Stay away from cervini's - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2015, 07:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Stay away from cervini's

First I bought speedster covers side skirts and rear valance covers arrive damaged and missing parts 3 months of back and forth to get new ones and even then no communication one day the missing parts show up two weeks later new cover, no apology nothing. On July 7th I order a light bar I am told it is shipping July 12 never given a tracking number and As of August 19th n bar no response to 4 emails and two voice mails. I did get a live person who sounded as if I was annoying him, first he could not locate the order then when he did he told me to call back in a couple of days, no further explanation he just hung up I mean $1,800. may not be much money to them but it is to me and I expect decent service for that amount. I am contacting paypal, discover card and the better bushiness bureau, in the morning.
Logan541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2015, 08:03 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I've heard that ordering from Cervinis directly can be a bit of a hassle, but that folks have had good results ordering from a trusted vendor like AM, LMR, CJPP, etc...
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Update

I file a complaint with paypal on Friday, Monday morning I get an email from Cervinis ;" Your styling bar order is almost completed and getting ready for shipment. I have a scheduled ship date for you of Wednesday the 26th. Before it ships, I will need your telephone number and for you to confirm the address that this part is shipping
too." No apology nothing. So I gripe and then they come back with an apology stating that they ran out of paint...paint? It took two months to get paint? Then they offered to deduct $60.00 from my bill, then 3 days later they state I have to close my paypal case first or they will not refund the $60.00 or ship part. Paypal states if I close it and they don't ship it I cannot reopen the case. Gotta love this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2015, 08:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Man that really sucks. I've only ordered one part from them and it went smoothly. But hopefully everything works out in your favor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-31-2015, 03:54 AM   #5
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
I like the look of the Cervini's stuff but if I had the experiences you did, I definately would cut my losses and get the refund. Future behavior's best predictor is past behavior. Just sayn'.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:48 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
No way I'd close the PayPal claim. You should forward their message to PayPal as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alterego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:37 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

UPDATE

Well apparently Cervinis doesn't pay attention to anything they do. Suddenly I am sent a tracking number stating bar is on the way but they still cannot send 60.00 refund until I close claim. I call PayPal who tells me Cervinis NEVER responded to them. So they settled the case in my favor and refunded my money back to discover. Next day bar comes and cervinis sends an email stating they sent the bar but have not received payment. I got three emails over the last 3 days. They sure are in a hurry for there money.LOL I've been the hospital 6 days with a ruptured colon and really had no interest in anything until I got out Thursday . Problem I have is the invoice is without the refund they promised. I told them soon as I get a correct invoice I will pay it so far no word. However now I am wondering would I be a bad person to make them wait the same amount of time for their money as I waited for there bar.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:47 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

BTW

Bar does look nice. LOL
Old 09-05-2015, 04:50 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

They'd have to sue me. I'd be Soo mad I'd hold out on paying

Old 09-05-2015, 06:52 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by alterego View Post
They'd have to sue me. I'd be Soo mad I'd hold out on paying

This!!
I wanted one of their hoods but after reading this there is no way they are getting my money!!
Unfortunately AM doesn't carry the hood that i want from them.
Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:43 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Stay away from cervini's

I'm in the same boat but I just wanted a chin spoiler. I'll eBay one I guess

It's cool PayPal stood up

Old 09-05-2015, 07:46 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I think what really gets me is the lack of communication and concern on there part. Every conversation or email had to be initiated by me. Even asking for compensation for my troubles their was no offer on there part until I initiated it and it was 10% off next order or $50.00 Hell. I already bought almost everything they had to offer an I talked them up to 60.00. No apology. It was like "We have your money we are in charge. You will wait on us." I missed one car show and now since I got laid up I doubt I will make the big one in 20 days.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by alterego View Post
I'm in the same boat but I just wanted a chin spoiler. I'll eBay one I guess

It's cool PayPal stood up

I use pay-pal for every online purchase,then you have two avenues pay-pal and your credit card for satifaction
ALLYDRIVER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:08 PM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I've had nothing but good luck with them but... I am an hour away from them and I can pick up and deal in person. My Cervinis hood on my 98 fit like a dream. I have heard there are some issues with them when ordering direct from them. This is why if I had to order form them I'd order from AM or someone like that where I know I'd get taken care of if there was a problem.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

See I thought that dealing direct would be faster my guess is AM spends a lot more a year and it repeat business so jo average is not that important as for fit...no complaints
Old 09-05-2015, 10:39 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

I'd hope that AM has already gone through the trouble of getting the part for their customers and having it on hand. The good news is, AM has amazing customer service. I'd hate to think I couldn't order anything directly from a company and get great service tho.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:20 AM   #17
Staff
Regular
Staff

If you go through them, and you get screwed over, you'll be dealing with AM and not Cervinis directly. Or at least that's how I'd hope it'd work. Its really sad if their service is going down the tubes if all this is true TBTH, they have consistently made some of the best exterior pieces for decades now.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:27 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Stay away from cervini's

I'm not a fan of some of the stuff they come out with. The hoods are nice for the coyotes.
But when I get my cowl it will be from harwood

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:32 AM   #19
Staff
Regular
Staff

I should have clarified, some of the best fitting exterior pieces and their hoods are top notch. But a lot of the stuff they make is also really ricey or overdone at least to me. IMHO, the 94-98 and 99-04 Stalker kits are something straight out of FatF. Not good. But the hoods I have had from them have all fit like a glove with zero prep work required.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:32 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Update they still keep sending an invoice for the wrong amount I am thinking of saying screw the invoice and mailing them a check for the right amount
Old 09-12-2015, 08:39 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

I'm sorry to hear of your continued troubles. I agree that maybe sending them a check for the right amount (including a letter of explanation and a copy of their invoice) might be the best bet.

I will add that I ordered an unpainted Cervinis hood from LMR earlier in the week. LMR had them in stock and shipped same day; my body shop should have the hood on Tuesday. For some reason Cervini has real issues with orders made directly through them, but at least the big vendors (AM, LMR, CJPP) are an alternative.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Old 07-26-2016, 07:11 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I thought I should update this even though it was settled long ago paypal would only let me pay the full amount so if I sent the a check, the invoice would still be hanging out there. We went back and forth for another three months,they kept saying pay the full amount no mention of the $60.00 they promised to take off and I said; "Screw it, I tried to be nice." I kept the bar, especially since it was also mis-advertised the ad stated it lit up, it does not. Free Bar looks nice, also made up for the fact that the instructions for the rear valance and side skirts I got were not for my model year and I had figure it out myself. Which took awhile they had screw holes in he wrong place and had me remove the rear bumper, which did not need to be done so 2 hours wasted taking it off and putting it back on for nothing. Same thing with the side skirts, I have 4 pieces but instructions only show how to install two does not even show the other two (and very poorly at that, I am still trying to figure that out, I just got around to the skirts today if any has done them please help.)
Old 10-02-2016, 04:02 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

Slightly OT, but my Ram Air Type 4 hood developed a crack in the paint near the driver's headlight. Body shop that installed it a year ago did the fix; the gel coat was cracked straight through down to the fiberglass! I have pics and will see if Cervini can do something to offset the cost.

There's one other small crack near one of the ram air openings; hopefully that one won't progress.

Old 10-02-2016, 04:09 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I wish you luck let me know how it goes
Old 10-02-2016, 04:28 PM   #25
Registered Member

Regular

Don't have high hopes based on your experience!

I bought the hood from LMR, but at this point I'm thinking I should go straight to Cervini for a presumed mfg defect.

Old 10-02-2016, 06:47 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I would hit both see who responds first
Old 10-02-2016, 08:05 PM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

I suppose you're right. Worst that can happen is they both say no, LOL

Old 10-03-2016, 10:35 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
With all of your troubles, I would tell Cervini's to send you a return authorization, get your money back and go shopping elsewhere.

After this you probably won't be getting any good customer service. Not worth the effort to deal with them any longer!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:52 PM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

^There would be the slight issue of not having a hood. RMA would make sense if the problem had presented earlier and I hadn't yet gotten it fixed.

Have sent pics and a description to Cervini and LMR so far (LMR has acknowledged my contact), so will see what happens.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:15 AM   #30
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
T,

I'm thinking your car is cursed.

J
Old 10-04-2016, 11:26 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
^There would be the slight issue of not having a hood. RMA would make sense if the problem had presented earlier and I hadn't yet gotten it fixed.

Have sent pics and a description to Cervini and LMR so far (LMR has acknowledged my contact), so will see what happens.

Good luck getting a reply from cervinis. Before I bought my hood I emailed them... never got a reply. Still bought it and I'm happy with it but I wouldn't hold your breathe on getting a reply.

wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:16 PM   #32
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
T,

I'm thinking your car is cursed.

J
I think I've been trying to remediate terrible Ford quality with slightly less terrible aftermarket quality.

Next car won't be a Ford (at least not a non-classic one, anyways)!

Cervini hasn't replied to me, but LMR has and is nagging Cervini on my behalf. So kudos to LMR for going above and beyond in their customer service!

Old 10-06-2016, 02:47 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Have you tried calling cervinis?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang