Rear ended by unlicensed driver - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2015, 07:15 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
thx for learning me....I understand crumple zones and the like but are they really frame like?

I'll agree with if crumple zones are impacted the chances of total are better (esp with the value of a V6) .

It sux either way and you may want it to be totalled....you are going to take a hit no matter what sometimes it's best to just get it over rather than getting a car that MAY never be the same again even if it's just the placebo effect where you feel/see every imperfection
I'm so OCD, I would nit pick the hell out of the car if repaired and probably never be satisfied with it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015, 07:24 AM   #37
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I guess those commercials are accurate then. They're still stupid commercials tho lol.

As far as this car, hope it is totaled and good on you for calling. I know a few ppl who have trusted the person who hit them to pay out and it ended badly both times. I would still try to get their insurance to cover it tho. You could probably go to small claims or something to get your deductible if you feel like its worth the time.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:26 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20prima10 View Post
Mud. There still technically frame rails and they will still be designed to be crushed under impact to help adsorb impact and make the car safer in an accident. If these did work properly and crushed in than I would feel pretty safe saying it's going to be a total loss depending on what the car is worth.
Thank you!! For agreeing with me. That wasn't really a question if there were rails or not . That was sarcasm. Anyways I don't claim to know a lot about cars but I do know from experience. Op was saying how he would hope that it would be a total loss and I feel for the guy. This is why j mentioned about the frame rails . From the outside damage no there's not enough damage. Internally the chance of it being a loss would be if the rails were bent. I hope they are for his sake so he
Can get a new one.
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015, 08:27 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Mud.

The uni body will still be frame like to an extent. It will look like a channel with tabes on the side. Almost like a cursive u would be. The tabs will be spot welded to the car. Similar to a Frame but not a true frame like other vehicles will have.

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:34 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
There actually frame rails in the front and rear. But they don't connect to each other like a full frame.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:53 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Hence the word unibody. But there not true frame rails like you'd find on a truck. There new car frame rails.

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:37 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
ouch sorry to hear bro and wish you the best. looks just cosmetic but u should be able to go after the mother cause if she did not report the car stolen she lent the car to her daughter thus assuming full responsibility of that vehicle the insurance is under. tho if she has money or the insurance is going to pay is hard to tell.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:38 AM   #43
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Getting hit by an uninsured motorist...they seem to have more rights and protection then those of us who have insurance.

My son got hit from behind from an uninsured motorist in Florida; my son was not carrying "uninsured motorist coverage" insurance.

In Florida, you have to have insurance. Driver is supposed to be arrested on the spot, and the car impounded. For whatever reason, this did not happen, and my son did not know at that time that he had a right to insist. We now know that the police officer was actually cutting that other driver a huge break, but my son suffered.

Long story short, we have no idea what happened to her, but my son was out of pocket almost 5 grand to repair his car.

An uninsured motorist (in Florida) is supposed to have an automatic suspension of their drivers license for 20 years, or until they satisfy the amount of the accident. Problem is, it costs the person who was hit to levy the lean against them, and then to periodically check their status to see if they are still driving, working, or able to settle. Who has that time and money?
Old 08-24-2015, 12:29 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
So glad you had the police respond and got a report instead of just exchanging info or whatever!!
PLEASE...everyone reading this, (I'm an ex traffic cop) ALWAYS get an officer on scene at a crash, even very minor ones and insist on a report. It's our (their) job. And even if they're grumpy or *****y about it, they will do it when you flat out say " I want a crash report written by you, officer".
It will save you much heartache, hassle and frustration later if you do this. Trying to get a report after the fact is laughable and won't happen. 9 times out of ten, that "nice" person you exchanged insurance info with will screw you and so will your own insurance without that PoPo report.
Now...if it's your own fault and you want to work it out on the side, it's a different story.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:39 PM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
The first time someone hit my car I was nice and told them they could just pay me for it. The only... ONLY reason I did not get screwed was because we were both military and it was in the dorm parking lot and 3 or 4 other ppl we both knew saw it happen. I had to wind up going to my First Sergeant and he pulled the guy in and said to either get the insurance to pay for it or his wages were going to be garnished.

Only other time I was in an accident I made sure to get a police report.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:41 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
^ Yeah...you try to be nice and you (almost) get dinged for it. I always trade insurance info, and if a cop happens to be around, have him do a report.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:56 PM   #47
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
+1 on Waylaps post about always get a report. I was ______ by exchanging info with someone once instead of getting a report. +2 on if it's your fault and they don't want a report it's OK (I hit someone did No damage to their car...they asked if I needed a report I said "No and Thx"

1x I even insisted on a report but told the Officer not to fine the person I just wanted record of who was at fault.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:03 PM   #48
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
^ It seems like (from my very limited sample) that most of the local cops around here don't automatically issue citations for small stuff, but just fill out and file an accident report. The one exception was when I guy rear ended me at an intersection with a cop about 200 feet away, and couldn't produce his insurance card. He had some online insurance card from Geico and couldn't bring it up on his phone. It was actually funny watching the guy and the cop trying to pull up the info.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang