New member of the cyclone family - Page 8 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #246
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Lmao, look at what you did Kevster.
Attachment 193310

Instagram: @v6beast
LMAO! They didn't waste a second getting those posted. Hey its not my fault. I SPECIFICALLY requested KONA BLUE side scoops. Not Deep Impact Blue. -_-

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Hey what was AM's Ebay name? Wanna see what they have for sale on there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2015, 04:58 PM   #247
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Aftermarketpros
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:01 PM   #248
Kevin.Cook

So 2 newish things today. Picked up a set of Borla ATAKs for the 3.7 at $420. The tips are painted gloss black. So I will be putting these on my 2014 3.7. Since it has BBK Shorty headers, I believe they should sound similar to S Types unless I floor it. The black tips should accent the other gloss black items on the 2014.

I will then be removing the Tridents from my 2011 and be putting the S Types on it.

After 3 weeks I just couldn't keep the Tridents on. Working with the reps from Trident on that front.

Secondly, I was going to wait for the Cyber Monday sale from AM to get new rims. But a set of 2015 50th anniversary rims went up for sale locally at a good price so I couldn't pass it up.

These are to replace the existing rims on the 2011 as they have curb rash and the paint on the rims is peeling. I never really liked them to begin with and was going to eventually replace them regardless.

I am sorry AM, but I really liked the 50th anniversary rims ever since I first seen them. Now I have both of my favorite sets of rims on both of my 3.7s.

So now both of my 3.7s will be sporting Borlas. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1446944398.642091.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	193369Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1446944427.106985.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	193370
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2015, 09:18 PM   #249
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
What's wrong with the tridents?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:22 PM   #250
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
What's wrong with the tridents?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

PM sent.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:58 PM   #251
Kevin.Cook

New member of the cyclone family

Got my new wheels w/ tires on. Along with the S types. And lastly got a new battery for the car. Alot more enjoyable to drive. Ditched those crap Federal tires as the new rims had a set of Sumitomos included with them. Brand new too.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1447027031.223558.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	193403Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1447027116.310922.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	193405
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1447027059.982385.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	193404  
Old 11-08-2015, 08:50 PM   #252
Registered Member

Regular

How you like the ataks? I haven't heard those on a 6er
Old 11-09-2015, 05:33 AM   #253
Kevin.Cook

With the shorties, about the same as the S Types. Maybe one note louder. But same tone.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:33 AM   #254
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Lookin really good.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:39 AM   #255
Kevin.Cook

Thanks. Next up on my list is mainly exterior and appearance stuff.

Fog Lights
Caliper Covers
Window Tint
Pony Package Grille
Rear Diffuser

I can wait on driveshaft and headers but definitely want a short shifter within the next few months.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:42 AM   #256
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Man when that Kevin Train rolls it keeps on going! Awesome job man, I don't know what it is about those rims but they make your car sit very well - I like it!

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:48 AM   #257
Kevin.Cook

I appreciate it! I was nervous at first due to the light silver they were in but it came out great! I think Ford did a better job with some of the 2015 Rims. As the previous years were not the best imo. But to each their own!

I have never used Sumitomo tires before but the ride quality is definitely better then the tires the car did have. They grip a lot better also. I do not believe the Sumitomos I have are the high performance version, but they are good nonetheless.

I believe this is what is on the car:

http://www.ntb.com/tires/sku-detail/...uId=sku4170044
Old 11-09-2015, 08:51 AM   #258
Registered Member
Regular

Now just slap some 275-285's on the rear and you'll be set on the rims/tires for a while but I'd recommend riding out those Sumi's first.

Or you could always have the back two as spares and go ahead grab some wider tires.

oooohhh or do burnouts. No just kidding dont do that

Old 11-09-2015, 08:59 AM   #259
Kevin.Cook

Yea I had these tires looked at and they are practically new. I picked everything up at a Ford Dealership in Temple, TX. The rep there said the wheels had less then 200 miles on them.

And driving with the Borla S Types on the 2011 is such a relief. That drone from the other mufflers was killing me. The 2014 sounds like a beast with the Shorty Headers and ATAKs now.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:05 AM   #260
Registered Member
Regular

Shoot I bet she does sound good! I wouldnt mind trading my CS Rims

Old 11-09-2015, 09:08 AM   #261
Kevin.Cook

I was going to buy Shorty Headers instead of the ATAKs for the 2011 to see if Shorties would help nullify the sound of the previous mufflers it had. But then I got to thinking - Why would I spend $400 on headers and risk the axlebacks not sounding any different. So by getting better mufflers on it, the headers aren't a priority anymore.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:52 AM   #262
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like a smart move man.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:19 PM   #263
Kevin.Cook

I want to say thanks to Alex for helping me get my next order set up. Just placed an order for:

Ford Racing Mustang Rear Diffuser AR3Z-17F828-AA (10-12 All) - Free Shipping

Raxiom OEM Style V6 Mustang Fog Light kit 3500 (10-12 V6) - Free Shipping

Barton Industries Mustang Short Shifter 2011BM-1 (11-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

MGP Mustang Black Caliper Covers w/ 3.7 Logo - Front & Rear 10198SM37BK (11-14 V6) - Free Shipping

Getting closer to wrapping up the appearance of my car. So that is exciting. I heard of 1 incident where the Barton shifter broke for one of our fellow 5.0 guys. But in the year I been on this forum, that was the only time I heard of that. So possibly a bad one was made. I know if mine has issues, AM will take care of getting it replaced.

I have never used a short throw shifter but I am hoping it really helps with those god awful long throws of the stock shifter. I already have the Barton Shifter bracket and I did get a new shifter base gasket from AM.

I should be able to get everything installed later next week.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:20 PM   #264
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Sterling is just too strong for his shifter

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:26 PM   #265
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Sterling is just too strong for his shifter

Just like his name implies, he is a beast. Lol
Old 11-11-2015, 10:22 PM   #266
Registered Member

Regular

The shifter will make you wish you had done it the day you bought the car. I would have sold my car by now if I still had a stock shifter. What garbage that thing is.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:37 AM   #267
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
The shifter will make you wish you had done it the day you bought the car. I would have sold my car by now if I still had a stock shifter. What garbage that thing is.
Aww cmon, is it THAT much different? Well it will be here on Monday so I will know then.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:49 AM   #268
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Aww cmon, is it THAT much different? Well it will be here on Monday so I will know then.

Night and day difference.

Stock shifter is pure crap. It's sloppy, shifts are long, shifts can easily get missed or you can pretty easily think you are going to 3rd but nope that's 5th. I swapped mine the first week I had the car. I wasn't even trying to race it or anything crazy and I was having those issues.

Barton/FRPP short shifter is just so precise, crisp, shift throw is perfect. It's how the car should come. You will see. I have never found myself second guessing what gear I am in or had trouble getting there. Some don't like the "notchy" feeling it has. To those I say this is why ford puts the crappy stock shifter in. Too many people who would complain. To me it's the "feel" you want from a manual transmission.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:09 AM   #269
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I was one who didn't dislike the OEM (once I learned it) and when I scored an MGW used I was meh about it. Until I drove a friends car with the OEM after getting used to the MGW and I now hate the floppy oem shifter. Reverse is difficult to engage but what an improvement over stock.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:22 AM   #270
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Here is my story. I know everyone has their own. Some people don't like sharing theirs but I have no issues sharing mine. I prefer to give out my story to help those who might be struggling. To show them life will knock you down on your a**, but you gotta get back up and try harder.

I busted my hump to get where I am now. No hand outs. I am only 26. I had 0 help from my family. I got very ill with Ulcerative Colitis when I was 15. The school said not to come back until I found a treatment for what I had. Because I was losing so much blood, I was always tired and pale.

So I moved from Indiana to Texas because my real family never helped me through it. I had to get a few major surgeries to remove my Large Intestine as there is no cure for U.C.

When I finally recovered from my last surgery, my mom refused to help me re-enroll back into school. And being under 18, the local schools refused to allow me to enroll myself. I really wanted to go back.

I ended up getting my G.E.D. and drivers license on my own. Got married. Went to a small local college for their IT program because I didn't have alot of money to afford a University. I got my first IT job. Spent 2 years cranking out certification exams. Moved from San Antonio to Austin/Cedar Park. Where I found an extremely good job. and I did it all on my own.

Right now I have the following certifications:

Server 2012 MCSE: Server Infrastructure
Server 2012 MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure
Server 2012 MCSE: Private Cloud
Passed the first Windows 8 exam
Passed the first Windows 7 exam
CompTIA A+
CompTIA Network+
CompTIA Security+

That totals 14-15 exams I had to study really hard for an pass. Some of them it took 2 tries.

Now I have 2 new vehicles and 1 used one under my name. I was never close with my family and till today still do not talk to them. My only family is on my Wife's side.

I don't consider myself loaded or anything. I just work hard for the little bit I do have. I have spent the long days at work without a lunch break.

I have done everything from pulling cables to building servers. I paid my dues.

So I tend to laugh when my coworkers call in sick for the day due to a "headache" or "tummy ache". Because they don't know what it means to really hurt or be in need of anything.

The cool thing about when I was sick was, Riley Hospital in Indianapolis, IN had my give my story to the executive board of wal-mart. So that was pretty cool.
Well done man, sounds like you deserve every toy you own.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:37 AM   #271
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Night and day difference.

Stock shifter is pure crap. It's sloppy, shifts are long, shifts can easily get missed or you can pretty easily think you are going to 3rd but nope that's 5th. I swapped mine the first week I had the car. I wasn't even trying to race it or anything crazy and I was having those issues.

Barton/FRPP short shifter is just so precise, crisp, shift throw is perfect. It's how the car should come. You will see. I have never found myself second guessing what gear I am in or had trouble getting there. Some don't like the "notchy" feeling it has. To those I say this is why ford puts the crappy stock shifter in. Too many people who would complain. To me it's the "feel" you want from a manual transmission.
Many thanks for your input. I heard the stock shifter base gasket is like paper. Will the one from AM mitigate any of the extra NVH? Since from what it seems, theirs is a tad better in quality.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #272
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooolbreeez View Post
Well done man, sounds like you deserve every toy you own.
I forgot to add to that little story. I was so sick from losing blood and throwing up, I went from 210 lbs to 120 in less then a month.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:32 PM   #273
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
I forgot to add to that little story. I was so sick from losing blood and throwing up, I went from 210 lbs to 120 in less then a month.
Hell of a diet there Kev.

natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:51 PM   #274
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
TMI
Old 11-12-2015, 04:26 PM   #275
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
I figured, I'm a surgical tech, work in the operating room so I see what happens when people have large amounts of bowel removed. It's usually not a good outcome, lots of complications. It's great that your doing good.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 04:27 PM   #276
Kevin.Cook

I appreciate it. The struggle never really goes away. About 80% of food i cannot eat.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:44 PM   #277
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Many thanks for your input. I heard the stock shifter base gasket is like paper. Will the one from AM mitigate any of the extra NVH? Since from what it seems, theirs is a tad better in quality.

I didn't order one for mine because my car had less than 500 miles on it when I ordered it. So I reused my stock one. So I can't comment on that.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:04 PM   #278
Kevin.Cook

Ok. I figured I might as well replace mine since the car has more miles then it should. Lol
Old 11-15-2015, 09:45 PM   #279
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Did you get the two post bracket to go with your shifter brother? Did both at the same time here. Love it. A little on the heavy notchy side but zero confusion in throws. Very positive engagement.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:47 PM   #280
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Did you get the two post bracket to go with your shifter brother? Did both at the same time here. Love it. A little on the heavy notchy side but zero confusion in throws. Very positive engagement.

I think he said he already had the 2 post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang