2014 Mustang V6 1" Spacers - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2015, 04:30 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Yea don't fall for it. They did that to me with a 2014 V6 w/ PP. Auto got boring after a few months. Stay with a manual!
I plan too. Thumbs. I hope they at least fix the damn shifter bracket in the 15's.
And when I say fix I mean BURN IT lol.
Probably doesn't even burn well......
Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2015, 05:29 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Wow that was taken out of context,
Its just my opinion, never like the look of them from behind. No need to get so defensive.

Sent from LG G3.
Looks like crap from behind too.

Tuned by AED
*694 RWHP/677 RWTQ* 10.22@136mph
Currently Assaulting California's Roadcourses
Fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:43 PM   #108
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabman View Post

Hate it. Like I said, I will dispose of it for you...for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2015, 05:47 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yep, sorry don't like it. Really bud its just an opinion, don't get so defensive. Some people don't like red cars, so people do.
You obviously like your spacers and that's all good. Not looking to fight with you, peace and love.
Sent from LG G3.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:34 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep, sorry don't like it. Really bud its just an opinion, don't get so defensive. Some people don't like red cars, so people do.
You obviously like your spacers and that's all good. Not looking to fight with you, peace and love.
Sent from LG G3.
Sorry man, I just heard a boat load of excuses here about the evils of wheel spacers-none of them valid.
I'd say the most realistic one is "I don't like it" because it truly is just an opinion. The rest were just false statements.
I get tired of being the "correct answer man" on various forums-some of them with the most ridiculous claims and BS you ever heard.
So, I try to educate.....and some folks just don't want to understand no matter what. It gets very old....I should just stop reading forums altogether.
As an ex professional car designer/builder/driver I've been doing what some claim can't be done for DECADES.....now I build high tech machinery, still innovating and setting the bar for industry. I have to roll my eyes when I hear what comes out of some peoples keyboards. I'm just so tired of it.
I apologize if I was unpleasant, that's not my goal.

Tuned by AED
Old 08-19-2015, 06:43 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry man, I just heard a boat load of excuses here about the evils of wheel spacers-none of them valid.
I'd say the most realistic one is "I don't like it" because it truly is just an opinion. The rest were just false statements.
I get tired of being the "correct answer man" on various forums-some of them with the most ridiculous claims and BS you ever heard.
So, I try to educate.....and some folks just don't want to understand no matter what. It gets very old....I should just stop reading forums altogether.
As an ex professional car designer/builder/driver I've been doing what some claim can't be done for DECADES.....now I build high tech machinery, still innovating and setting the bar for industry. I have to roll my eyes when I hear what comes out of some peoples keyboards. I'm just so tired of it.
I apologize if I was unpleasant, that's not my goal.
Hey no problem, It wasn't directed at you personally, just a general opinion. All is good my friend.:thumbup:
I can relate to how frustrating it can be sometimes though, I'm a certified welder that has been in the field for 20 years now and had an argument with someone on here about how welding aluminium is possible and is done in the field all the time, he argued with me for like 2 days that you couldn't weld it lol.

Sent from LG G3.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:54 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey no problem, It wasn't directed at you personally, just a general opinion. All is good my friend.:thumbup:
I can relate to how frustrating it can be sometimes though, I'm a certified welder that has been in the field for 20 years now and had an argument with someone on here about how welding aluminium is possible and is done in the field, he argued with me for like 2 days that you couldn't weld it lol.
Sent from LG G3.
I can identify with that. I do a lot of nuclear stuff for the gub'ment and some of those guys don't know WTH is what when it comes to joining of materials.

I'll DC Aluminum with straight Helium and guys will tell you that it's impossible. *Rolls eyes*

Or I'll mix helium and Argon with a wye valve and 2 flow meters for heavy AC and so called "experts" go crazy....whatever.

Tuned by AED
Old 08-19-2015, 07:21 PM   #113
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
I can identify with that. I do a lot of nuclear stuff for the gub'ment and some of those guys don't know WTH is what when it comes to joining of materials.

I'll DC Aluminum with straight Helium and guys will tell you that it's impossible. *Rolls eyes*

Or I'll mix helium and Argon with a wye valve and 2 flow meters for heavy AC and so called "experts" go crazy....whatever.
Ah so the pony pipeline comes from a government job!
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:27 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Ah so the pony pipeline comes from a government job!
I have my own business. I do work for the food, chemical, semiconductor, nuclear and aerospace industries. Mostly prototype and R&D stuff.

Tuned by AED
Old 08-19-2015, 07:28 PM   #115
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
I have my own business. I do work for the food, chemical, semiconductor, nuclear and aerospace industries. Mostly prototype and R&D stuff.
Sounds pretty cool to be honest.
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:30 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Sounds pretty cool to be honest.
Beats dumpster fab.

Tuned by AED
Old 08-19-2015, 08:29 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTech View Post
Entities, look at what you done started...

Yeah for real xD getting the popcorn..

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Entities19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:29 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
2014 Mustang V6 1" Spacers

Quote:
Sent from LG G3.

I share the same thought. Fabman, your car isn't my cup of tea. Nothing against you personally. I just don't like the whole look, or the body style. But almost no one likes every body style Mustang. I know that there are people who won't like my car, but I drive it and love the look. But that's just how things go. You like spacers. I do not. Just as you do not understand what I've experienced and think, I don't understand your viewpoint in the subject. I am baffled that someone would take that route, because a wider, properly back spaced wheel looks much better to me. Looks are subjective. The amount of rubber touching the road is much cleaner cut. Your experience with them differs drastically from mine. As I really am confused by the reasoning, why would someone use a spacer instead of a wider wheel? I can understand it from a cost standpoint, it's cheaper to dish out a couple hundred vs a couple thousand. But beyond I would need some insight into the decision to take that route.

Not to stir the pot anymore than it has been, but it feels just like trying to talk to a liberal about.... well anything. I'm just dumbfounded and truly can not make heads or tales of the logic. (Not saying you are one, just attempting to explain my level of frustration in understanding the logic). Again at this point I'm not upset, I'm really just trying to understand, why?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 08-20-2015, 10:49 AM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
I share the same thought. Fabman, your car isn't my cup of tea. Nothing against you personally. I just don't like the whole look, or the body style. But almost no one likes every body style Mustang. I know that there are people who won't like my car, but I drive it and love the look. But that's just how things go. You like spacers. I do not. Just as you do not understand what I've experienced and think, I don't understand your viewpoint in the subject. I am baffled that someone would take that route, because a wider, properly back spaced wheel looks much better to me. Looks are subjective. The amount of rubber touching the road is much cleaner cut. Your experience with them differs drastically from mine. As I really am confused by the reasoning, why would someone use a spacer instead of a wider wheel? I can understand it from a cost standpoint, it's cheaper to dish out a couple hundred vs a couple thousand. But beyond I would need some insight into the decision to take that route.

Not to stir the pot anymore than it has been, but it feels just like trying to talk to a liberal about.... well anything. I'm just dumbfounded and truly can not make heads or tales of the logic. (Not saying you are one, just attempting to explain my level of frustration in understanding the logic). Again at this point I'm not upset, I'm really just trying to understand, why?

Dude, dude, dude....nobody said they were awesome or the best ever.
I just said they aren't dangerous and provided several real world examples why.
The reason most use spacers is for utility. A lot of wheels don't come in the back spacing you want.
Most bulletts won't clear big brakes so some amount of spacer is needed.
A car with wheels that are too narrow and not enough offset look like crap, so you can space them out an inch and it will help fill up the wheel well without having to purchase new wheels. That is what this whole thread was about, remember? The OP wanted to space his wheels out a tad because he didn't have the coin to buy new wheels and then the old wives tail club chimed in with 50 fantasy reason why spacers are evil. Then, after putting those to bed I get "Spacers look like crap." You can't even see the spacers, how can they look like crap? Now if you put 6 inch spacers on 4 inch wide wheels that would look like crap but nobody's talking about that are they?
Personally I don't give a rip whether or not you like my car, that wasn't the point. The point is that you can't see the spacers.
It seems to me some people just like to argue about stupid stuff. I am just here to dispel the rumors and give the facts. You're welcome.

I know what you mean about talking to liberals...I feel like I'm doing that now.

Tuned by AED
Old 08-20-2015, 10:56 AM   #120
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
play nice.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:58 AM   #121
Kevin.Cook

Can we just delete this thread? I have read soo much about spacers in the last day that I am gonna start having nightmares about them. LOL
Old 08-20-2015, 11:11 AM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Can we just delete this thread? I have read soo much about spacers in the last day that I am gonna start having nightmares about them. LOL
Like I said:
It seems to me some people just like to argue about stupid stuff.
I am just here to dispel the rumors and give the facts.

Tuned by AED
Old 08-20-2015, 11:14 AM   #123
Kevin.Cook

Well to use Dispel...you need to be higher level to cast the spell. That may be where the mis communication is. You are casting a spell you have not unlocked yet. Therefore, you are confusing everyone here. LMFAO!!!!
Old 08-20-2015, 11:14 AM   #124
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Like I said:

I am just here to dispel the rumors and give my car to a deserving V6 guy.

fixed that for ya.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:17 AM   #125
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
fixed that for ya.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2015, 11:17 AM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, I'm done here.

Tuned by AED
Old 08-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #127
Kevin.Cook

I hope everyone has learned something here. This was a ballet. A Ballet of emotion...
Old 08-20-2015, 11:27 AM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I hope everyone has learned something here. This was a ballet. A Ballet of emotion...
What this was, was a bunch of hens clucking in the yard while the farmer got his axe out.

Tuned by AED
Old 08-20-2015, 11:27 AM   #129
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
What this was, was a bunch of hens clucking in the yard while the farmer got his axe out.
I died....
Old 08-20-2015, 02:05 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Well I think Fabman did a great job of explaining his view point, keeping his cool and then re-explaining because people typically go off on tangents and lose track of discussion at hand.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:09 PM   #131
Kevin.Cook

I still think he should lvl up if he wants to Dispel people in the future.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:32 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Well I think Fabman did a great job of explaining his view point, keeping his cool and then re-explaining because people typically go off on tangents and lose track of discussion at hand.
Thank you.

Tuned by AED
Old 08-20-2015, 02:56 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I like his car, looks bad ***!! Just don't like spacers that's all.

Sent from LG G3.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:26 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Like I said:
It seems to me some people just like to argue about stupid stuff.
I am just here to dispel the rumors and give the facts.
You stated no facts. Just your experience which greatly differs from mine and many others. My whole point was for the OP to pass on spacers and buy a wider wheel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-20-2015, 04:31 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You stated no facts. Just your experience which greatly differs from mine and many others. My whole point was for the OP to pass on spacers and buy a wider wheel.

You are going to need much more training than I have time for.
You missed every single point and every single fact just to perpetuate a line of nonsense. There is nothing more I can do here.

Tuned by AED
Old 08-20-2015, 04:34 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You are going to need much more training than I have time for.
You missed every single point and every single fact just to perpetuate a line of nonsense. There is nothing more I can do here.
Very good, I'm glad to be done with this. Have a good day.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:35 PM   #137
Kevin.Cook

I like chocolate milk.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:29 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like chocolate milk.
Nesquick or Ovaltine? Boom, go!
AngryTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:54 PM   #139
Kevin.Cook

Nesquick...
Old 08-20-2015, 07:51 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

I like cake.....

Sent from LG G3.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

With chocolate milk....

Sent from LG G3.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2014 mustang