New member of the cyclone family - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-27-2015, 07:52 AM   #211
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
I follow him on Instagram.
Gotcha. Well all I can do is give my best effort and call them soon. Explain to them the difference of color and what paint code needs to be used.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2015, 07:54 AM   #212
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
inside scoop?

well done.
You like that? LOL
Old 10-27-2015, 08:40 AM   #213
Kevin.Cook

I called AM's customer support. I explained the difference between the Blues for the 2011-2012 vs the 2013-2014. I also provided the paint code they needed to confirm the scoops were before sending them. So I have to send both incorrect sets back and then they will send me the correct set. Good thing I am in no rush.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2015, 08:42 AM   #214
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Hey Kevin.

I know this is a pretty old thread but I noticed you said this about the cost of putting a Manual Transmission in your 2914"
[QUOTE][ As I found Auto to be boring. I asked around and almost no one would do a transmission swap in Austin without charging an arm and a leg. So it was easier to just purchase a used 2011./QUOTE]

I'm glad you did not go for that because it would make driving the Stick pretty difficult with only one arm and one leg.

Ronnie
sorry, I just can't help myself some times
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:44 AM   #215
Kevin.Cook

[QUOTE=ronnie948;2306490]I know this is a pretty old thread but I noticed you said this about the cost of putting a Manual Transmission in your 2914"
Quote:
[As I found Auto to be boring. I asked around and almost no one would do a transmission swap in Austin without charging an arm and a leg. So it was easier to just purchase a used 2011./QUOTE]

I'm glad you did not go for that because it would make driving the Stick pretty difficult with only one arm and one leg.

Ronnie
sorry, I just can't help myself some times
Aww you got me!!!! Good one for catching that. LOL

Definitely need as many limbs as possible for driving manual.

Yea, Maybe Austin lacks Automotive talent. But all of the shops said they wouldn't even attempt this on the newer Mustangs. Idk how one would even warranty that type of work. Lol
Old 10-27-2015, 01:51 PM   #216
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
A piece of cake before the computer era

With the newer cars including the Mustangs you have the PCU that will be a huge problem for a shop to change Transmissions.
I don't thing any of them would really want to get into all of that.
I think you did the right thing getting the 2011.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:59 PM   #217
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
With the newer cars including the Mustangs you have the PCU that will be a huge problem for a shop to change Transmissions.
I don't thing any of them would really want to get into all of that.
I think you did the right thing getting the 2011.
Ronnie
I will be straight forward with this. When I had my last 2011, It was JUST like this one except didn't have the 3.31s. I let it go because I was envious of the exterior appearance of the 2013/2014. It was also my first Manual transmission car so at first I was not a fan of it. After having the 2014 for awhile, the excitement died out.

So looking at the 2011 again, it really isn't bad at all. I have actually grown to like it more then my 2014 in some ways. I now prefer Manual over Auto now. Regardless of traffic. I am no expert at driving a manual and will not be doing crazy races in it. But it is a blast to drive.

I will admit, it sucks that the previous owner didn't keep up with alot of the maintenance. But I will not be making that mistake. By next summer, I want to have almost ALL of the maintenance completed and the car just about where my 2014 is as far as mods.

I will admit, it is nice having both a manual and auto 3.7.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:39 PM   #218
Kevin.Cook

Well the 2 sets of incorrectly painted side scoops were sent back today. I noticed on the box they were marked as Kona Blue also. I HOPE no one else got the wrong color and put them on

Hoping 3rd time is the magic number...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1446071921.256165.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	192996
Old 10-30-2015, 05:09 PM   #219
Kevin.Cook

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1446242834.096062.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	193079

Should be installing all this tomorrow. Hoping it will improve the ride quality of the 2011. Will also get an alignment for it.

Figured out the rear LCAs were not Ford Racing ones. So I got a set of them and will be putting those on. Swapping out the rear springs just cuz. (They were free) Changing the tie rod ends. And the entire front strut assemblies.

Lastly, throwing on a new drive belt.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:22 PM   #220
Kevin.Cook

Install of all that was a success. Car rides smoother. No more crazy nose dives under braking.

Got an alignment scheduled tomorrow. Maintenance is almost done!
Old 10-31-2015, 03:23 PM   #221
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Lowering is something I find myself contemplating a lot

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 03:43 PM   #222
Kevin.Cook

Well I didn't lower. Those are brand new front strut assemblies and rear springs off a 2014 5.0. The guy removed them within 100 miles.

Since the 2011 3.7 came with the v6 Performance Package, I wanted to keep the same stuff on it.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:50 PM   #223
Registered Member

Regular

Bet it rides better now

Old 10-31-2015, 04:25 PM   #224
Kevin.Cook

Oh for sure. Smooth as butter. I am happy now. All new fluids, belts, brakes, suspension, tune up, wheels rotated and balanced, etc.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:27 PM   #225
Registered Member

Regular

Basically a brand new car! Was this the one with paint issues or is that the other one?

Old 10-31-2015, 04:51 PM   #226
Kevin.Cook

Nah it was this one. Still has some minor flaws but i am not gonna complain too much. It looks ok for the most part compared to how it did look.

Eventually I want to get a 1 piece driveshaft, shorty headers, new wheels and tires, short shifter, mmd decklid panel, caliper covers, pony package foglights, pony package grille, and better window tint.

Thats my to-do list for next year.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:54 PM   #227
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Throttle body and space..accel super coils also
jase33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:12 PM   #228
Registered Member

Regular

^ No.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:39 AM   #229
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Do those if you want to piss away money.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:46 AM   #230
Registered Member
Regular

Man Kevin what do you do for a living man!?!

Just kidding that's too personal, I envy that you can do all this but I am certain you work extremely hard to do so! I applaud you sir, excellent work ethics and good head on your shoulders!

Keep it up man - these cars will be considered classics one day and them being with you they'll be worth so money too!

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:08 AM   #231
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7Muscle View Post
Man Kevin what do you do for a living man!?!

Just kidding that's too personal, I envy that you can do all this but I am certain you work extremely hard to do so! I applaud you sir, excellent work ethics and good head on your shoulders!

Keep it up man - these cars will be considered classics one day and them being with you they'll be worth so money too!
Here is my story. I know everyone has their own. Some people don't like sharing theirs but I have no issues sharing mine. I prefer to give out my story to help those who might be struggling. To show them life will knock you down on your a**, but you gotta get back up and try harder.

I busted my hump to get where I am now. No hand outs. I am only 26. I had 0 help from my family. I got very ill with Ulcerative Colitis when I was 15. The school said not to come back until I found a treatment for what I had. Because I was losing so much blood, I was always tired and pale.

So I moved from Indiana to Texas because my real family never helped me through it. I had to get a few major surgeries to remove my Large Intestine as there is no cure for U.C.

When I finally recovered from my last surgery, my mom refused to help me re-enroll back into school. And being under 18, the local schools refused to allow me to enroll myself. I really wanted to go back.

I ended up getting my G.E.D. and drivers license on my own. Got married. Went to a small local college for their IT program because I didn't have alot of money to afford a University. I got my first IT job. Spent 2 years cranking out certification exams. Moved from San Antonio to Austin/Cedar Park. Where I found an extremely good job. and I did it all on my own.

Right now I have the following certifications:

Server 2012 MCSE: Server Infrastructure
Server 2012 MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure
Server 2012 MCSE: Private Cloud
Passed the first Windows 8 exam
Passed the first Windows 7 exam
CompTIA A+
CompTIA Network+
CompTIA Security+

That totals 14-15 exams I had to study really hard for an pass. Some of them it took 2 tries.

Now I have 2 new vehicles and 1 used one under my name. I was never close with my family and till today still do not talk to them. My only family is on my Wife's side.

I don't consider myself loaded or anything. I just work hard for the little bit I do have. I have spent the long days at work without a lunch break.

I have done everything from pulling cables to building servers. I paid my dues.

So I tend to laugh when my coworkers call in sick for the day due to a "headache" or "tummy ache". Because they don't know what it means to really hurt or be in need of anything.

The cool thing about when I was sick was, Riley Hospital in Indianapolis, IN had my give my story to the executive board of wal-mart. So that was pretty cool.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:13 AM   #232
Registered Member
Regular

Can't remember if you have louvers or not but this is all you if you don't, Kevster.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/MUSTANG-MMD-Mu...043?nav=SEARCH

Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:18 AM   #233
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Can't remember if you have louvers or not but this is all you if you don't, Kevster.

Mustang MMD Mustang Painted Quarter Window Louver Kona Blue Metallic 05 14 Al | eBay

I appreciate it! But yes, my 2011 came with those exact ones on it. LOL

I am more of a fan of the other ones, But they were included so I am gonna leave them.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:53 PM   #234
Registered Member
Regular

@Kevin
Wow man, we all have our own issues, huh? Thanks for your story man really helped me look at my own life!

Despite the medical problems - I pretty much grew up the same way. I have no family besides my wife and dogs. But to be honest that's all I need.

Only surgery I've had is a recent Hernia repair but nothing like what you had to go through. I've had plenty of kidney stones in my life but I thank my lucky stars that for the past 3-4 years I haven't had a kidney stone. I must be doing something right.

That's actually the type of career that I want. I am only good with Computers. I have been building computers since I was about 10. I am also 26, I don't have two stangs but I do own 2 vehicles which I got on my own with no help. Interest bit me in the *** but I needed a car.

Right now I am an Assistant Director of Security at a 2.5 million square foot High Rise Building Plaza with 4 buildings and a 5th one one the way (June 2017 completion).

Its a good job but nothing I want to do or see myself doing for the rest of my life. Plus $15/hr is just not cutting it anymore.

Again thanks for you story Kevin.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:59 PM   #235
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
@Kevin
Wow man, we all have our own issues, huh? Thanks for your story man really helped me look at my own life!

Despite the medical problems - I pretty much grew up the same way. I have no family besides my wife and dogs. But to be honest that's all I need.

Only surgery I've had is a recent Hernia repair but nothing like what you had to go through. I've had plenty of kidney stones in my life but I thank my lucky stars that for the past 3-4 years I haven't had a kidney stone. I must be doing something right.

That's actually the type of career that I want. I am only good with Computers. I have been building computers since I was about 10. I am also 26, I don't have two stangs but I do own 2 vehicles which I got on my own with no help. Interest bit me in the *** but I needed a car.

Right now I am an Assistant Director of Security at a 2.5 million square foot High Rise Building Plaza with 4 buildings and a 5th one one the way (June 2017 completion).

Its a good job but nothing I want to do or see myself doing for the rest of my life. Plus $15/hr is just not cutting it anymore.

Not a problem. IT is always a thankless job. You only exist in the event something needs fixed. In the Texas area sometimes you can get decent pay for IT jobs. I heard in other states, it is hard to negotiate a good salary or even get a job.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:39 PM   #236
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I've got a buddy who has been trying for the past 6 years to get a job with Apple (he's an apple freak....eh) and he actually went to college and everything but still there are no jobs that are willing to pay him a decent salary.

Now he is stuck with making YouTube/AD Videos for companies. Keeps food on the plates but he isn't getting rich or even wealthy off of it.

I guess we all have our own destiny's laid out, its just a matter of time when we get our "big breaks"....

Old 11-04-2015, 01:40 PM   #237
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
@Kevin

I just reread this. $15 an hour?! How do you live?!?! I remember when I used to make that. Now I make more then double that. Surprised I am still hourly. Making that high of a rate then getting OT....cha-ching!!! Hard work certainly pays off.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:47 PM   #238
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I know man. I work myself to the bone everyday and my wife as well. Shes a Veterinarian technician but only makes $13.50/hr....Been there for 6 years and they still treat her like dirt.

I actually dont make $15 but $14.75....I tried the Air Force for 2 years and was told no from every recruiter I came across (I am too big they say....5'9" @ 200lbs) I did try to lose weight got down to 188 and they still wouldnt take me in. So I gave up and worked on the only certification I have - Security.

But that's awesome to hear man, especially the type of life you grew up in - you more than deserve the pay you have now. Yes the computer industry is very "ungrateful" type of position but in the end its rewarding when you see your check in the bank and all the MODS!

Now my wife wants to join the Navy.....oh joy....

Old 11-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #239
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Yea I know man. I work myself to the bone everyday and my wife as well. Shes a Veterinarian technician but only makes $13.50/hr....Been there for 6 years and they still treat her like dirt.

I actually dont make $15 but $14.75....I tried the Air Force for 2 years and was told no from every recruiter I came across (I am too big they say....5'9" @ 200lbs) I did try to lose weight got down to 188 and they still wouldnt take me in. So I gave up and worked on the only certification I have - Security.

But that's awesome to hear man, especially the type of life you grew up in - you more than deserve the pay you have now. Yes the computer industry is very "ungrateful" type of position but in the end its rewarding when you see your check in the bank and all the MODS!

Now my wife wants to join the Navy.....oh joy....
Yea I wanted to join the military also and then I got sick. I am also 5'9 and 200 lbs. LOL

My wife was making 11.50 an hour. I told her sometimes the secret to getting a raise, is simply changing jobs. She didn't believe me, and scorned me for job hopping every year. But then after 5+ years at her job she did it herself. Now she makes $16 an hour. I went from 10.50 to 12.50 to 14 to 16 to 23 and now 32. If you make a move, make it a strategic move. Lateral moves rarely pay off. Ask me how I know.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:17 PM   #240
Kevin.Cook

I guess life could be worse though. Check this...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=879781548773794
Old 11-04-2015, 02:53 PM   #241
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I guess life could be worse though. Check this...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=879781548773794
He's making bank filming youtube videos for fun. I wouldn't call that being worse lol.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:55 PM   #242
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
He's making bank filming youtube videos for fun. I wouldn't call that being worse lol.
Oh I know. But the life of those type of car owners. LOL. Everything ghetto as h***.

I got a good laugh from the video.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:47 PM   #243
Kevin.Cook

Got my 3rd set of side scoops today. They were painted Kona Blue (L6) this time. Hooray!!!
Old 11-05-2015, 08:11 PM   #244
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other

Name:   ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1446775889.927464.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  57.3 KB
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:30 AM   #245
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Got my 3rd set of side scoops today. They were painted Kona Blue (L6) this time. Hooray!!!

Lmao, look at what you did Kevster.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1446823810.853931.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	193310

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang