Stock vs tuned - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2015, 05:20 PM   #36
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
It would be best if you tuned with bolt ons but it isnt needed. And you can always mod later on. That is why places like Bama give free revisions. Cuz life happens!
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-12-2015, 05:24 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Topeka
Region: Kansas
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
A properly tuned 3.7 is a HUGE difference compared to a stock 3.7. As you stated "Not a big difference"! Rubbish sir. It is a huge difference. Being tuned is a different beast.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
In order to believe that I need to see a slip from running a quarter without a tune and a slip from running a quarter with one and no other changes. Until I see that I will hold onto my hard earned money. And both runs need to be done with the same octane fuel.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 05:50 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: 00
Region: Other
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
In order to believe that I need to see a slip from running a quarter without a tune and a slip from running a quarter with one and no other changes. Until I see that I will hold onto my hard earned money. And both runs need to be done with the same octane fuel.

I believe that the tunes work the best on automatic cars. I have a manual and with the advance trac off its performs great. I don't see a manual car getting a great boost from a tune in stock form until it's combined with a few mods, gears, headers, intake just my opinion though. I've never tuned my car but have had cai, shortie headers axle backs and alum driveshaft and it was pretty impressive on the stock tune. Hit the 113 limit pretty quick. A tuner is on my list if I decide to start modding my car again


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-12-2015, 08:57 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
In order to believe that I need to see a slip from running a quarter without a tune and a slip from running a quarter with one and no other changes. Until I see that I will hold onto my hard earned money. And both runs need to be done with the same octane fuel.
Out of curiosity, what do you believe would be a substantial enough difference to allow you to part with that money?
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:09 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
In order to believe that I need to see a slip from running a quarter without a tune and a slip from running a quarter with one and no other changes. Until I see that I will hold onto my hard earned money. And both runs need to be done with the same octane fuel.
Sir, I say this with all due respect and not come off like a jackass but I don't care what you believe about performance tunes. It makes no difference to me bud. I have been running performance tunes for my entire 5 years of owning my pony and bought my 2011 brand new.

I personally don't track race so I can't provide any time slips. Bottom line is that a properly tuned car will provide, more rwhp, rwtq and improve the cars acceleration and better throttle response. Not to mention us auto guys have insane perfect, firm shift points.

Plus one needs a tune if they plan to further performance mod. If you are currently not a believer and want to hold onto your hard earned money and not get a performance tune at this time, then don't. My guess is the members on here don't care if you tune or not.

With all that said, a properly tuned pony is a night and day difference from a non tuned pony. That's a fact!

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:55 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Sir, I say this with all due respect and not come off like a jackass but I don't care what you believe about performance tunes. It makes no difference to me bud. I have been running performance tunes for my entire 5 years of owning my pony and bought my 2011 brand new.

I personally don't track race so I can't provide any time slips. Bottom line is that a properly tuned car will provide, more rwhp, rwtq and improve the cars acceleration and better throttle response. Not to mention us auto guys have insane perfect, firm shift points.

Plus one needs a tune if they plan to further performance mod. If you are currently not a believer and want to hold onto your hard earned money and not get a performance tune at this time, then don't. My guess is the members on here don't care if you tune or not.

With all that said, a properly tuned pony is a night and day difference from a non tuned pony. That's a fact!

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
This ^^ it is definitely night and day compared to stock tune. I'm almost got in trouble with it here's my story I hate the stock tune so much with all its sluggishness when it was time for state inspection that I only drove my stock tune from home to the inspection site and I failed, I couldn't even wait a couple of days with my stock cos it's horrible but I have no choice I drove it for 2 days rack up some miles drove back to the shop and passed it but it was the most horrible driving, it's not fun at all. When the guy pulled out, I put it back to my tune right away and it's all smile from there...

At least I only have to do it once a year.. Just my 2 cents... At that time I have the 93 Oct. Gas with my stock and my Mpt tune.

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:44 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
This ^^ it is definitely night and day compared to stock tune. I'm almost got in trouble with it here's my story I hate the stock tune so much with all its sluggishness when it was time for state inspection that I only drove my stock tune from home to the inspection site and I failed, I couldn't even wait a couple of days with my stock cos it's horrible but I have no choice I drove it for 2 days rack up some miles drove back to the shop and passed it but it was the most horrible driving, it's not fun at all. When the guy pulled out, I put it back to my tune right away and it's all smile from there...

At least I only have to do it once a year.. Just my 2 cents... At that time I have the 93 Oct. Gas with my stock and my Mpt tune.

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘

What? You failed inspection because of your car being tuned? That's news to me.


Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:42 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
What? You failed inspection because of your car being tuned? That's news to me.


Instagram: @v6beast
Yes cos the tune turned off your back o2 sensor specially with the race tune which I have.. Once you turn it back to stock drive it for 50 miles or so to make it ready and pass it for obd2 readiness..

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:47 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Yes cos the tune turned off your back o2 sensor specially with the race tune which I have.. Once you turn it back to stock drive it for 50 miles or so to make it ready and pass it for obd2 readiness..

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘

Mine passed fine with the race tune.


Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Mine passed fine with the race tune.


Instagram: @v6beast
Nice... I envy you.. I guess mass inspection are just being strict..

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Topeka
Region: Kansas
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Out of curiosity, what do you believe would be a substantial enough difference to allow you to part with that money?
A full second consistently.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:04 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
A full second consistently.

You want a full second from $360? Found the troll


Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:20 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: LasVegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 78
[QUOTE=DiESeven;2291764]You want a full second from $360? Found the troll


Amen brother.
Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
A full second consistently.
Yeah okay bud. SMH!,
You clearly don't know crap about the 3.7 mustang or performance mods on it. Try doing an antenna delete if you want a full second off. Much more cost effective mod.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:01 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
A full second consistently.
I think that would take an additional 75 to 80 HP. Forget it! (FI or GT)
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:32 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Topeka
Region: Kansas
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Yeah okay bud. SMH!,
You clearly don't know crap about the 3.7 mustang or performance mods on it. Try doing an antenna delete if you want a full second off. Much more cost effective mod.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
Actually I do know crap about the 3.7 Mustang and performance mods. I don't believe a tune alone increases horse power significantly. I don't believe a tune alone will show you anything in a quarter mile run. So far I haven't seen any slips to tell me any different than that. I can think of better places to spend $380. When you show me a tune alone will increase your quarter mile time by a second or close to it then I will concede that the tune is worth $380. Less than that might just be one day was better than another for running. Or that you drove better one time than the other. A full second would tell me a tune alone is effective. OR show me what a tune does on a dyno.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
Actually I do know crap about the 3.7 Mustang and performance mods. I don't believe a tune alone increases horse power significantly. I don't believe a tune alone will show you anything in a quarter mile run. So far I haven't seen any slips to tell me any different than that. I can think of better places to spend $380. When you show me a tune alone will increase your quarter mile time by a second or close to it then I will concede that the tune is worth $380. Less than that might just be one day was better than another for running. Or that you drove better one time than the other. A full second would tell me a tune alone is effective. OR show me what a tune does on a dyno.
Obviously you don't. It's easy to say you do, show proof that you do. You haven't. It's proven that just a tune increases HP and torque a decent amount, and better driveability, with much better shift points in the auto. A tune will probably cut off 0.1 maybe 0.2 consistently if your a good driver.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 03:16 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
Actually I do know crap about the 3.7 Mustang and performance mods. I don't believe a tune alone increases horse power significantly. I don't believe a tune alone will show you anything in a quarter mile run. So far I haven't seen any slips to tell me any different than that. I can think of better places to spend $380. When you show me a tune alone will increase your quarter mile time by a second or close to it then I will concede that the tune is worth $380. Less than that might just be one day was better than another for running. Or that you drove better one time than the other. A full second would tell me a tune alone is effective. OR show me what a tune does on a dyno.
SMH. Can I get a troll clean up in isle 9. Again, we don't care if you don't believe. Again, we don't care if you get a tune or not.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 03:41 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
This has nothing to due with the 3.7 but it's for reference on what a tune and simple boltons can do for hp.

Stock -377hp/ 348tq
Off-road x, tune and a CAI if you want to count that - 401hp/ 383tq

There is a lot more to a tune then just a HP #. Should be one of the first mods done in hand with suspension and a good set of tires.


🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:03 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Topeka
Region: Kansas
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
This has nothing to due with the 3.7 but it's for reference on what a tune and simple boltons can do for hp.

Stock -377hp/ 348tq
Off-road x, tune and a CAI if you want to count that - 401hp/ 383tq

There is a lot more to a tune then just a HP #. Should be one of the first mods done in hand with suspension and a good set of tires.


and fed coyote.
Thank you for an intelligent and civil reply. Here is the reason for my skepticism, our engines have knock sensors and variable timing, when I put a higher octane fuel into my car the knock sensors tell the computer I am pre igniting. The computer then advances the timing to bring ignition to top dead center. This increases HP by 7 to 12 horses. What does a tuner do to go beyond that? If I should install headers, for example, which will increase air intake by allowing my engine to breath better, then a tune becomes necessary to optimize that process and makes sense to me. When someone puts 93 octane in thier car it automatically tunes to that octane what more is the 93 octane racing tune doing?
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:19 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
A tune on a stock car can do a few different things.
The power is made with playing with the cam timing on these cars. It lets you move the powerband.
And you can get pretty aggressive with the timing as the only was to due this is on a dyno or through data logging. Also lets you remove rev limiter and speed limiters.
Auto you can adjust the shift points.

The main thing is playing with the cam timing though. Some amazing stuff can be done with this once you see how many different timing tables ect. Are on these cars.

For instance the best way to tell if you have a good tuner on the coyotes for example is, put a boss intake on the car and bring it so whatever shop. Once they are done look at the graph of power starts dropping at the 6,800 mark, then they have no clue what they are doing. And they did not touch the cam timing.



🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:20 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Obviously you don't. It's easy to say you do, show proof that you do. You haven't. It's proven that just a tune increases HP and torque a decent amount, and better driveability, with much better shift points in the auto. A tune will probably cut off 0.1 maybe 0.2 consistently if your a good driver.

1 to 2 tenths in the 1/4 really isn't that much of a difference. If that's fact, the OP probably wouldn't pop just to pick that up. The same untuned car could actually vary by that much at a given track without changing anything based on how long they were down there. Starting out during the day when the weather is warmer and then running into the evening when it cools down, time between runs, etc. I am also leaving the driver out of the equation.


2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:41 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Topeka
Region: Kansas
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
1 to 2 tenths in the 1/4 really isn't that much of a difference. If that's fact, the OP probably wouldn't pop just to pick that up. The same untuned car could actually vary by that much at a given track without changing anything based on how long they were down there. Starting out during the day when the weather is warmer and then running into the evening when it cools down, time between runs, etc. I am also leaving the driver out of the equation.


2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
This is why I chose a second. A friend of mine dropped a turbocharged LS4 into an old Datsun 280 Z. He was at the same test and tune I ran my car in. His first run he hit 10.8. His 3rd pass he hit 10.3. That is half a second, same day, nothing done to the car. But the temperature had dropped a few degrees. This is why I would need to see more than half a second to quantify what the tune has done. I understand it changes shift strategy, but if I use manual shift mode would that even matter?

We have an incredible drag racing facility where I live and I have a lot of friends who are into doing major performance mods. They are all telling me not to mess with a tuner unless I start doing bolt on mods.

Rapinator's replies make a lot of sense. Removing limiters etc. At this time I have no need or desire to go over 113 MPH. I can see how bumping into the red line could improve my quarter mile. But the damn transmission hesitates so long after I hit the button I would be afraid to try it.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:18 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
The select shift in the auto is a novelty more than anything. Slow and sloppy shifts.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
A tune on a stock car can do a few different things.
The power is made with playing with the cam timing on these cars. It lets you move the powerband.
And you can get pretty aggressive with the timing as the only was to due this is on a dyno or through data logging. Also lets you remove rev limiter and speed limiters.
Auto you can adjust the shift points.

The main thing is playing with the cam timing though. Some amazing stuff can be done with this once you see how many different timing tables ect. Are on these cars.

For instance the best way to tell if you have a good tuner on the coyotes for example is, put a boss intake on the car and bring it so whatever shop. Once they are done look at the graph of power starts dropping at the 6,800 mark, then they have no clue what they are doing. And they did not touch the cam timing.



🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rap, if my car has a super shiney paint finish on it, will it run faster times than say a less shiney finish. Say I use a super good wax, will my pony cut through the air quicker than say a less quality wax?

If I pour a bottle of NOS energy drink into my fuel tank will I get a octane fuel level of a fighter jet plane? 😆

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:41 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
parkerz28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 321
I always double fist nos and full throttle energy drinks 😘


Sent from Rapinators trunk
parkerz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:10 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerz28 View Post
I always double fist nos and full throttle energy drinks 😘


Sent from Rapinators trunk
Ha ha ha

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:02 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Topeka
Region: Kansas
Posts: 179
https://youtu.be/WdvDHHaxTu4

This tells me what I want to know. 3/4 of a second.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:25 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
https://youtu.be/WdvDHHaxTu4

This tells me what I want to know. 3/4 of a second.
Like we been saying, A tuned car makes a difference and makes it faster over it being non tuned. So glad I spent the $380 for it. Well worth it.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #65
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I wouldnt take it back either. That, 3.73s, and some headers really made the car fun.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:33 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I wouldnt take it back either. That, 3.73s, and some headers really made the car fun.
Yes sir. Totally agree

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:15 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
Actually I do know crap about the 3.7 Mustang and performance mods. I don't believe a tune alone increases horse power significantly. I don't believe a tune alone will show you anything in a quarter mile run. So far I haven't seen any slips to tell me any different than that. I can think of better places to spend $380. When you show me a tune alone will increase your quarter mile time by a second or close to it then I will concede that the tune is worth $380. Less than that might just be one day was better than another for running. Or that you drove better one time than the other. A full second would tell me a tune alone is effective. OR show me what a tune does on a dyno.
First off, you were looking at it incorrectly. You felt a full second or close to it would be required because you felt the possible fluctuations could account for some of it. The possible track/weather/driving fluctuations has nothing to do with the net gain from the tune.
That difference in the video was about 1/2 sec, not 3/4. That's consistent with about a 30 HP gain(if calculated out).
Lastly, not that I don't believe it, because I do, but you have to take info coming from the people that are selling the product, with a grain of salt.
So what tune are you getting?
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:51 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
First off, you were looking at it incorrectly. You felt a full second or close to it would be required because you felt the possible fluctuations could account for some of it. The possible track/weather/driving fluctuations has nothing to do with the net gain from the tune.
That difference in the video was about 1/2 sec, not 3/4. That's consistent with about a 30 HP gain(if calculated out).
Lastly, not that I don't believe it, because I do, but you have to take info coming from the people that are selling the product, with a grain of salt.
So what tune are you getting?
The whole thing was just troll posts by him. That guy doesn't know crap about the 3.7. Anyone that is familiar with the 3.7 would of known about that 5 year old you tube video from AM. Its a fact that a proper performance tune will provide higher levels of performance and power over the factory tune.

The facts are the stock tune by Ford is watered down and a lot is left on the table to unlock. Now, if this guy feels that $380 dollars is not worth the gains of a good tune, then don't get one. If the dude wants more than a second off his 1/4 mile time, he is gonna spend more than $ 380 and gonna need a few more mods than a tune.

Just looking for the 1/4 mile time is not the whole picture of the tune. Its the driveability and enjoyment factor of the car gets when its properly tuned. A properly tuned automatic is wicked fun.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:09 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
RaceRed3.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Tulsa
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus3.7 View Post
Noticeably faster, you shoulder get basic bolt ons before you tune
I'd do tune first
__________________
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tuned vs un-tuned shorty headers 001Gt 1996-2004 Mustang GT 25 03-30-2015 05:07 PM
Stock/tuned dyno on a 2011 GT Compstall General Mustang Discussion 33 02-17-2014 06:55 PM
What is faster a tuned 5.0 or a tuned M3? GE3G General Mustang Discussion 12 11-06-2012 09:21 AM
stock gt's that have been tuned ONLY! scottiep101 1996-2004 Mustang GT 14 04-27-2012 12:44 PM
Un-tuned vs. Tuned AlexJ Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 24 12-07-2007 12:29 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:46 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.