How can I hit the stock 0-60 time in real life? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-28-2015, 11:06 AM   #1

Region: Pennsylvania
Cool How can I hit the stock 0-60 time in real life?

I just bought a near brand new 2013 (4k miles). I test drove it without a sales guy and tested out the 0-60 feature on the Track Apps but I didn't get very good results. Keep in mind that I have never really driven any kind of fast car and while I am really ****in' excited about this car I don't have any idea what I'm doing.
So it was a 50 mph empty road. It was straight but was kind of wavy up and down. I don't want to say bumpy but the road dipped then came up up a little. All I really did was go from a complete stop and tried flooring it from the start as well as easing into 1st/2nd.

Anyway, the best time I got 0-60 was 7.6s. How fast should I be able to get with everything stock? I'm pretty sure traction control is on by default too, and I didn't change anything. I did do it in S mode and also once in D though.

Does traction control make that much of a difference? Is it the road not being totally flat? Do I just need better skill at accelerating?

One other question. Where do you guys test yours? I googled a few different tracks near me but they all require $25-35 to race. Is there anywhere you can just go to test?
fry84x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2015, 11:21 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
With track control on, wavy road, up and down, and you are expecting to get a good result?

The hot temperature will also make it significantly worse, due to the decreased density of oxygen.
2014 Mustang 3.7L cyclone engine with 6 spd transmission. Mods: 93 MPT Race Tune, 3.31 Gears, Airaid CAI, BBK Shorty Ceramic Headers, Corsa Sport axle backs, Strut Tower Brace, Steeda rear seat X-brace, BMR Rear LCAs, GT wheels, MGW race spec shifter, Passenger seat delete, spare tire delete, Moroso battery relocation to the trunk.
liv4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:23 AM   #3
Kevin.Cook

The tracks near me is about $20 to race also. I wouldn't expect amazing numbers with a stock 2013 V6. It all comes with modding. Plus, other things can affect the performance. The road, above sea level, temperature, etc.

For instance. People always say stock 11-14 V6s run 14-14.5 in the 1/2 mile. Well in TX, they run about 15 seconds. No matter what. Even with my mods, I was barely able to break 14 seconds. The heat alone is a big factor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2015, 11:55 AM   #4

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
The tracks near me is about $20 to race also. I wouldn't expect amazing numbers with a stock 2013 V6. It all comes with modding. Plus, other things can affect the performance. The road, above sea level, temperature, etc.
When you say its $20 to race, what does that cover? Can you just run a straightaway by yourself? Is it just once? I just want to practice some 0-60 runs, don't care about competing against anyone else.

What does your v6 do 0-60 in Texas?
fry84x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
His 0-60 now is slow. In a few months she will fly due to some much needed boost. . Jealous much.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:02 PM   #6
Kevin.Cook

I will have to look back at my time slips. My best 1/4 mile time so far was 13.87 and I hit ~103 mph.

The $20 gets you in for the entire night usually. You can run by yourself or next to someone. Doesn't matter. Usually someone will run with you cuz remember, those people want to test their car also. Doesn't matter with who.

The SA Raceway is a 1/4 mile strip.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fry84x View Post
I just bought a near brand new 2013 (4k miles). I test drove it without a sales guy and tested out the 0-60 feature on the Track Apps but I didn't get very good results. Keep in mind that I have never really driven any kind of fast car and while I am really ****in' excited about this car I don't have any idea what I'm doing.
So it was a 50 mph empty road. It was straight but was kind of wavy up and down. I don't want to say bumpy but the road dipped then came up up a little. All I really did was go from a complete stop and tried flooring it from the start as well as easing into 1st/2nd.

Anyway, the best time I got 0-60 was 7.6s. How fast should I be able to get with everything stock? I'm pretty sure traction control is on by default too, and I didn't change anything. I did do it in S mode and also once in D though.

Does traction control make that much of a difference? Is it the road not being totally flat? Do I just need better skill at accelerating?

One other question. Where do you guys test yours? I googled a few different tracks near me but they all require $25-35 to race. Is there anywhere you can just go to test?
I would say an avg 0 - 60 with a stock V6 would be in the low 6's.
Of course, many magazines got anywhere from the low 5's to the high 6's.
The stock perf pack helps.
Traction control shouldn't make a difference if your tires don't break loose.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:29 PM   #8

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post

For instance. People always say stock 11-14 V6s run 14-14.5 in the 1/2 mile. Well in TX, they run about 15 seconds. No matter what. Even with my mods, I was barely able to break 14 seconds. The heat alone is a big factor.

Texas here. Race track is 39ft above sea level, but Density Altitude is rarely below +2000 ft !! I still manage 13.7-14.1@101-103+mph on a decent run with no power shifting, and a 2.1-2.2 60ft ? Your car should be faster? My mods are factory 3.31, shorty headers, Bama tune, FRPP axle back, tires, and CAI ...

On topic, you will need a stick shift, and a well prepped track with negative or close DA to hit advertised 0-60 numbers lol. They either adjust for altitude ,and/ or run the best version of a car possible and take the best time from multiple runs.
I say tune it and hit the track. If your sixty Foot gets to 2.0-2.1 or less, mod more and repeat lol!
1SlowStangGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:51 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I've only timed my 0-60 via the track app maybe 15-20 times, but I constantly get anywhere from 5.7-6.1. I have a 6MT so with more practice launching I feel I can get that down to hopefully the low 5's. Car has 2.73's, and is stock other than Magnaflow Street catback exhaust.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:03 AM   #10
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SlowStangGuy View Post
Texas here. Race track is 39ft above sea level, but Density Altitude is rarely below +2000 ft !! I still manage 13.7-14.1@101-103+mph on a decent run with no power shifting, and a 2.1-2.2 60ft ? Your car should be faster? My mods are factory 3.31, shorty headers, Bama tune, FRPP axle back, tires, and CAI ...

On topic, you will need a stick shift, and a well prepped track with negative or close DA to hit advertised 0-60 numbers lol. They either adjust for altitude ,and/ or run the best version of a car possible and take the best time from multiple runs.
I say tune it and hit the track. If your sixty Foot gets to 2.0-2.1 or less, mod more and repeat lol!
Could be, but that was my first track visit.....ever. Will be going again in a few days.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang