Trident Motorsports Axlebacks... Installed! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2015, 07:56 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Trident Motorsports Axlebacks... Installed!

Pretty happy with these everyone... Actually, that's not right. I've exceptionally happy with these. Good deep rich tone without being obnoxious. I did a video to show you guys a bit more about these units. Sound quality is fair but hey, I'm filming with a cell phone. Check it out.

2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2015, 08:09 PM   #2
Lord NoMoney
Staff

Region: Texas
Cool video. I'm sure cyclone fans will enjoy it! Sounds pretty damn good for the sixxer! Something that got me

"I'm not 17 anymore but sometimes I like to pretend"

Had me laughing

2010 Grabber Blue GT
1999 Contour ES
IG = @silverskoundrel
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Great video and great Stang please update all when you take it out and let us how they are on the road

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2015, 09:05 PM   #4
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Thanks guys. Will do on the update after a few hundred miles. Took it out and sounds good. Cabin noise is fun but can still talk on the phone with bluetooth.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Old 07-30-2015, 09:25 PM   #5
Kevin.Cook

Very nice! Wish these were around when I picked out my mufflers at the end of last year. (if they were, I apologize but did not hear or see them around that time)

Now you just need headers and gears and you are set man! Your mod list is catching up

For exterior, some type of hood vent needed and some side scoops
Old 07-30-2015, 09:33 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Driveshaft and 3.55 gears are next my friend. Trying to catch up though!
Old 07-30-2015, 09:34 PM   #7
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Driveshaft and 3.55 gears are next my friend. Trying to catch up though!
You are doing good man. I look back now and see everything I have done. Even all the little things, and I am like "Did a 26 yr old really afford all this plus more soon?"

lol
Old 07-30-2015, 09:44 PM   #8

Region: Washington
Nice Video. Sounds good!
Old 07-30-2015, 10:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Great sound. Definitely interested in how they sound in a few hundred miles. Would like to know if it gets deeper or louder?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
stangingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:51 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I've been impressed with the vids I've seen of this exhaust. It's going to be my next upgrade.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:58 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I'll have to hear it in person at the AM show!
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:28 AM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Hampton the ds and 3.55 gears will be my next mods too, glad you decided to get the Tridents, I absolutely love mine! Though be warned when you throw on LTs and an xpipe they do get louder lol/
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:28 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
how's the drone?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:06 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
That's about as good of a sound clip as I have heard for the 3.7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:09 PM   #15
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
how's the drone?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
100 miles on the cans so far. (I have quite the commute each am.) Not much drone. There is a spot between 2100-2300 ish rpm where I can hear it wanting to echo in the cabin. It's present but you have to hang in the rev range. Since I don't normally cruise at that rpm, for the present, it doesn't bother me. With the gear install I have planned (3.55), that may be a different story for interstate driving. Time will tell there.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:15 PM   #16
Kevin.Cook

3.55 shouldn't be too bad. I am more in that range with the 3.73s.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:36 PM   #17
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

250 miles on the clock since install. I think the tone is a bit deeper as the baffles have expanded with heat. Not distinctive but I "feel" like there's a hair difference now.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:57 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I was leaning towards the Magnaflows, but, given the price of the Tridents, I think I will buys these instead. The sound clips make these sound really good and distinctive.
Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:16 PM   #19
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

I was semi settled on the Ford Racing Touring (aka Borla Touring) but at half again more, these were hard to pass on. Even taking price out of the equation, I'm still liking the Tridents. No regrets or second thoughts here.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:29 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
I was semi settled on the Ford Racing Touring (aka Borla Touring) but at half again more, these were hard to pass on. Even taking price out of the equation, I'm still liking the Tridents. No regrets or second thoughts here.
I'd say you made a good choice. Good video.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:16 PM   #21
Kevin.Cook

I am still waiting for a "driving around" sound clip.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:18 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Kevin, I don't really have a drive around, but I do have a fly by with them and my lt headers and xpipe if you want to hear that?
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:21 PM   #23
Kevin.Cook

I appreciate it but no thanks unless you want to post it for others on here. I mean, I will still listen to it. I don't have longtubes or an x pipe in either of my stangs so it won't give me the example I am looking for most likely.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:23 PM   #24

Thanks for the great video and review! Glad you are enjoying them!
Old 08-21-2015, 04:08 AM   #25
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Sorry Kevin et al, I've been slackn'. I'll get some drive by and take off vids this weekend. (Hopefully with install vid of a Roush hood scoop - pending paint shop.)
Old 08-21-2015, 05:35 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Kevin, I have these installed on my wife's car without headers or an x-pipe and about 500 miles on them. Not sure what you're looking for, however there is no loud noise or drone inside the cabin unless you really want to hear it. My wife's car is an auto. I'm sure with a manual you would hear it more as your shift points are probably at a higher RPM. Under normal driving, you can tell that it's not factory, but that's about it.
The overall sound outside the car is really nice and is one of the better sounding axle backs I've heard on a V6. If you want that loud crackling and popping exhaust, this isn't it. If you're looking for something that is a deep mellow sound but growls when you jump on it, this is for you. The looks of it are also killer. I highly recommend this setup.
Hope this helps.

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:44 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb427r View Post
Kevin, I have these installed on my wife's car without headers or an x-pipe and about 500 miles on them. Not sure what you're looking for, however there is no loud noise or drone inside the cabin unless you really want to hear it. My wife's car is an auto. I'm sure with a manual you would hear it more as your shift points are probably at a higher RPM. Under normal driving, you can tell that it's not factory, but that's about it.
The overall sound outside the car is really nice and is one of the better sounding axle backs I've heard on a V6. If you want that loud crackling and popping exhaust, this isn't it. If you're looking for something that is a deep mellow sound but growls when you jump on it, this is for you. The looks of it are also killer. I highly recommend this setup.
Hope this helps.
Ron, thanks! That sounds great. I agree with Kevin from the other thread. A sound clip with a fully stock vehicle would be best to show the basic difference from stock to Trident. Glad you and the wife are enjoying the exhaust!
Old 08-30-2015, 07:05 PM   #28
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Finally got time to do some videos with the Tridents with the car in motion. Moderate acceleration, easy pull off and cabin sounds. All videos posted here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgD...wMBzmSvRN7Ng_g
Old 08-30-2015, 07:12 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
sweet

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
Old 08-30-2015, 07:17 PM   #30
Kevin.Cook

Thanks for the videos. Almost sold.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:26 PM   #31
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

My video editor (my 14 YO) had trouble cutting them together and tonight is some kind of world championship Counterstrike something so you got the raw phone 'Kevin Cook wannabe' phone vids.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:33 PM   #32
Kevin.Cook

Haha did he go mia on you? Sounds like some sort of video game event or something.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:53 PM   #33
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Old 08-30-2015, 08:11 PM   #34
Kevin.Cook

I can hear your car when its close, but not from a decent distance away. So is it not loud? Like S-Types loud?
Old 08-30-2015, 08:27 PM   #35
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

I haven't heard the S-types in person but it is about like the Ford Racing Touring (Borla Touring) only deeper.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang