Anyone tried Bama V2 Tunes? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-31-2015, 05:23 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Did you delete them out of your email and trash? Lol. Otherwise, you still have them.
Thanks Kevin. Now I feel rotten again. Oh well, I might as well keep 'em.
(Already installed)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2015, 06:17 PM   #72
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
Thanks Kevin. Now I feel rotten again. Oh well, I might as well keep 'em.
(Already installed)

Lmao!
Old 07-31-2015, 06:39 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Anyone tried Bama V2 Tunes?

Submitted mine Wednesday night at 6 PM and received the tunes today (Friday) at 7 AM. Only thing is that they look like the same file they sent me when I ordered my tuner like a month ago. The file name does not say "V2" not sure if I should be concerned or not. Maybe they sent me the same tunes again? 😔 Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1438385966.172531.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	188415

2013 Premium Performance White

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripe, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows, all lights tinted

Last Mod: Bama 91 Race Tune

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2015, 06:44 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
My files both have the v2 in the name
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1438386222.462808.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	188417

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 07-31-2015, 06:48 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabberblue12 View Post
My files both have the v2 in the name
Attachment 188417

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See that concerns me why mine does not 👿

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripe, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows, all lights tinted

IG: chaznungaray

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Old 07-31-2015, 06:58 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

I would be more worried about the extender .frg? All the tune files I have seen have a cef extender. Do you have a SCT tuner?
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:11 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

No it's a Diablo sport so it's .frg

Old 07-31-2015, 09:07 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Chaz, if you want to verify if they are exactly the same file or not you can hash them and see if they match.

If you're on Windows you can use something like WinMD5 (WinMD5 Free - Windows MD5 Utility Freeware)
If you have a (not super old) Mac, you can open a terminal window and go to the file then just type md5 <filename>.

If you have Linux then you can open a terminal and do an md5sum <filename> on most distributions.

Just do this for both files and see if the string it gives you is the same for both of them.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:40 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Chaz, if you want to verify if they are exactly the same file or not you can hash them and see if they match.

If you're on Windows you can use something like WinMD5 (WinMD5 Free - Windows MD5 Utility Freeware)
If you have a (not super old) Mac, you can open a terminal window and go to the file then just type md5 <filename>.

If you have Linux then you can open a terminal and do an md5sum <filename> on most distributions.

Just do this for both files and see if the string it gives you is the same for both of them.

Cool I'll try that, thanks!

Old 07-31-2015, 09:49 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

I am very pleased with the V2 93 Race tune. The car feels more responsive and even smoother climbing through the gears. Down shifting and passing is very aggresive. In any case the V2 is as good, if not better, than my older 93R tune.

I just drove approximately 15 miles on the interstate. At 60 mph (speed limit and to replicate OEM specs) with the A/C on....... I averaged 33.2 mpg, with a high of 36 mpg on a flat straightaway. Oh, and that's with 3.73 gears. So, even if performance is only a fraction better, the mileage improvement makes the whole effort worthwhile. Nice job BAMA!
Old 07-31-2015, 10:34 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
I am very pleased with the V2 93 Race tune. The car feels more responsive and even smoother climbing through the gears. Down shifting and passing is very aggresive. In any case the V2 is as good, if not better, than my older 93R tune.

I just drove approximately 15 miles on the interstate. At 60 mph (speed limit and to replicate OEM specs) with the A/C on....... I averaged 33.2 mpg, with a high of 36 mpg on a flat straightaway. Oh, and that's with 3.73 gears. So, even if performance is only a fraction better, the mileage improvement makes the whole effort worthwhile. Nice job BAMA!
You really can't talk about mpg with 15 miles worth of statistics though.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 06:57 AM   #82
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

I jumped on the bad wagon with everyone else. Submitted my request at 0500 on Wednesday. Anxious here too. Mainly as I was thinking there would be a fast turn around but in the end it's only a handful of guys servicing a ton of requests.

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Kevin, wanna make a side wager race bet on this? Whoever gets their tune request filled first between us, wins. Loser buys first beer.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:07 AM   #83
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
I jumped on the bad wagon with everyone else. Submitted my request at 0500 on Wednesday. Anxious here too. Mainly as I was thinking there would be a fast turn around but in the end it's only a handful of guys servicing a ton of requests.

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Kevin, wanna make a side wager race bet on this? Whoever gets their tune request filled first between us, wins. Loser buys first beer.
Lol sure. What happens when we get ours around the same time?

Due to my condition, I don't really drink. But I am always cool with a soda or something.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:13 AM   #84
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Quote:
Lol sure. What happens when we get ours around the same time?

Due to my condition, I don't really drink. But I am always cool with a soda or something.
We'll kick it up a notch then... Two concession stand cheeseburgers.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Old 08-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #85
Kevin.Cook

Hopefully they arent $20 a burger. Lmao!
Old 08-01-2015, 12:13 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Does anyone know how much hp one would get with just the tune verses the mpt 93 pre tune?
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:21 PM   #87
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by jek57 View Post
Does anyone know how much hp one would get with just the tune verses the mpt 93 pre tune?

I'm waiting for Will from AM to get back to me.

He/AM offered to put my car on a dyno to compare the tunes.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:12 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Finally received my V2 93 Race tune. The car feels more responsive and smoother through the gears.....I only used it for 35-50 miles today...but someone tell me how get 33+ MPG on a race tune??

What I miss from my MPT tune is just the start up, idling, 15 MPH in a neighborhood......my car sounds so aggressive.....especially when the lope starts.....I cant tell you how many times I have rolled up to post and the guard compliments my car and the sound. If only I could merge the two.

93 R V2 is definitely a great tune...Ill try it out for a little bit, then the 93 P V2......Ill keep you all in the loop......fyi I think Bama forgot about my order.....because within seconds of contacting AM I received my tunes. They gave me the line that they come back in the order the were received....but no worries...happy to get them.

More to follow.

Ray
raykrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 03:28 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I'll have to try the 93R V2, all I can say is my 91R V2 is on par with my previous 91R tune I've been running for a couple of years, which was smooth from idle to 7k and was never data logged.
The 91r V2 is a good tune but I'm going to take the advice from many on here with plenty experience and try an Mpt tune when I have the extra $$$, I was expecting a significant difference with the V2.
I'll also see if Bama can let me data log to see if I can maximize the 91R V2.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:04 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

I have the mpt 93 pre race tune and the 91 chill tune .Both are great tunes i don't have bama tunes on my sct x3 had them with my 09 so i can't really compare But if you try the mpt tunes you won't be disappointed
Old 08-01-2015, 04:11 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Everyone says Mpt, so I gotta give them a try. The 91R V2 isn't a weak tune by any means, I was just expecting more, kinda like when you tune your car for the very first time and your like, hell ya, with a smile from ear to ear. Idk maybe my expectations are to high from a simple tune. I can honestly say it was just a meh reaction. I'm still a proud supporter of Bama though, and still happy with my tunes overall.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:47 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

When i had the bama tunes on my 09 never had a problem with them great customer service and the tunes were good .But no nothing wrong with bama but i decided to try the mpt tunes and so far been happy .
Old 08-04-2015, 10:45 AM   #93
Kevin.Cook

Still have not received mine yet. I submitted mine almost a week ago. Lol.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:56 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Email said it is estimated to deliver in 5-7 business days. If you submitted it on Wednesday then it has technically only been 4 so far.

EDIT: Right as I submitted this I received an email with my tunes. So...they're still coming, just give it a bit.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:40 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
When I called/emailed they squared me away in minutes
raykrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:44 AM   #96
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Got my V2 in and installed yesterday. No V2 in the new file name here. Running the 93 R race now. Feels slightly more snappy but one definitely noticable thing is heat. My car runs coolant temps around 202 degrees all the time. It can be 105 outside or 65 and its the same 202-203ish without fail. (Temps as per livewire tuner live gauges.) With new tunes I noticed straight away, the car is running about 5-7 degrees cooler now. 100 miles on clock since installing tunes yesterday with no weather change here. Definately, the tune or at least the temp reader.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:48 AM   #97
Kevin.Cook

I know I could call and get it quicker. I just like to see how long it takes them to send me a tune if I let them run on their own time. I am in no rush personally. I just always found it comical that it literally always take 7 business days out of the 5-7 business day time frame. While others who submitted theirs later already got theirs.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #98
Kevin.Cook

What I really need is the GTB tune by #ydbt.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:15 PM   #99
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
What I really need is the GTB tune by #ydbt.

Keep an eye on your email Kevin, Bama has something coming your way.
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:18 PM   #100
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post

Keep an eye on your email Kevin, Bama has something coming your way.
Haha Alex. I appreciate it. Not sure if you saw my PMs, but the Hawk pads should be on their way back now. Powerstop kit is working great! Even tried it at the drag strip and my car stopped fine.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:20 PM   #101
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Working through them right now, you guys are keeping me busy. I'll be back shortly!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:27 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by raykrieg View Post
I have 2012 Mustang Convertible (Automatic). I have been using MPT Ghost Cam Tune...which for the record is pretty awesome. But since I bought my tuner from American Muscle and received tunes for life; thought I'd switch back for a little bit. So, I am looking for thoughts input on the V2?
Or any other tune you can recommend.....open to all ideas and inputs.

Gas: 93 Octane
Axle: 2.73
Tires:275/45/19
MAC Off-Road Pro Chamber Mid-Pipe
MAC Axle Back Exhaust
Airaid Cold Air Intake
What does the ghost cam tune do excatly? I'm thinking about it for my car?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:35 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy2014 View Post
What does the ghost cam tune do excatly? I'm thinking about it for my car?

Wastes gas to simulate a loping cam.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:49 PM   #104
Kevin.Cook

Just got the tune. Thanks Alex. Once I am able to, I will compare the V2 to the GTB tune and let everyone know the difference...
Old 08-04-2015, 02:12 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Wastes gas to simulate a loping cam.
Yea that's off my bucket list lol thanks

bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang