New member of the cyclone family - Page 9 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-15-2015, 10:29 PM   #281
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Did you get the two post bracket to go with your shifter brother? Did both at the same time here. Love it. A little on the heavy notchy side but zero confusion in throws. Very positive engagement.
Meet you at the outlets so I can try out this awesome shifter
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2015, 06:34 PM   #282
Kevin.Cook

So i installed the Barton shifter. It goes into all the normal 1-6 gears fine. But to get it into reverse, i have to use all my strength. I did take the dust boot off and notice it went into reverse a bit easier. What am I missing with this dust boot? I put it on exactly like it was on the old shifter.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:30 PM   #283
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Kevin: ??? Something's up with that. When you go into reverse with the Barton, you know it but it's certainly not two arm, get a hernia know it.

Seven: Let me know when you're in town brother. I'd get a kick out of meeting you. I'm actually in Richmond for a meeting tomorrow - no time for car stuff though unfortunately.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2015, 08:18 PM   #284
Kevin.Cook

I just rewatched the install video and there is a groove on the inside of the shift boot that has to sit at a certain spot at the base of the shifter. So I will check this tomorrow. Out of daylight today.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:09 AM   #285
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
New member of the cyclone family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I just rewatched the install video and there is a groove on the inside of the shift boot that has to sit at a certain spot at the base of the shifter. So I will check this tomorrow. Out of daylight today.

Did you check to see if you have the handle in the correct spot for a 11-12 ? There is a difference from the 13-14 and 11-12. Basically the reverse lockout is a different height. The shifter has the provisions for both. But you will have to make sure you have it on the right one.

Also now that I think about it, I remember the directions telling you to measure to ensure you have the right one because it wasn't consistent with the different years. Did you get instructions man?
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 06:40 AM   #286
Kevin.Cook

I did and I do have it on the correct side. I think that shifter dust boot is my challenge here. I will tinker with it in a few hours.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:04 AM   #287
Kevin.Cook

I did want to add - The Barton shifter comes with a new gasket. Or at least mine did. It is not the same exact one that AM suggests you buy with the shifter. So if it comes with one usually, I am not sure why an extra one is suggested. They are both very similar in quality.

And the new gasket (either AM's or Barton's), is a lot better then the stock gasket the car had. Which I might add is paper thin.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #288
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I did and I do have it on the correct side. I think that shifter dust boot is my challenge here. I will tinker with it in a few hours.

Did you measure it though? Just to be sure?
Old 11-17-2015, 10:31 AM   #289
Kevin.Cook

Yes and it is fine. I am pretty sure I didn't get the dust boot 100% right. Because when it is off, I can get into reverse fine. When I put it on, it becomes a challenge. Rewatched the install video, and the guy said it has to go on just right in order for it to properly work.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:42 PM   #290
Kevin.Cook

So I went back and tinkered with the shifter. The issue really was the rubber dust boot. There is a groove around the base of the shifter and a lip on the bottom/inside of the shift boot that must sit inside the groove. If it doesn't, the car won't shift right.

So after repositioning the shift boot (it was a pain), I took the car for a drive. All I can say is WOW, how did I ever think the stock shifter was OK? This Barton shifter + Bracket makes shifting almost effortless. The shifts are soo short I was surprised. The shifter does make a click sound when it goes into each gear, but to me, that is good confirmation you got it in gear.

The other worry I had was if the shifter would sit lower. And mine does not. It actually looks like it sits just a hair higher now. It might be because it is sitting on a thicker gasket then it used to have. The gasket actually took away the vibration in the shifter I had before, but there is a tad more noise. But it is very small and music will easily drown it out.

Going into Reverse is effortless now, now that the shift boot is positioned right.

For anyone with the stock shifter on their mt82, get the Barton shifter and bracket. To me, it is a better investment then say shorty headers or a "cold air intake".

Definitely want to thank AMAlex on getting me a good price on the shifter, bracket, and gasket.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:52 PM   #291
Kevin.Cook

Next up is caliper covers, fog lights, and rear diffuser. I have the caliper covers and fog lights, but the rear diffuser is supposed to be delivered today via UPS Freight? I live at an apartment so idk if this will cause any issues. I am hoping they get here before 4:30pm. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1447789965.142632.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	193690
Old 11-17-2015, 03:32 PM   #292
Kevin.Cook

Well, the diffuser wasn't delivered today. UPS did not have my contact info. So I called and set up a drop-off appt for tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:57 PM   #293
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Well, the diffuser wasn't delivered today. UPS did not have my contact info. So I called and set up a drop-off appt for tomorrow.
The first post had a lot more detail. Why would you have to sign for it?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:00 PM   #294
Kevin.Cook

Well I am not sure if it is to sign or just for someone to be here to see the package was not damaged upon drop-off.

I figured I would clean up the post. lol. I AM pretty upset now but no reason to make anyone seem bad.

I could take tomorrow off but it would be unpaid. I would be throwing away $250+ if I miss work tomorrow.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:43 AM   #295
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I'm glad I work at a place where I can get it delivered to. I've also had stuff delivered to the old lady down the street that I do favors for.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:10 AM   #296
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I'm glad I work at a place where I can get it delivered to. I've also had stuff delivered to the old lady down the street that I do favors for.

We won't ask about what those favors consist of 😵
Old 11-18-2015, 07:18 AM   #297
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
We won't ask about what those favors consist of 😵
I had to bite my tongue on that one. lol
Old 11-18-2015, 08:22 AM   #298
Kevin.Cook

Well, it is always 1 thing after another. So when I spoke to the UPS rep yesterday, they said they were going to try to get it delivered today during the day. So after wasting an entire day of PTO yesterday, I had to call in altogether today as I have no more PTO to spare. I am sitting at home waiting for the tracking to update and right after 8am it did. Showing the package will be delivered between 3pm and 7pm today. I call the front office for my apartment to make sure it is ok for UPS to roll a big truck through here at the apt. area roads are narrow. Not only that, but most people here are coming home from work and school in the time frame.

They said as long as it gets here before 4pm they have no issues. So I call UPS back and they said they cannot get anyone out any earlier.

All I can do is HOPE they deliver it at the very earliest part of that time frame. Otherwise, I cannot accept the shipment. I am down a day of PTO AND a full day of pay from my job because there was a lack of communication somewhere between AM and UPS. AM told me UPS would call me to coordinate this drop-off. UPS said they never received any contact info for anyone to schedule this with. Now it is up to me to jump through hoops to get this done.

At this point, I will have lost more money missing work and killing my Overtime then what the part is worth. Very angry right now.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:04 AM   #299
Staff

Regular
Staff

D'oh (yet again)
Old 11-18-2015, 10:26 AM   #300
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Kev...You obviously have to find a little old lady near by that will accept deliveries for you. Or actually any age will do.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:32 AM   #301
Kevin.Cook

I thought about that too. But everyone at my apt building and the one next to it is gone for the day. Most likely at work because the one I live in is just adults. I don't see many kids. Like right now, my stangs are the only cars sitting outside. lol
Old 11-18-2015, 10:35 AM   #302
Kevin.Cook

They are just chillin...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1447864485.982419.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	193708
Old 11-18-2015, 10:36 AM   #303
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Find the nearest "UPS" store near you and have any future stuff delivered there.
The UPS stores are usually located in a shopping center or a mall.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:50 AM   #304
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Weird, UPS just leaves stuff on my doorstep, and they usually put my doormat on top of it (despite some large boxes).

Sent from my #racecar

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:03 AM   #305
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Weird, UPS just leaves stuff on my doorstep, and they usually put my doormat on top of it (despite some large boxes).

Sent from my #racecar
Normal UPS does this for me also. But I guess Freight is different. Idk, this is the first time I have got anything via freight so this is all new to me.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:08 AM   #306
Staff

Regular
Staff

I had something delivered through Amazon freight that required a signature or they would not accept damage claims.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:10 AM   #307
Kevin.Cook

Alex mentioned something like that. About me being here for the delivery so I can inspect for any damage. Just sucks that I have had to give up a lot of money via my job to be here for this. I could have almost bought new headers or something with all that.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:16 AM   #308
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Why don't you just meat them somewhere? I know my dad has done that,

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:16 AM   #309
Staff

Regular
Staff

and installed them while waiting........
Old 11-18-2015, 05:43 PM   #310
Kevin.Cook

Just got the diffuser. Should have everything on by the end of Friday.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:25 AM   #311
Staff

Regular
Staff

I wonder what color blue it's gonna be......
Old 11-19-2015, 06:26 AM   #312
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Shots fired, lol
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:02 AM   #313
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I wonder what color blue it's gonna be......

I'm not sure what you mean. Nothing is getting painted.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:37 AM   #314
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts

Name:   download.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  4.0 KB
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:52 AM   #315
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang