Tackling issues - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2015, 01:21 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I really feel for u.. There's no excuse for that **** job. They should be embarrassed giving u a back ur car that looks that way. U need to take action and get ur money back.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Man this is horrible, I wasn't expecting it to be this bad.. Get your money back and take it to a reputable shop, even if you have to pay a little bit more. It seems like a newbie is practicing painting your car or he was working on it in the dark.. This is crazy..

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 02:23 PM   #73
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
They basically ruined your car. I have never seen such terrible work.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2015, 02:27 PM   #74
Kevin.Cook

Yup. I spoke with another shop. I guess for that much rework, I am looking at ~$5,000. They said I can try for small claims court, but those usually get dragged out a lot and just become a headache. Especially with these types of things because you have to submit photos, videos, written documents, etc.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:33 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Yup. I spoke with another shop. I guess for that much rework, I am looking at ~$5,000. They said I can try for small claims court, but those usually get dragged out a lot and just become a headache. Especially with these types of things because you have to submit photos, videos, written documents, etc.

Which it seems you have... Videos photos texts etc. so could be very easy for you.

Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:40 PM   #76
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
You should not and I mean """NOT"" touch a thing on that car

Like I already said, Take it to a Ford Dealer and a couple of quality shops and let them give you a written estimate on what needs to be done to repair the paint on your Mustang. When you do anything , It is just going to hurt you in small claims court. They will say it was fine until you messed it up.
It looks like your whole car will need to be sanded down, Primed and repainted which is going to cost way more then the couple thousand you think it will. The paint flaking off the drivers door is a good sign of how bad the shop is that painted your car.
I have seen better work come out of a high school program then your car is showing.Even Maiko could do a better paint job.
I would have been in court already if they did that to my Mustang.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:31 PM   #77
Registered Member

Regular

I have never seen work this terrible before. Holy crap.

One other thing you could try, Kevin, is talking with the shop again and seeing if the threat of small claims court (or going to your local news's investigative reporter) might scare them into at least giving your money back. I doubt they're going to reimburse the cost of remediating all their mistakes without *actually* taking them to court, sadly.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:43 PM   #78
Kevin.Cook

Sadly yea. I was just looking up a new oem windshield....
Old 09-12-2015, 10:53 PM   #79
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Sadly yea. I was just looking up a new oem windshield....
Are you sure it isn't overspray of something the shop used that might come off with a claybar?
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Old 09-12-2015, 10:55 PM   #80
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
Are you sure it isn't overspray of something the shop used that might come off with a claybar?

No way dude. That's cloudy *** piss poor blending with terrible prep.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:02 PM   #81
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
No way dude. That's cloudy *** piss poor blending with terrible prep.
On the windshield glass?

I highly doubt the shop managed to sandblast it...there's probably overspray of something on the surface of the glass that might clean off, obviating need for replacement.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:04 PM   #82
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
On the windshield glass?

My bad. I didn't realize we were talking about a windshield. Thought you were referring to the paint and I was laughing
Old 09-12-2015, 11:09 PM   #83
Registered Member

Regular

^ No...the paint is well and truly fudged. I wouldn't trust that shop to finger paint on construction paper...LOL.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:15 PM   #84
Registered Member

Regular

The glass is most likely overspray. Razor blade should fix it up. But at this point ole kevster needs to park the car in a rough part of town with the keys in it and let it find its way to Mexico.

Side note, Kevin have you looked at the louvers after all this work? I know in your video you commented on the fact that they were cloudy now but I'm guessing that they did not remove them but painted right over them. If this is the case you have even more problems. As in you would never be able to pull them off because the clear coat would be surrounding it. Also guessing the glass under them is covered in overspray.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:25 AM   #85
Kevin.Cook

Yea it doesnt look like the removed them as there was compound stuck between them and the body of the car.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:10 PM   #86
Kevin.Cook

So I am no longer going to take any chances with the dumb shop and just want the body repaired. He is some back alley shop (not sure why the dealerships use him?), and has some hick a** insurance. He is only offering to repaint the car (NOT HAPPENING!!!).

So I called my insurance provider to see what my options are (Geico). They offered to open a Claim for me under Comprehensive. The car will be taken to their choosing of body shop (so they can warranty everything). The shop will most likely be Service King. Which it seems they are a big shop here in Texas? Not sure if anyone has opinions on them.

They said I can take it to any shop I want but then Geico couldn't offer any warranty if it was outside their network. They will have the work paid for, just not warrantied.

Their adjuster is going to look over the extent of the damage and approve for Service King to go ahead with the repairs. All I will have to pay is the $500 deductible after everything is said and done. Service King will provide the bill to Geico and they will send the Bill to World of Color and pursue the repayment from them.

They said this most likely won't affect my premium.

What does everything think of going this route? This way, I know the car will actually get repaired through reputable names and no more randoms. And all I pay is $500 (which I can easily live with). Geico lady said they will be sure to inspect ALL the damage incurred by World of Color and repaint the entire car if needed. They will also look at replacing the rear tail light that was scratched from the shop.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:51 PM   #87
Registered Member

Regular

Sounds reasonable if your premium doesn't really increase. The dealers probably use the back alley shop because it is the cheapest place in town.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:12 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds very good. But don't hold your breath on the premiums not going up the following year.
Good luck!
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:14 PM   #89
Kevin.Cook

I cant imagine Service King is a bad shop either because if they were, Geico wouldn't recommend them as their preferred shop.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:48 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
I cant imagine Service King is a bad shop either because if they were, Geico wouldn't recommend them as their preferred shop.
Service King does pretty good work here in Tennessee. They are the hub for several insurance companies here. Several car rental companies have cars stationed at the shop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
stangingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 03:07 PM   #91
Kevin.Cook

I am just worried with what happens if the shop tries to be unwilling to pay Geico. Does that stay between them? Insurance lady mentioned something about arbitration?
Old 09-13-2015, 03:14 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

They have a department that handles that part and yes it stays between them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
stangingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 03:40 PM   #93
Kevin.Cook

Ok cool. So $500 and i am done. Now to get time off work to go get it examined and dropped off.

My team at work either never show up or never work. So its hard to take time off. Lol
Old 09-13-2015, 06:36 PM   #94
Kevin.Cook

I hope it isn't overkill but I submitted my video to Geico, pictures, the text message confirming what body panels World of Color would work on. I am also waiting for a written statement from a body shop that saw the car after the 1st paint attempt, then again after the 2nd paint attempt.

I want to provide so much evidence that they would without a doubt not give the guy a chance to deny it was his doing.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:45 PM   #95
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
I hope it isn't overkill but I submitted my video to Geico, pictures, the text message confirming what body panels World of Color would work on. I am also waiting for a written statement from a body shop that saw the car after the 1st paint attempt, then again after the 2nd paint attempt.

I want to provide so much evidence that they would without a doubt not give the guy a chance to deny it was his doing.
No such thing as overkill when working with ****ty companies
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:48 PM   #96
Kevin.Cook

As you can see, the car was "ok" before the 2nd paint attempt. ALL they had to do was touch up some areas. I DO NOT KNOW how they went out of their way to F*** up the entire car. As you can see, the front passenger fender was scuff free as well as other things.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Passenger side of car before 2nd paint attempt.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	191099   Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver side of car before 2nd paint attempt.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	191100  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Passenger Fender before 2nd paint job attempt.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	191101  
Old 09-13-2015, 06:51 PM   #97
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

I think this was very smart and not overkill at all.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:45 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

I just don't get it. I'd b going there with a baseball bat to get my money.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:48 PM   #99
Kevin.Cook

Nah I dont want just the $1100. That wont be enough to fix it. However, i will be asking Geico what will happen with the money they already received.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:49 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Not even about the money at this point that's just straight up disrespectful

Old 09-14-2015, 01:52 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Doesnt look bad after the first job.

How did it end up worse???

I'd have my dad go up there and whoop some a**
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:36 PM   #102
Kevin.Cook

The first time they did it, they taped the areas off and when the pulled the tape off, it caused the clear coat to peel. Plus, next to the passenger tail light, it was bumpy and not blended well. You cannot tell from far away, but as you get close and see it in person it was BAD.

I took it and got a 2nd opinion from another shop and the owner at he also confirmed it was unacceptable. Now Idk if the unacceptable part was a joke and it was his opinion that the quality of the job was too good for them to do so they wanted to mess it up more or what.

As you can see in the video, it just needs to be sanded completely, prepped, and repainted.

The plan today is to go get a written statement from the 2nd body shop that saw the poor jobs both times. Then tomorrow I will be taking it to the body shop and having Gieco's Adjuster look over it. Then It will be left there for repair.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:56 PM   #103
Kevin.Cook

So after giving it more thought, I decided to cancel doing an insurance claim. Why should I have to pay for their mess up? That is the question that bugged me all day.

So I went the body shop Guns a Blazin. In the end, they are sending it to my nearby dealership to get entirely repainted (my choice, not theirs), they are also making the 1st months payment on my car, and they gave me a rental (at their expense). Unfortunately it is a Hyundai Sonata

Lets just say....I told them I had legal help ready if they wanted to deny anything or say no to paying for it. They WILL NOT be touching the car again. I made it clear to them.

I will be dropping the car off tomorrow at the dealership. Where they will also take care of the popping in the front end.

Sad it had to go this far to begin with. Really saved my a** that I kept the Texts, Pictures, and made the video.

Lets just hope this settles it.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:08 PM   #104
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
So you get a car to drive and they are paying for all the repairs?
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:15 PM   #105
Registered Member

Regular

I hope that works out for you. Make sure they remove the window louvers this time!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang