Good H-pipe? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-31-2015, 01:46 AM   #36

Region: Illinois
Hey if anyone is still here, one last thing. Is the MAC prochamber off-road mid pipe going to give me the same extremely loud rasp that a catless x/h pipe would? The prochamber seems to be different from x/h pipes and I can't find any videos of it without the car already having a **** ton of exhaust mods.

Any experience with those? They are expensive but if they better sounding than, say, a catted x pipe, I wouldn't mind paying the extra cash.
TrevorHolmberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2015, 04:59 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
The mac pro chamber is a catless and does not have resonators.

This will require a tune to shut off the O2 sensors in the cats.
If your ok with that then my other concern would be rasp.

No cats or resonators. Here come the bumble bees.
Cats and resonators help reduce rasp.
Yes an h pipe will have less rasp than an x pipe by design. This is common knowledge. But the main thing to remove rasp on these motors is muffler choice. Using cats and using atleast 20" long resonators.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:14 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorHolmberg View Post
Hey if anyone is still here, one last thing. Is the MAC prochamber off-road mid pipe going to give me the same extremely loud rasp that a catless x/h pipe would? The prochamber seems to be different from x/h pipes and I can't find any videos of it without the car already having a **** ton of exhaust mods.

Any experience with those? They are expensive but if they better sounding than, say, a catted x pipe, I wouldn't mind paying the extra cash.
As far as the off-road MAC Prochamber vs. the catless H-pipe. There is at least one other member on this forum that has the off-road prochamber in conjunction with long tubes, as I recall. What I don't recall is who it is.
As you may have noticed, I replaced my hybrid X mid pipe with a Prochamber but still have my stock cats and resonator. My problem is I have the Borla Touring muffler which as it turns out, is too quiet for my taste. Waiting for a good deal on maybe Roush or other loud mufflers.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2015, 09:10 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I would swap you for some stypes or attacks for my roush ab. Been wanting to run those with my current setup for a while but doesn't sound like you've got what I want

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:29 PM   #40

Region: Illinois
Hmm alright, thanks!
TrevorHolmberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:58 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I'm a bit late to the party but I'll throw my own .02 into the mix. I had similar issues with my setup. except i was stock with Mag Street axel backs. I went with BBK shortie headers and a GT take off H pipe. just cut the hybrid out after the cats and resonators and it welded up flawlessly. Car has a nice deep tone and with a data-logged tune it made the performance a bit better. Most anyone here who has heard my car in person has liked it and confirmed its tone. best part is I have 0 rasp and the GT H pipe was only $50 and installed for $75 so about $125 all together. just some food for thought.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang