Tackling issues - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-31-2015, 12:15 PM   #36
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Your 100% right

It was really probably none of his business why you were there anyway.

I called my Brother and he said Any Extended warranty is not covered under that Federal law. No dealer has to accept them unless they want to.

Original factory warranty only is covered.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2015, 01:07 PM   #37
Kevin.Cook

Gotcha. I did find a local dealer (Covert Ford) that has worked with AUL and they are cool with any warranty work where they would need to work with them. In fact, I have an appt scheduled with them the weekend I get my car back for them to investigate the front end popping noise.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:41 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
If you buy a car brand new from any brand dealer and it ever needs warranty work. The Law say's you can take the car to any dealer in the country and they have to service you. They can not turn you away if the warranty covers the item needing repair.
Now you know you can't take the car to a Chevy or Dodge Dealer if it is a Mustang so the trolls need to back off.
It would have to go to a Authorized Ford Dealer.
Ford pays any dealer for warranty work done so why would they want to turn anyone away anyway?????
Ronnie

PS: I don't know if this would cover an extended warranty at all. Just the original factory warranty on the car. Not the owner of the car.

Ronnie

You've got it's mostly correct.
Just because ford motor company will consider a part warranty work and fully pay the dealership doing the work.

That said dealership does not HAVE to do the work. They can easily say yes it's covered but we're to busy or if you just have a piss poor attitude they can legally deny you any service there and tell you to go down to the next ford dealer

This is highly uncommon as warranty work pays well for the dealership but the dealership is not owned by ford. They purchase cars from ford to sell to the consumer. They may honor the warranty offered and approved by ford. However they do not have to do any warranty work and ford can not force them to.

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2015, 07:58 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20prima10 View Post
Ronnie

You've got it's mostly correct.
Just because ford motor company will consider a part warranty work and fully pay the dealership doing the work.

That said dealership does not HAVE to do the work. They can easily say yes it's covered but we're to busy or if you just have a piss poor attitude they can legally deny you any service there and tell you to go down to the next ford dealer

This is highly uncommon as warranty work pays well for the dealership but the dealership is not owned by ford. They purchase cars from ford to sell to the consumer. They may honor the warranty offered and approved by ford. However they do not have to do any warranty work and ford can not force them to.

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

True but be sure to report them(the dealer) to Ford Motors.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:35 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Correct

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

Old 08-31-2015, 10:05 PM   #41
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Of course they may try to find a loophole

Check it out,

Auto Warranties & Routine Maintenance | Consumer Information

It would not be in the best interest of any brand dealer to not honer a "FACTORY" warranty. If it is covered by a warranty the dealer has to honer it.
NOT A THIRD PARTY EXTENDED WARRANTY BUT A FACTORY WARRANTY ON A DEFECTIVE PART It is a federal law and although some dealers think different, They do have to honer the warranty.
If you broke a part by abusing it, Of course a warranty won't cover it.
The owners of a dealership have a contract with the Manufacture that spell out all of the laws on what they have to do to keep a franchise.
Even if you tune your car and an alternator goes out, The warranty has to cover the repair by a dealer. If you tune the car and blow an engine, The Factory has to prove the tune caused the problem which is probably pretty easy because of over revving by taking off the rev limiter.
As you all know, Brake pads, Clutch discs, Bulbs and all of the general normal wear parts are not covered unless proven defective.
Ronnie
Old 09-01-2015, 05:58 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

All that says is they can't deny you the warranty. Does not mean they HAVE TO do the work. They still legally have the right to send you else where. Most dealers would never turn down warranty work but they do not HAVE to do it. That's spelt up to them. Now would denying warranty work piss off ford and cause issues for them down the road. Yea probably

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

Old 09-01-2015, 07:29 AM   #43
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

OK, I'm done with this

Having a relative that once owned a dealership does not make me an expert on this, All I can go by is what he told me the law was regarding "FACTORY WARRANTY WORK"
Ronnie

Your own words:
Quote:
All that says is they can't deny you the warranty.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:38 PM   #44
Kevin.Cook

So finally after 2 more weeks I pick up the car from the body shop. Kept giving me the run around. Found out the owner did not paint the car himself. He had someone else do it.

Got the car home because it is almost night time. Took a few pictures to show you that they completely F***ed up yet again.

Now the sad part is they were paid already through the loan I got (a small part went to them ~$1,000). So I am not sure yet if they will even refund my money or what my options are. The owner said he will work on it again.

Now do I give them my car after they messed up twice (pretty obvious and BAD)?

You can see the paint bubbling. It wasn't even blended right. Those are just 2 examples btw. There are other spots on the car they didn't even touch.

A thing to note is since the owner doesn't like talking on the phone and only via Text, I have everything pretty much in writing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150911_193725_resized.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	590.6 KB
ID:	190989   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150911_195711_resized.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	190990  

Old 09-11-2015, 09:41 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Lol..... Just get it wrapped at this point.

Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:44 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Holy hell THATS terrible.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:44 PM   #47
Kevin.Cook

I don't want to just throw away $1,100. Like I said, Idk if they will even give me a refund. Never been in this bad of a situation before so I am not sure if I should just leave the car with them a 3rd time or what. I dont think contacting BBB is gonna do anything. I am concerned about their idea of "good work".
Old 09-11-2015, 09:47 PM   #48
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Holy hell THATS terrible.
Yea the sh***y part about it is you can see it from far away. You can see the bubbling and that huge line where they failed to blend the paint. Plus all the other items.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

I should have just got the 5.0. Even if it meant throwing away some mods. LOL

Less stress that way and a big engine!
Old 09-11-2015, 11:22 PM   #49
Kevin.Cook

Just detailed the car and almost don't even want it anymore. It is much worse now then it was before....
Old 09-11-2015, 11:28 PM   #50
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Just detailed the car and almost don't even want it anymore. It is much worse now then it was before....

That work is despicable. Why exactly did you have them repaint the car in the first place?
Old 09-11-2015, 11:40 PM   #51
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
So finally after 2 more weeks I pick up the car from the body shop. Kept giving me the run around. Found out the owner did not paint the car himself. He had someone else do it.

Got the car home because it is almost night time. Took a few pictures to show you that they completely F***ed up yet again.

Now the sad part is they were paid already through the loan I got (a small part went to them ~$1,000). So I am not sure yet if they will even refund my money or what my options are. The owner said he will work on it again.

Now do I give them my car after they messed up twice (pretty obvious and BAD)?

You can see the paint bubbling. It wasn't even blended right. Those are just 2 examples btw. There are other spots on the car they didn't even touch.

A thing to note is since the owner doesn't like talking on the phone and only via Text, I have everything pretty much in writing.
I feel like any one of us could get the equipment and do a job that "Well"
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:34 AM   #52
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
That work is despicable. Why exactly did you have them repaint the car in the first place?
It has alot of dents and scratches. They do alot of body work for dealerships around Austin so i couldnt imagine them being that bad. Now i wonder who else they screwed over.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:00 AM   #53
Registered Member

Regular

I would take it back. I'm assuming you paid already? How did you pay? Credit card? Call the credit card co and dispute it. Check? Stop payment. Typically in this business once you pay they give zero fawks. Honestly you have to identify these issues when you pick it up before you pay. I would have never taken it home in these cases. They would want to get paid so they would make it right and usually with the quickness. At this point if they have your money you are at their mercy.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:39 AM   #54
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Old 09-12-2015, 10:22 AM   #55
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
I would take it back. I'm assuming you paid already? How did you pay? Credit card? Call the credit card co and dispute it. Check? Stop payment.
+1 on this. It may just piss them off, but it may also "motivate" them to either do a better job. If not, you should have your money back and can find another shop to paint it. Did they at least fix the scratches and dents OK, even if the paint job is lousy?
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:28 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
U need to go there in person and ask for ur money back period. If ur to nice. He gonna give u a hard time. U gave him a second chance and that's one to many.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 09-12-2015, 10:31 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
+1 on this. It may just piss them off, but it may also "motivate" them to either do a better job. If not, you should have your money back and can find another shop to paint it. Did they at least fix the scratches and dents OK, even if the paint job is lousy?
They don't need motivation I do a "better job " there motivation should be that they are in business and they need to do quality work or they'll b out of business. I've seen this before ginger ur money back now and don't play around the longer u wait and the more time he puts into it he's gonna use that against u

Old 09-12-2015, 10:39 AM   #58
Kevin.Cook

I took a video and uploading it to Youtube right now. I will show you guys the horror once it finishes processing. Probably looking at AT LEAST $2,000 now if I were to take the car someplace else to repaint.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:43 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I took a video and uploading it to Youtube right now. I will show you guys the horror once it finishes processing. Probably looking at AT LEAST $2,000 now if I were to take the car someplace else to repaint.

I don't know how it is where ur from but $1100 is not gonna buy u good quality paint work. Take ur $1100 back take it somewhere else and spend the extra money to get it done right.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:44 AM   #60
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
They don't need motivation I do a "better job " there motivation should be that they are in business and they need to do quality work or they'll b out of business. I've seen this before ginger ur money back now and don't play around the longer u wait and the more time he puts into it he's gonna use that against u

In a perfect world that would be true. In a real world that's sadly not the case.

I once worked at a body shop and the owner inspected EVERYTHING that left before we would even call the customer. He would not hesitate to have someone re-do work if it did not meet his high standards. He was an exception. He knew that what you put out for the customer represented you and your business.

What poor old kevster has in his car is a paint and body guy who doesn't care about his work because he didn't get paid to do it twice. And he clearly has gotten away with it in the past and knows his boss the owner doesn't inspect his work, therefore he feels comfortable putting out this "work". Honestly that blend proves he has no idea what he is doing.

At this point you need to cut your losses, take it elsewhere. Document the terrible work, write the BAR, sue the guy for your money back if you can't cancel payment. Here is why I say this. The first time around, he was making money after supply's and labor (duh or he wouldn't be in business). The second time he was breaking even or maybe making a few bucks on you. At this point he is losing money. So he is not going to do this job right with the quality products and his best labor. If he cared about his reputation he would have NEVER let you have the car after the first fail.

Live and you learn Kevin.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:52 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
In a perfect world that would be true. In a real world that's sadly not the case.

I once worked at a body shop and the owner inspected EVERYTHING that left before we would even call the customer. He would not hesitate to have someone re-do work if it did not meet his high standards. He was an exception. He knew that what you put out for the customer represented you and your business.

What poor old kevster has in his car is a paint and body guy who doesn't care about his work because he didn't get paid to do it twice. And he clearly has gotten away with it in the past and knows his boss the owner doesn't inspect his work, therefore he feels comfortable putting out this "work". Honestly that blend proves he has no idea what he is doing.

At this point you need to cut your losses, take it elsewhere. Document the terrible work, write the BAR, sue the guy for your money back if you can't cancel payment. Here is why I say this. The first time around, he was making money after supply's and labor (duh or he wouldn't be in business). The second time he was breaking even or maybe making a few bucks on you. At this point he is losing money. So he is not going to do this job right with the quality products and his best labor. If he cared about his reputation he would have NEVER let you have the car after the first fail.

Live and you learn Kevin.

If all u say is true about the owner than he don't know shiit about business. He may know about the paint and body end of it but that's about it. That's what amazes me. Just because someone has a skill or whatever u wanna call it doesn't mean they should go start a business. There's more to it . If he's that dumb then kev is gonna have a tough time getting his money back. If he truly cares about his business he will refund him. Don't waste ur time with bbb.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:56 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Threaten them with something local like if they're associated with the chamber of commerce or If they are associated with any local business association.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:57 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Or Angie's list lmao

Old 09-12-2015, 11:02 AM   #64
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
If all u say is true about the owner than he don't know shiit about business. He may know about the paint and body end of it but that's about it. That's what amazes me. Just because someone has a skill or whatever u wanna call it doesn't mean they should go start a business. There's more to it . If he's that dumb then kev is gonna have a tough time getting his money back. If he truly cares about his business he will refund him. Don't waste ur time with bbb.

There is always another Kevin around the corner waiting to give him 1100 for 3000 worth of work and he will just keep taking it and doing crap work. It will be a cold day in hell before Kevin walks in there and they say "your right, that looks terrible. Here is your 1100 back"
Old 09-12-2015, 11:12 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

^ I don't get it.. I'd b damed if I didn't get my money back. I couldn't walk away just like that. Where's the pride?! That's personal right there. That's a spit in the face. " here's ur car like it or not" I would never treat my customers like that. Than again that why I have a successful business. This guy is gonna run it to the ground

Old 09-12-2015, 11:14 AM   #66
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Wow, I can't believe the shop would turn out something like that

You can do a report to the "BBB" but they only keep a record of the complaint. Only the business can decide to give you a refund. I don't think they will so what you need to do is just go face to face with who ever owns that business and talk to them. No cursing , and be firm. If no satisfaction it is time for small claims court. Forget a lawyer because they will cost you more then a quality paint job.
No bad mouthing or saying anything until the small claims court hears the case. You bad mouth or say the wrong thing and you will lose. Keep all records and don't repaint the car yet. The Judge may want to see it and you may be able to take it for a full paint job for more then the $1,100 the original one charged you. Get estimates from a quality shop to bring to court on how much it will cost to redo correctly. Probably be way more then you think.
Just have patience and don't say anything to the BBB or anyone until after the small claims hearing.
When the original shop loses they have to pay the court costs.
Ronnie
Old 09-12-2015, 12:19 PM   #67
Kevin.Cook

This is a video I made for the body shop so they can see why I am frustrated. As they are closed today but the owner still wanted to see everything. It is hard to catch a lot of the finer details in video, and I will admit to not being a video taking pro. But hopefully this will give them as well as you all an idea.

I already told the guy at this point, they have had the car for 4 weeks. They are not making my car payments, paying for the gas I am wasting going back and forth, or paying the toll fees every time I need to go across the city to meet up and check on the car.

Keep in mind the $1,100 was originally to just repaint the driver and passenger side rear quarter panels and the driver side door. As the rest of the car wasn't that bad.

After the 1st mess up, the owner threw other items in to help ease the inconvenience (Front and rear bumper, rear rim, etc).

I got a 2nd opinion from another shop and they did confirm $1,100 was a fair price for the 3 body panels as that is what they would have charged. And I got my 2014 done their when it had those awful driver side damages. So I trusted their word as they do good work.
Attached Files
Old 09-12-2015, 12:40 PM   #68
Registered Member

Regular

Your video doesn't work. At least on mobile device
Old 09-12-2015, 01:03 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

^+1

Old 09-12-2015, 01:11 PM   #70
Kevin.Cook

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang