Adjustable LCAs - help? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-24-2015, 10:13 AM   #1
Region: Tennessee
Adjustable LCAs - help?

Okay so here is my issue
I replaced my stock lower control arms yesterday with a set of single adjustable Scott Drake ones (Scott Drake Store - 2005-14 Mustang Lower Adjustable Control Arms with UHMW and Spherical Bushings-Street)

The car is lowered 1.375" in front and 2" in rear, I have stock non adjustable panhard bar along with stock UCA, stock driveshaft, and stock 2.73's

What I am currently concerned with (and afraid of) is messing up my pinion angle, and if I even installed these things right (I've got the adjustable ends closest to the front of the car with grease fittings pointing down)

I was hoping someone could help me in adjusting the dang things correctly so that I am not breaking anything - I want to get my pinion angle correct since the car is lowered, and when I installed the new arms I made them even with the stock ones, but I am just ignorant in the fact that is this - with a lowered car, do you need longer or shorter arms? Why are they adjustable? How can I tell if the angle is straight, or what does a correct pinion angle look like?

I just need help

Found a pdf on how to install about 35 seconds after posting
carry on!

2014 Mustang V6 in Race Red - Manual
aFe Stage 2 CAI - Pypes Axleback
SR Performance Short Shifter Bracket
93 Octane Bama Race Tune - SX4 Tuner
Scott Drake Single Adj. LCAs
kyleinamustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Maryland
If you were worried about fixing/setting a pinion angle, the LCA's have no impact on that. You need an adjustable upper. As for setting them, as long as they are the same length you will be fine.

It sounds like you have them installed correctly if the front bushing is poly and the spherical is on the axle with the grease fittings facing down.

2013 SGM 3.7 | MPT Tune | JBA Titanium Ceramic Shorty Headers | MGW Gen 1 | Blowfish Street Bracket | BBK TB | 18" Charcoal AMR | FRPP 3.55 | BMR LCA | Steeda Panhard Bar | Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft |
mariusvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: California
I think the pinion angle can be slightly changed if your lca's are pushed out too far since one end of the lca's is connected directly to the axle via relocation brackets. I shortened mine up all the way and got rid of a nasty vibration buzzing that got worse over 60 mph. The lca's were installed just a bit off. Like .5" too far. Just make sure your wheels are perfectly centered in the wheel wells
2012 Pony Pkg 3.7 convertible, MPT tuned, 4.10's, Dynotech 3.5" DS, Borla Touring axle backs, BBK 73mm TB and ceramic shorties, Whiteline sway bars and UCA/LCA with relocation brackets, BMR adj. PHB and brace, Steeda CAI, CE frame braces, Bilstein shocks, H&R race springs, SS brake lines, full HID, GT 500 gauge pod with gauges and misc. exterior upgrades
pitboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang