Ported intake manifolds - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2015, 05:07 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
The guy who did the porting, Mark Peterson was local so I just dropped the car off and he had it back the next night.
GT227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2015, 07:49 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT227 View Post
The guy who did the porting, Mark Peterson was local so I just dropped the car off and he had it back the next night.
Ah, so that included taking them off and reinstalling?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-03-2015, 05:18 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Yes sir. If anyone is in the Tampa area and interested in contacting Mark, send me a PM. But you can find him on the group Pony Up on Facebook.
GT227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2015, 05:53 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT227 View Post
Yes sir. If anyone is in the Tampa area and interested in contacting Mark, send me a PM. But you can find him on the group Pony Up on Facebook.
So, porting only should be much cheaper then.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-12-2015, 11:16 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I personally am not convinced yet if the port and polish is worth the money along with the process of removing the old set and reinstall the new set.

OP , if you don't mind me asking what kind of money did this cost? I would want to have a realistic idea on the rwhp gains for this mod before I even considered dropping the coin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is more of a supporting mod than anything else. Will it help a stock car? Yes. But you will see more benefits from doing other supporting mods to match this.

Tb
Intake (no proven results in this motor just in general)
Headers
Mid pipe
Etc

Anything that helps the motor breathe better will help you produce power but only to a certain extent.
Each individual mod can only do so much and a lot of these mods require other mods to really reap the reward

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:30 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblur View Post
Yeah at $350 to $400 it is probably the best bang for the buck mod we can do for the 3.7.

Dynos have been showing ported manifolds making 15-20rwhp through out the power band. Id say its well worth it.
Hello and amazing what I just saw !! Im ready to have the job done port the lower and top manifold and you have it! So the car has great improvement 15-20 hp??
Thank you always
blackout2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:43 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout2012 View Post
Hello and amazing what I just saw !! Im ready to have the job done port the lower and top manifold and you have it! So the car has great improvement 15-20 hp??
Thank you always
At points in the RPM range, yes. 15-20 peak? no. Peak gains are about 8-10whp.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:23 PM   #43
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Sorry to necro this thread. So i was gonna go down this route. Bought the manifolds. Got in touch with this Mark guy who does porting. The guy doesnt know how to use paypal. That was the first issue.

Next, they wanted me to send them the money via walmarts money transfer - not happening!

Next, they wanted me to gift them the money via paypal - DEFINITELY not happening.

Lastly, we finally got a legit transaction to go through via paypal. They refund the money because they did not want to wait a week for the funds to become available and they got a $9 paypal fee because of the sale (normal).

So i wasted a whole night of going back and forth and now i have $500 pending for a week.

I would recommend using someone else if you need porting done. Unless you can meet this guy in person. Which is in Florida. But if you are far away, dont do it.

Unless you wanna be dumb and gift the money with minimal protection on your end.

This is from walmarts website for "moneygrams":

Once money is wired and received it cannot be recovered and unfortunately you will be at loss for any money transferred.

So do not be fooled.

The guy I bought the manifolds also said he will not be referring anyone to him anymore. I just went and got the manifolds refunded also. I am not even going to bother with this mod.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:01 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

What a pain... thanks for the heads up for everyone.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:11 AM   #45
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

And that guy doesnt even polish anymore. He said he only ports and leaves it with "fine grit" on the inside.

Idk what that is all about.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Old 04-08-2016, 07:24 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
Sorry to necro this thread. So i was gonna go down this route. Bought the manifolds. Got in touch with this Mark guy who does porting. The guy doesnt know how to use paypal. That was the first issue.

Next, they wanted me to send them the money via walmarts money transfer - not happening!

Next, they wanted me to gift them the money via paypal - DEFINITELY not happening.

Lastly, we finally got a legit transaction to go through via paypal. They refund the money because they did not want to wait a week for the funds to become available and they got a $9 paypal fee because of the sale (normal).

So i wasted a whole night of going back and forth and now i have $500 pending for a week.

I would recommend using someone else if you need porting done. Unless you can meet this guy in person. Which is in Florida. But if you are far away, dont do it.

Unless you wanna be dumb and gift the money with minimal protection on your end.

This is from walmarts website for "moneygrams":

Once money is wired and received it cannot be recovered and unfortunately you will be at loss for any money transferred.

So do not be fooled.

The guy I bought the manifolds also said he will not be referring anyone to him anymore. I just went and got the manifolds refunded also. I am not even going to bother with this mod.
You definitely need to do the mod. The biggest mods on these cars are tune, gears, headers, and ported intake manifolds (MPT confirmed the last set I did for Robert Sumpter flowed 15% more air then stock).

TB Built also does great port work and flows about the same, he does a higher volume and was back ordered a month last time I check. But he does great work (even though I don't like the guy personally).

Kevin, I'll let you know if I get a break in the work schedule to port you a set, sorry you had all the problems with Mark.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:28 AM   #47
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
You definitely need to do the mod. The biggest mods on these cars are tune, gears, headers, and ported intake manifolds (MPT confirmed the last set I did for Robert Sumpter flowed 15% more air then stock).

TB Built also does great port work and flows about the same, he does a higher volume and was back ordered a month last time I check. But he does great work (even though I don't like the guy personally).

Kevin, I'll let you know if I get a break in the work schedule to port you a set, sorry you had all the problems with Mark.
Oh hey! I didn't know you had an account on here. I wish you had the time.

I posted a review in that Cyclone lounge on fb. Let the flaming begin.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:26 AM   #48
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

You guys can laugh at my post here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cycl...ounge/?fref=nf

Look at this guy trying to save himself. As expected I guess but failing miserably...

Old 04-08-2016, 10:35 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Too bad it's a closed group and I can't ever seem to get my join request accept. But that's pretty crappy to not understand how PayPal works and why people would want that protection.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2016, 10:39 AM   #50
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

I didn't realize the group was closed.

Here are some snippits for you guys then...

His big posts might be hard to read because he types like a 4th grader with a wall of text.

Just the highlights...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	199425   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	199426  

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	199427   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture4.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	199428  

Old 04-08-2016, 10:43 AM   #51
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Here is a better picture vs. that last one. You can decide who made the right choice in the end...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	199429  

Old 04-08-2016, 12:52 PM   #52
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Well, they deleted my post on that FB page. I guess the guy is good with the admins or something. Whatever....

I got the screenshots though. So I have the proof of him looking like an idiot. Why a business will not accept paypal is beyond me. Paypal is the lifeblood of online purchases these days.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:49 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
Too bad it's a closed group and I can't ever seem to get my join request accept. But that's pretty crappy to not understand how PayPal works and why people would want that protection.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
What is your facebook username. I could probably invite you if not I could get you invited for sure.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:44 PM   #54

Region: Kansas
Leaving it with a somewhat rough surface on the intake side creates a layer of boundary air. The air moving through the ports ride on a cushion of air in the finish. Its actually better than a smooth finish. I do a fair amount of porting and all my intake ports are finished that way as well. So no worries on that. BTW, my paypal works fine.
ksdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang