What Brand Shocks and Struts - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-29-2015, 09:10 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Socal where in the same vote after reading this thread I don't know if I should get the orange anymore..

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2015, 09:23 PM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Socal where in the same vote after reading this thread I don't know if I should get the orange anymore..

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
I think I'll be going with the Eibachs instead.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:24 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I think I'll be going with the Eibachs instead.
Do you know how much they are for the set? And where you getting them, I'm literally sitting in my computer to order..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2015, 10:25 PM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Do you know how much they are for the set? And where you getting them, I'm literally sitting in my computer to order..

459.00 minus the 6%. I'll order mine from LMR. I tend to order more stuff there because I can get it quicker.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:07 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
459.00 minus the 6%. I'll order mine from LMR. I tend to order more stuff there because I can get it quicker.
Are u getting the gt500 mounts?

Old 07-30-2015, 08:26 AM   #41
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Are u getting the gt500 mounts?

Yup
Old 07-30-2015, 09:06 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
I've had noises with my Koni oranges ever since installation. I always figured it was something I didn't tighten down or install correctly. Now wondering if it isn't the struts (and some from the shocks, but I am thinking that is something else) themselves. I've been thinking about just going back to stock and seeing what happens, but haven't gotten around to it. With other people reporting noises, I might just buy some Eibachs to replace them and call it a day.
Are you running the OEM mounts? Let me know ... it could be the mounts reacting to the change to the Pro Action Shocks & Struts.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:18 PM   #43
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Are you running the OEM mounts? Let me know ... it could be the mounts reacting to the change to the Pro Action Shocks & Struts.

Best Regards,

TJ
TJ! Haven't seen you around in a few days. How has things been at Steeda? Any plans to get a shop in Texas?
Old 07-30-2015, 09:23 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Lol - I have been around ... just haven't seen me lurking.

Texas, not at the moment ... would be nice to have a facility in that market too! If you are interested, I can have you talk to the owner

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 07-30-2015, 09:25 PM   #45
Registered Member

Regular

Forget Texas, you guys have LMR. Now California on the other hand.....
Old 07-30-2015, 09:27 PM   #46
Kevin.Cook

Yea but LMR Is in Houston. that is quite a drive there and back for me. Lets get a Steeda shop in the Austin/San Antonio area
Old 07-30-2015, 11:17 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post

Best Regards,

TJ
That's what I thought at first so I replaced them with J&M Caster Camber plates not long after I installed the struts. I've been wondering if it was the front end swaybar links (installed at the same time, but I don't really think it is them), so I am replacing those this weekend. I was never happy with the SR ones that I bought to replace the OEMs so it's not a huge loss. I just got some MOOG ones since I didn't want to bother with adjustables again and people say they're reliable, if not exactly performance parts.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:09 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's what I thought at first so I replaced them with J&M Caster Camber plates not long after I installed the struts. I've been wondering if it was the front end swaybar links (installed at the same time, but I don't really think it is them), so I am replacing those this weekend. I was never happy with the SR ones that I bought to replace the OEMs so it's not a huge loss. I just got some MOOG ones since I didn't want to bother with adjustables again and people say they're reliable, if not exactly performance parts.
Yes, try the replacements mentioned above - the Pro Actions shocks should not make any noise.

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang