Question about tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-08-2015, 06:59 PM   #1
Kevin.Cook

Question about tuner

Is it possible to load the stock tune and update the gears? Or do you have to have a custom tune loaded? Because it doesnt look like you can edit any settings when the stock tune is loaded

I am trying to get my tuner to the unmarried status but....those 3.73s tho....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2015, 07:07 PM   #2
Kevin.Cook

Nvm. Just loaded the stock tune and took it for a spin. Only like 5-7 mph off. Shows i am going 20 even though i am going around 13-15 mph. So i guess i wont get any tickets. Lol.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
it gets worse the faster you go, its a percentage. Our 3.73s showed like over 100 on the freeway before the new tune was flashed.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2015, 10:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Your Ford dealer can make the adjustment if you have no other alternative.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:23 PM   #5
Kevin.Cook

Ok. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

I guess i can load the tune till the car is traded...
Old 08-09-2015, 01:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Thought the dealer can only adjust up to 3:31s. If the speedo if off it will add extra mileage on your odometer
Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:34 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Ok. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

I guess i can load the tune till the car is traded...
Your trading??

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:50 AM   #8
Kevin.Cook

I got approved for a 2015 5.0......FINALLY. But I need to wait until next month before I will have enough money for the down payment. Dealership was pretty impressed with my car. Lol. They were surprised it was a V6.

It seems now that the 2016s will be coming out, the 2014s depreciated even more. Last month my car was worth 18k trade-in. Now it is only worth 15k. :/ So that makes me need a down payment since that leaves me 3K more upside down then I planned.

Side note - The Base 13/14 Grille with the Chrome Ring CAN be just pulled out without having to remove the bumper cover.

So I am parting out, but only locally.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:56 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got approved for a 2015 5.0......FINALLY. But I need to wait until next month before I will have enough money for the down payment. Dealership was pretty impressed with my car. Lol. They were surprised it was a V6.
Wow, congrats!! I was originally going to go with a Pro charger, but for the amount I'd have to fork out for it, and the supporting mods, it just made more sense to trade up to a 5.0 and start building on that. Those were the words of my wife, and saying goes happy wife happy life lol.

Sent from LG G3.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:59 AM   #10
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Wow, congrats!! I was originally going to go with a Pro charger, but for the amount I'd have to fork out for it, and the supporting mods, it just made more sense to trade up to a 5.0 and start building on that. Those were the words of my wife, and saying goes happy wife happy life lol.

Sent from LG G3.
Exactly. After visiting the track and seeing the reality for myself of how a bolt-on V6 vs a 5.0, dropping even more money in to it seems pointless.

So I did finally get to drive some 5.0s this weekend. I drove 1 Auto with 3.55s. Was extremely unimpressed. It felt really slow and handled like a boat.

Then I drove a 2015 manual transmission with the Track Pack. The 6 piston Brembos were amazing. It took corners very well. And it accelerated really nice. I miss driving a manual very much. Plus it was my favorite color of the 2015s - competition orange. So I was extremely sad to not be able to get it right away. They actually just rolled it off a truck for me to test drive because it was the only Orange one they had. It had 4 miles on it
Old 08-09-2015, 09:01 AM   #11
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Quote:

So I am parting out, but only locally.
Congrats on the pending 15' brother. So you're parting out huh? Whatcha got?
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:04 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Exactly. After visiting the track and seeing the reality for myself of how a bolt-on V6 vs a 5.0, dropping even more money in to it seems pointless.

So I did finally get to drive some 5.0s this weekend. I drove 1 Auto with 3.55s. Was extremely unimpressed. It felt really slow and handled like a boat.

Then I drove a 2015 manual transmission with the Track Pack. The 6 piston Brembos were amazing. It took corners very well. And it accelerated really nice. I miss driving a manual very much.
The auto's really benefit from a tune, they are so laggy from the factory. I noticed this as well as this is what I test drove first.
So your going manual with track pack?

Sent from LG G3.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:05 AM   #13
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Congrats on the pending 15' brother. So you're parting out huh? Whatcha got?
MGP Black Caliper covers (Front and Back)
Borla S-Types (Have to swap person for stock mufflers)
Driveshaft (Have to swap person for stock driveshaft)
JLT Catch Can
BBK 73 MM TB
Airaid Modular Intake Tube
aFe Pro Drop-in Filter - (Swap person for stock filter)
NGK Cold Spark Plugs w/ Manifold Gasket
SCT X4 married tuner
DOT Racing Helmet (Black)
13/14 Pony Package Grille
Pony Package Fender Badges

Could possibly even trade hoods and sell the side scoops and window louvers. Also would be willing to swap someone for stock exhaust manifolds and cash but I dont want to mess with those.

But like I said, I am not really wanting to ship and such. Because I need to make money and not spend it on shipping costs. Plus the big things like the Driveshaft and Borlas, I need to swap with someone for their stock parts locally.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:08 AM   #14
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
The auto's really benefit from a tune, they are so laggy from the factory. I noticed this as well as this is what I test drove first.
So your going manual with track pack?

Sent from LG G3.
Yea that is the only way I will settle on a 2015 I told the Dealerships. I DO NOT want another Auto.

They asked if I wanted a V6 or Ecoboost Eventually made them realized I only wanted a 5.0.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:18 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
MGP Black Caliper covers (Front and Back)

Borla S-Types (Have to swap person for stock mufflers)

Driveshaft (Have to swap person for stock driveshaft)

JLT Catch Can

BBK 73 MM TB

Airaid Modular Intake Tube

aFe Pro Drop-in Filter - (Swap person for stock filter)

NGK Cold Spark Plugs w/ Manifold Gasket

SCT X4 married tuner

DOT Racing Helmet (Black)

13/14 Pony Package Grille

Pony Package Fender Badges

Could possibly even trade hoods and sell the side scoops and window louvers. Also would be willing to swap someone for stock exhaust manifolds and cash but I dont want to mess with those.

But like I said, I am not really wanting to ship and such. Because I need to make money and not spend it on shipping costs. Plus the big things like the Driveshaft and Borlas, I need to swap with someone for their stock parts locally.

I'll straight trade my stock mufflers for your borlas same with the driveshaft!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:21 AM   #16
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
I'll straight trade my stock mufflers for your borlas same with the driveshaft!

Lol nah man. There is cash needed on top of that. But I didn't want to post prices in here since this is not the classified. Plus I don't want to deal with shipping and stuff. I always have to burn up my PTO to make it to UPS in time where I live. Because I work too late.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:53 AM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Question about tuner

Kevin.cook, WHY would you decide to do this after paying basically tax and interest on your 14 and dropping God knows what into that car that you are just going to flush?

You realize the dealer doesn't care you have spent a dime on the car in aftermarket stuff right?

In fact they will most likely want to give you less being most people don't want a car they have no clue what quality workmanship went into parts ect.

So now you've bought new wheels (wasted money), gears (wasted money), all your premium junk (wasted money), brakes (wasted money), headers (wasted money). You really do know how to waste it dude.

If you really must have a new 5.0 (and I get the draw), you need to sell your car private party. Trading it in is thee dumbest thing I've ever heard. You are going to pay an extra 3k just to do the trade (wasted money)? Plus the minute you drive your 15 off the lot it will depreciate 3k (wasted money) and you will pay tax and licensing again (wasted money).

Picking up what I'm putting down?

Sorry I'm not like everyone else congratulating you on wasting money.

.02 (probably just wasted that .02 myself because I'm sure you won't listen)
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:18 AM   #18
Kevin.Cook

I appreciate your input. I will say that they valued it as a Premium since it had almost everything a Premium has. So that helped just a tad. But not a lot. They did take some of the cosmetics in to consideration (things they sell out of their catalog). But as you mentioned, none of the performance stuff was considered. Which I expect.

and I do understand your tough love/advice.

Although i did get pre-approved, i'm not even 100% that any dealer will be able to work the numbers to what my bank is looking for anyways.

And it doesnt have to be a 2015. But they did say the rebates help a little with offsetting depreciation.

Either way, i wouldnt know anything anyways till later this week.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:53 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
+1 on what oxford said as soon as you roll that baby off the lot your losing money plus as far as selling off your parts i had a 09 v6 that i had some money into it as far as parts go took them off before i traded it in took a big loss on them still have the sway bars i can't rid of .What you might want to think about is waiting till some used 2015 hit the car lots then go for used you"ll save some serious money that way. Beside you have a sweet car now with some nice mods on it And we don't want you jumping ship to the 2015 gt forum .
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Well Kevin I'm sure you are quite aware of the $$ and aspect of the transition you are contemplating. And I can appreciate you wanting to get into a 5.0 sooner rather than later. If you can do it, I say good for you and wish you the very best of luck.
Just don't leave the V6 forum if you know what's good for you.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #21
Kevin.Cook

Yea. I am probably going to hold off for now. I know someone who is trying to get rid of a 2014 V6 Manual Trans. So I am going to see if the bank will pick it up. They already said ok to a 2010 V6 before with like 60k miles, but I didn't move on it because 2010s are a waste. And that was with me already having the 2014 V6. So it seems I can carry 2 V6s on my credit find but have to fork over my kidney for a 5.0. Lol.

So hopefully my bank can extend the same offer because the 2014 Manual is going for a good price so the payments would be really low. Plus the 2014 has 18k miles vs that 2010 that had 60k.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:42 PM   #22
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Have you checked Ford credit? My bank couldn't touch Ford on a used rate. (Small credit union that has fixed rates based on model year and amount). I know new rates from Ford can be 1.9% to 0.0% for 60mo.

Last time I was at the dealer I was tempted by a white 5.0 '15. Only downside was the red interior, and I just couldn't do a red/white car (Auburn fan thing). Now if they had a Guard Green track pack with the saddle interior, I might really be in trouble...

Sent from my #racecar

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:13 AM   #23
Kevin.Cook

Yea I tried. Was a no-go.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:04 AM   #24
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
don't forget where you came from.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:25 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
Your Ford dealer can make the adjustment if you have no other alternative.
They can play with the tire size and get it close to 3.55's but still not exact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkins View Post
Thought the dealer can only adjust up to 3:31s. If the speedo if off it will add extra mileage on your odometer
You are correct, the dealer can only do up 3.31's on the V6.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:34 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
They can play with the tire size and get it close to 3.55's but still not exact.

You are correct, the dealer can only do up 3.31's on the V6.
They could do 3.55 if they wanted to. After all that's an available option in the 2015 V6's.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:02 PM   #27
Kevin.Cook

I was going to buy a guy's manual V6 off him and give my wife my Auto. Had the $15,000 check being wrote out to me, dude flakes. Anyone wanna sell their manual for 15k? lol jk.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:08 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was going to buy a guy's manual V6 off him and give my wife my Auto. Had the $15,000 check being wrote out to me, dude flakes. Anyone wanna sell their manual for 15k? lol jk.

Why don't you just do a tranny swap so you have the car exactly like you want it.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:13 PM   #29
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Why don't you just do a tranny swap so you have the car exactly like you want it.

I thought about that also. But I called around today and NO ONE knows how to do one on these cars or what all is needed. Sounds like this type of project has never been attempted on these 3.7s.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:15 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I thought about that also. But I called around today and NO ONE knows how to do one on these cars or what all is needed. Sounds like this type of project has never been attempted on these 3.7s.

Time to call voltwings(spelling?)! I know some people on the east coast that can do them.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:22 PM   #31
Kevin.Cook

I messaged him but he is probably busy with other things. Idk where you would even buy reliable parts for this.

For the price Ford wants for some of the parts, I might as well finance another car.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:31 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I messaged him but he is probably busy with other things. Idk where you would even buy reliable parts for this.

For the price Ford wants for some of the parts, I might as well finance another car.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-works-PERFECT

Worth a shot to see if he still has it.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:37 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
There is a detailed write up on the auto to mt82 swap in a v6 on another forum. I'd link it but don't want to step on any toes.

If you google "6R80 auto to mt-82 manual " it's the top result.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:09 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Question about tuner

http://www.fastfordmuscle.com/index....ect-completed/

Same as swapping auto to manual on an older hot rod. Only difference really is that ford actually uses a lot of similar parts now so you'll have less to buy. And you have to swap out pcm and have it flashed to your car. Not big deal and all the work can be done in 8 hours if you have done it before. As far as the programming of PCm I'm not sure. Probably less than 2-3hrs. Never done one but I imagine it's fairly easy for a ford tech to do this.

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:13 AM   #35
Kevin.Cook

I actually might have a friend looking to sell his 2011 Manual V6 off for dirt cheap. So this might be cheaper/more reasonable then a transmission swap. He is looking to get $5000-$6000. It is a 2011 V6 Manual with PP, Backup Camera, and it is a Premium. Has window louvers on it. That is about the only mod. My bank wants to jump all over that because it is a steal. So I am gonna go test drive it and see how it runs. Has about 100k miles on it.

Then the grey one will become my wife's and I will be free to mod my own car. And we can roll in style together

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang