2012 Mustang 3.7L Exhaust Questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2015, 12:09 AM   #1

Region: Illinois
2012 Mustang 3.7L Exhaust Questions

Hello, recently I was thinking about dropping some money into an offroad H-pipe (probably Lethal) and getting some resonators to dampen the tone. Currently i'm running Roush AB and I have heard any offroad pipe with Roush AB is going to sound like rice city, and I have also heard resonators dampen some of that rice-ness.
This being said, I do hope to increase my volume (in a good way) with the offroad pipe and the resonators. I can't find any Youtube videos of a setup like this, so basically i'm wondering:

1)Will Roush AB + Lethal O/R H pipe + resonators (need a recommendation on brand, if you know of a good one) sound like rice or nice (Throaty and louder than just Roush AB?).

2)I'm not a mechanic, so I would have to pay a shop to weld the resonators in. This being said, where do resonators even go in the exhaust? I plan to replace my mid pipe with stock every time I go for emissions so I don't fail, would welding in resonators still allow me to do the swap myself whenever I need to? Also, I do need my car for daily driving so my car couldn't be in the shop for long, so any knowledge as to how long it would take weld the resonators in would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much!
TrevorHolmberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2015, 01:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, it will sound like rice. Roush axle backs are raspy as it is, taking away the cats is only going to make it worse wether you have resonators or not. Then again, sound is subjective so what I think sounds like crap, you might like. If you still have the stock axle backs, try putting those on with an O/R pipe. Might sound good.

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:11 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I personally really like the set up of the lethal H pipe and roush axle backs. That is if you are running the glass pack resonaters. I've heard a couple of them in person and they sound nice in my opinion. That is my opinion tho so you may not like it!

IG: justaslow3.7
Harm_3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2015, 01:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm_3.7 View Post
I personally really like the set up of the lethal H pipe and roush axle backs. That is if you are running the glass pack resonaters. I've heard a couple of them in person and they sound nice in my opinion. That is my opinion tho so you may not like it!

IG: justaslow3.7
Personally I'm not looking for a very deep muscle tone, more or less looking for loud as long as it's not farty sounding.
TrevorHolmberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Go with Mag COmps, Pypes Bombs or just make a custom Muffler delete and add a couple 18"+ resonators to the exhaust and youll have LOUD for sure
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2012 mustang, exhaust