New member of the cyclone family - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2015, 03:23 PM   #141
Kevin.Cook

Well, the front fenders were not painted. So I should be ok to put the fender badges on right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2015, 03:35 PM   #142
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Yeah
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:05 PM   #143
Kevin.Cook

So I was able to do a few more things to the Stang today....

Added Hood Struts
Added Airaid Modular Intake Tube
Installed my set of ZXE headlight bulbs
Added Tri-Bar Fender Badges
And bled the brake system (Took a couple of hours and ate up most of my time tonight)

Clutch feels fine now as well as the brake pedal. Old brake fluid was really dark amber. And yes, I did press the clutch like 150-200 times.

Will be doing more to the car Saturday when I can get it on a lift.

Was a blast driving it again today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2015, 10:18 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Dude quit making us ask for pics!
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:01 AM   #145
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
Dude quit making us ask for pics!
LOL. Well the only cosmetics it has right now is the Window Louvers - which everyone has seen, and the Fender Badges.

The car is starting to look nasty since I can't give it a good washing.

I did add some Royal Purple fuel system cleaner to the tank last night and topped it off with 93 gas to prepare it for the tune.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:26 AM   #146
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
Ah, I was asking because if you went all new I would hope you would go with a unique color. But yes, looks damn good from the pics. Love the hood.
I would have if the whole car was repainted. The colors I would be torn between would be:

Race Red
Competition Orange
Oxford White

I LOVE the 2015/16 Competition Orange GTs w/ the Performance Package. Those things are a beauty.

I also really like the 13/14 GT/CS in Oxford White. That would be my runner up Mustang.

And Lastly a 2011/12 Race Red GT is my 3rd place fav.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:45 AM   #147
Kevin.Cook

Oh and i forgot. I added the rear splash guards also.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1444315519.571747.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	192063
Old 10-08-2015, 09:59 AM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I would have if the whole car was repainted. The colors I would be torn between would be:

Race Red
Competition Orange
Oxford White

I LOVE the 2015/16 Competition Orange GTs w/ the Performance Package. Those things are a beauty.

I also really like the 13/14 GT/CS in Oxford White. That would be my runner up Mustang.

And Lastly a 2011/12 Race Red GT is my 3rd place fav.

Orange with silver stripes would be awesome.
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:10 PM   #149
Kevin.Cook

So yesterday was tiring. Changed the rotors and brakes all around. Drained and refilled the differential. Changed the oil. Added the barton shift bracket and Steeda bushing. Installed the Trident Motorsports Axlebacks. Then finally loaded the 93 tune from MPT.

I was unable to drain and refill the transmission. The drain plug Allan wrench hole got messed up. So I will have to take it some place local and have them do it and replace the plug.

When my car was in the air, I noticed the rear lower control arms were Silver. The stock ones on my 2014 were black. Is this right for the 2011 V6s? I know the Ford Racing ones are Silver. So I was just curious if I actually got something decent on the car for a change.

I don't notice a ton of difference with the shifter bracket and bushing.

One thing I do notice between the 2011 and 2014 is the engine bay area on the 2011 is louder. Is that due to the manual trans or something?
Old 10-11-2015, 06:20 PM   #150
Kevin.Cook

Also when I was at my wife's uncles, he gave me the Ford VCM II tool back. He said he had no use for it afterall. Lol
Old 10-11-2015, 09:06 PM   #151
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Also when I was at my wife's uncles, he gave me the Ford VCM II tool back. He said he had no use for it afterall. Lol

So you are sending it my way?
Old 10-11-2015, 09:34 PM   #152
Kevin.Cook

Lol you can use it all you want when you visit Cedar Park, TX.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:38 PM   #153
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Lol you can use it all you want when you visit Cedar Park, TX.

Boo
Old 10-11-2015, 09:45 PM   #154
Kevin.Cook

I had to buy a new obdii cable for it because the original one got messed up. Took a while to find one of those 26 pin female connector to obdii connector cables.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:54 PM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
So yesterday was tiring. Changed the rotors and brakes all around. Drained and refilled the differential. Changed the oil. Added the barton shift bracket and Steeda bushing. Installed the Trident Motorsports Axlebacks. Then finally loaded the 93 tune from MPT.

I was unable to drain and refill the transmission. The drain plug Allan wrench hole got messed up. So I will have to take it some place local and have them do it and replace the plug.

When my car was in the air, I noticed the rear lower control arms were Silver. The stock ones on my 2014 were black. Is this right for the 2011 V6s? I know the Ford Racing ones are Silver. So I was just curious if I actually got something decent on the car for a change.

I don't notice a ton of difference with the shifter bracket and bushing.

One thing I do notice between the 2011 and 2014 is the engine bay area on the 2011 is louder. Is that due to the manual trans or something?
You did luck out with those rear control arms, those are most likely the Ford Racing ones like they use on GT500's. I put a pair of them on my car and no more wheel hop and the handling is improved. The best part is no added noise. You will like them.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:37 AM   #156
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguanaman3 View Post
You did luck out with those rear control arms, those are most likely the Ford Racing ones like they use on GT500's. I put a pair of them on my car and no more wheel hop and the handling is improved. The best part is no added noise. You will like them.
Well that is good to know. Because I took my set of stock ones from my 2014 since they are almost brand new and was going to put those on in case the bushings on the ones the 2011 had were trashed. But after cleaning the dirt off of the ones the 2011 had, I noticed they were silver.

When I viewed the Ford Racing ones on AM's site, I noticed they were also Silver. So that is why I was curious.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:46 PM   #157
Kevin.Cook

So I couldn't do the Manual Trans fluid flush on my 2011 because the allan wrench hole on the drain plug was messed up. I am trying to find a replacement and can't find it anywhere. I checked Ford's part website and called my local dealership. Has anyone had to find a new one before?
Old 10-12-2015, 02:59 PM   #158
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
So I couldn't do the Manual Trans fluid flush on my 2011 because the allan wrench hole on the drain plug was messed up. I am trying to find a replacement and can't find it anywhere. I checked Ford's part website and called my local dealership. Has anyone had to find a new one before?

How was it messed up? You stripped it or it was before you got to it? It's just a 3/8 ratchet if I'm not mistaken.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:02 PM   #159
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
How was it messed up? You stripped it or it was before you got to it? It's just a 3/8 ratchet if I'm not mistaken.
Yea it was something like that but the hole you stick the tool in to twist it, looks like the previous person stuck something random in it and now it is like a jacked up circle

Fill plug is fine.

Like - the drain plug is in there and its not leaking or anything, but I have no way of twisting it out since the wrench hole is jacked up.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:08 PM   #160
Kevin.Cook

Here is an example of what I am talking about. This is NOT the actual plug. But just an idea of the area that is messed up. The hole in the plug where you put the tool in.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DRAINPLUG.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	192238  
Old 10-12-2015, 04:43 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Here is an example of what I am talking about. This is NOT the actual plug. But just an idea of the area that is messed up. The hole in the plug where you put the tool in.
If you can access the outer edge of the plug, to allow access of a shape chisel, you may be able to loosen it that way.
Otherwise a good fitting bolt extractor should work.(one that doesn't require a very deep hole for its insertion and grip.)
If not, you would have to drill it enough to allow an extractor to get a good bite on it.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:45 PM   #162
Kevin.Cook

I'm just gonna take it in and provide my fluid. Let someplace else deal with that noise. LOL
Old 10-18-2015, 08:22 AM   #163
Kevin.Cook

Hi peeps. Question - since the 2011 3.7 has 105k miles on it, should i switch engine oils from 5w20 to something a bit higher? Just curious.
Old 10-18-2015, 01:41 PM   #164
Kevin.Cook

So this weekend marks about the 1 month point since the car was repainted. Being the excited person I am, was going to install my side scoops for my 2011 Kona Blue Stang.

So I cleaned the areas where they were going to be installed. Then I went to grab the side scoops. Sadly, the colors didn't even match! The side scoops are a lot lighter then the blue on the car. I even held it to the panels on the car that were not repainted - same result with all of them. I even found another Kona Blue near where I live and parked next to it to make sure my car was painted the correct color - It was.

Since I cannot put pictures in PMs, I am going to sit these here and hopefully AM Alex can help me exchange these for some correctly painted ones.

Idk if these were painted Deep Impact Blue like the 2013 and 2014s? These are definitely NOT Kona Blue that the 2011-2012s are.

I had 1 other 2011 Kona Blue before and I know it wasn't that light. So maybe it was just painted incorrectly.

Alex - PM Sent
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AM Pic.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	192503   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0315.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	588.0 KB
ID:	192504  

Name:	IMG_0316.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	560.5 KB
ID:	192505   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0317.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	498.4 KB
ID:	192506  

Old 10-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #165
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Yeah the no picture in pms is kind of a pain. Sure Alex will get you squared away tomorrow though.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:04 PM   #166
Kevin.Cook

I'm sure. Hate putting this type of stuff up but there is no other way due to attachment limitations.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:15 PM   #167
Registered Member

Regular

New member of the cyclone family

I would just not put the side scoops on. Not a fan on the s197's.

And you gotta wait man! I'm telling you.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:52 PM   #168
Kevin.Cook

Well I will end up waiting till next weekend anyways. Which will give it just over a month.

Nvm. Just went back and read your post. 60 days. Well, at least get them exchanged for the correct ones in the meantime...
Old 10-19-2015, 08:39 AM   #169
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Alex - PM Sent
Yeesh - Received and replied Kevin, Sorry to see this.

I'll be honest I'm not even sure what blue this is or what it's close to.

I've got a new set being picked and inspected for you right now. I just want to make sure that we don't have an inventory issue.

Drop me a line if anything else pops up!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:41 AM   #170
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Yeesh - Received and replied Kevin, Sorry to see this.

I'll be honest I'm not even sure what blue this is or what it's close to.

I've got a new set being shipped out for your right now.

Drop me a line if anything else pops up!

Alex
Always a pleasure working with you. I want to say possibly Deep Impact Blue like the 13-14s? If not, I have no idea. It is fairly light colored. Lol

I think the Kona blue like my 2011 is slightly darker then the Deep Impact Blue.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:36 AM   #171
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
for the plug...I would try a std socket in it (drive it in with a light love tap from a hammer if you can) if that don't work try an easy out.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:41 PM   #172
Kevin.Cook

New member of the cyclone family

Alright everyone. Randomly I get some shaking in my steering wheel when driving.

Things I have done so far:

Got all 4 wheels balanced and rotated
4 wheel alignment
All new brake pads and rotors

Tires are almost new.

This car has 105k miles.

Would it need new front control arms or motor mounts?

And are these cars supposed to sound like i am driving a truck? Not talking about exhaust. Lol
Old 10-21-2015, 07:44 PM   #173
Registered Member

Regular

Sounds like the tires are crap. What are they?
Old 10-21-2015, 07:48 PM   #174
Kevin.Cook

Some sort of Fedaral General or something. Yea they are cheapies that the previous owner put on. Will eventually buy a new set. So would those really cause that?
Old 10-21-2015, 07:50 PM   #175
Registered Member

Regular

Yes. Crap tires make a crap load of noise and are hard to balance.

I just replaced my p zeros and it's like rolling on butter. You get used to the noise they make after a while. New tires are amazing. So quiet. Not p zeros

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang