Looking for new tires - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2015, 02:06 PM   #1

Region: Pennsylvania
Looking for new tires

Currently have the OEM 235 50r18 tires on my stang. Looking to put new tires on. What other sizes can i fit on the OEM 18" rims? Oh, it's the premium with pony package.

Thanks
wyzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2015, 03:02 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyzard View Post
Currently have the OEM 235 50r18 tires on my stang. Looking to put new tires on. What other sizes can i fit on the OEM 18" rims? Oh, it's the premium with pony package.

Thanks
I have the same car, a 2013, with the 18x8 polished aluminum Pony package wheels. I've been researching tires and will be going with B.F. Goodrich tires. The specifications on B.F. Goodrich's site for the tires I'm looking at say I can go with the following:

235/50/18 - Stock
245/45/18
255/45/18

The 255/45/18 tires are the ones I'm interested in. Whatever tire you're interested in, go to the manufacturers website and refer to the manufacturers specifications for your size wheel (18x8).
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I've already been there and done that. I researched the daylights out of tires and my decision was to buy the Cooper Zeon RS3-A's and I love them. Original Pirelli's lasted 24,000 miles. I now have a total of 42,000 miles and the Zeon's are hardly showing any wear. They will easily waaay outlast the Pirellis. I think they are quieter and grip better too. Absolutely better wet than the Pirelli's.
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2015, 12:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Google "tire size calculator". Its the first link and it rocks.
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:16 AM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
Google "tire size calculator". Its the first link and it rocks.
That's a great calculator and I love the simulator for the visual as well. The only thing missing is the width for the wheel, but the rest of the info is excellent. I think the OP is trying to find out what tires will fit his 18x8 wheels. Thanks for the heads up
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
That's a great calculator and I love the simulator for the visual as well. The only thing missing is the width for the wheel, but the rest of the info is excellent. I think the OP is trying to find out what tires will fit his 18x8 wheels. Thanks for the heads up
The tire calculator combined with tirerack.com should give him all the answers he needs. I have always used the two to get the perfect tires for my needs.

Good luck OP!
Old 08-19-2015, 06:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Also have the cooper zeons rs/3a very happy with them so far .
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Not looking to jack this thread but I'm pricing some Yokohoma 19 winter tread for around $850 installed. Good deal?
Old 08-21-2015, 02:08 AM   #9

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbamafan View Post
I've already been there and done that. I researched the daylights out of tires and my decision was to buy the Cooper Zeon RS3-A's and I love them. Original Pirelli's lasted 24,000 miles. I now have a total of 42,000 miles and the Zeon's are hardly showing any wear. They will easily waaay outlast the Pirellis. I think they are quieter and grip better too. Absolutely better wet than the Pirelli's.
What size did you get?
wyzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang