highway that give you the 10 second window you need to hit 100 and slow back down to 70 before you reach another car. Go get that datalog done, no more excuses.

Not in Austin! Will do it when I am out of the city. Thanks for confirming the 3rd gear speed at 7k.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:05 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

True in Austin I'd how in the hell you would. I loose my mind every time we go through Austin.
We go there for in and out.

Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:07 AM   #21
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
True in Austin I'd how in the hell you would. I loose my mind every time we go through Austin.
We go there for in and out.

Hey they opened one up off 1604 in San Antonio.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:13 AM   #22
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Idk but with my 3.31 MT 3rd tops out below 100 it'll be slower with 3.73 still fast enough to get you in trouble pick your spot wisely

I will admit my #'s may be off as I don't look at the gauges much when I'm hooning it is more of either "whee!" or "see ya later"
Old 07-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #23
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Idk but with my 3.31 MT 3rd tops out below 100 it'll be slower with 3.73 still fast enough to get you in trouble pick your spot wisely

I will admit my #'s may be off as I don't look at the gauges much when I'm hooning it is more of either "whee!" or "see ya later"
Haha, I like that. Same here.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:55 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I'm sure they are going to close the thread for "street racing"....

2013 Premium Performance White

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripe, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows, all lights tinted

Last Mod: Bama 91 Race Tune

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:58 PM   #25
Kevin.Cook

Yea I am definitely NOT doing that.

You know you got your mods listed twice?
Old 07-24-2015, 04:02 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
They won't close this thread. I won't let them. I'm like the Gandalf of this thread
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:04 PM   #27
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
They won't close this thread. I won't let them. I'm like the Gandalf of this thread
Lmao! Yea people are suggesting to hit 100 on a road or highway but I will resist the temptation. So does that leave me in the clear?
Old 07-24-2015, 04:37 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Living on the coast I have plenty of backroads & 2 lane hwy to let her run! After I get my suspension set up I'm getting an MPT tune myself. Thanks for the review!
Old 07-24-2015, 04:37 PM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Lmao! Yea people are suggesting to hit 100 on a road or highway but I will resist the temptation. So does that leave me in the clear?
Call the police and get a police escort
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:40 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Call the police and get a police escort

Hit 150 for awhile and you won't even have to call them ☺️

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripe, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows, all lights tinted

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:46 PM   #31
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz12 View Post
Hit 150 for awhile and you won't even have to call them ☺️

LMFAO! I'd either be dead or they would have laid a spike strip down for me.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:56 PM   #32
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Quote:
Nvm on tryin it around my town then. Lol. Every road is at 40 mph - 65 mph. I have no idea where I am going to try this...
Uhh. Any side street.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:18 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Just drive the car with the mpt tune and enjoy it already
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:37 PM   #34
Kevin.Cook

I have. I might ask for the shifts to be toned down a bit. The constant kicks in the *** every shift is a bit much for DD.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:56 PM   #35
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
Ok I have a question for you kevin, and I guess the others paying attention to this thread, the MPT tune is around $100 more or less, I can get a Dyno tune at my local Dyno shop that is $300, and they are very reputable. The question I guess I would ask you, is which one would you go with? I, like you, have been running the Bama 93R tune for quite some time, and I feel I could get more out of my car, don't get me wrong, Bama does a great job with their tunes, but I also understand their limitations.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang