Short term tune needed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2015, 12:29 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Short term tune needed

I'm looking for a tune for a short period of time. Wondering what company tunes for the procharger. I will be getting a dyno tune when spots open up in the shop and I get my drive shaft. I see mpt does but for $600 for a few months no thanks. I seen steeda or bama is reasonable but I'm not 100% sure they do tune for my needs. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:34 AM   #2
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Procharger offers a tune that will get you to the dyno shop. You really shouldn't go installing a supercharger if you don't have the ability to get it tuned correctly right away.

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:07 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
1. Don't install the blower until you can get a proper tune.
2. If the shop you are planning on getting the tune from, can't send you a base tune to drive to the shop. Find another shop simple

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2015, 11:42 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well i'm installing this coming up weekend regardless as I don't always have the time. It's not a daily driver so it can sit.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Well if you don't want to pay the money to get it right, and just looking for a cheap fix. Good luck good thing it's not a DD bc she will be sitting even longer.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

^
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1440350539489.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	189904  
Old 08-23-2015, 12:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Cool story bro.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 08-23-2015, 01:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Sad. He gets upset when rap tells him the truth about running a car with a **** tune.

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 01:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallengineguy View Post
^
Dude, just because you didn't get the answer you wanted doesn't mean it's wrong. You don't want a crappy tune but you also don't want to pay the $600, so...

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
SMALLENGINEGUY: There are a lot of people on this site that are very knowledgeable about Mustangs. Then there about 15 that are EXTREMELY KNOWLEADGEABLE about Mustangs.

Rapinator126 is one of those. So with your vast knowledge and massive 37 posts, you should really listen when he offers up advice.

So when you can't get your car running, please post on this site. Nothing like LAUGHING at someone else when they are their own worst problem!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:12 PM   #11
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Rap has a point......
Old 08-23-2015, 04:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I am paying the money if you seen I said I'm getting it dyno tuned. Just looking for someone to get me tune to start it. Not having the shop send a base tune tune as its going to go on a trailer to go there. I'm well aware of what needs to be done. Just asked about companies because I don't use them. Sorry I came off as an a** apparently. I'll just drive a different car till I get in the shop
Old 08-23-2015, 04:44 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Huge difference between dyno tune and running the car in limp mode until you have the cash or time for the proper tune. And it's been proven time and time again that it's all on the tune. Mpt can give u just as strong of a tune as the dyno guys will if not stronger. It will all depend on how well this guy knows these motors. Mpt works with the 3.7 everyday and has proven results ? Does your dyno shop have the same proven results on the 3.7. Doubtful because most shops focus on the 5.0

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:57 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Hopefully your dyno tuner has experience with these engines. They are not that easy to tune, the high compression and TI-VCT being a few reasons, I wouldn't want Joe blow from down the street tuning it unless he has had success tuning them. Whereas MPT has had great success with the 3.7.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:58 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I think getting GrabberBlue1993 in this thread would be useful since he has a procharged 3.7, IF the OP will listen.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:06 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Short term tune needed

Does not matter what the platform is that he has. That does. It matter at this point. Could be a supercharged smart car.
It's the point of him trying to get a cheap route.

Like I said. Call the shop doing the tune. Get them to send you a base map to drive the car there. If they can't provide that. Find another shop.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:21 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallengineguy View Post
I am paying the money if you seen I said I'm getting it dyno tuned. Just looking for someone to get me tune to start it. Not having the shop send a base tune tune as its going to go on a trailer to go there. I'm well aware of what needs to be done. Just asked about companies because I don't use them. Sorry I came off as an a** apparently. I'll just drive a different car till I get in the shop
You wont find one for several reasons:

1. No one is going to do charity work, plain and simple.
2. no one is going to write you only half a tune, because then they're liable for you driving on it.
3. If someone takes the time to write you a proper tune, they're going to charge you for it.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:36 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

MPT is tuning my turbo car - takes some data logs back and forth but they are very thorough. Didn't even drive it for the first couple of data logs, just idling in the driveway for them. We are working our way up to WOT (need to get a data log on version 9 of the tune, taking it to 6,500 rpm this time) I can drive it on the tune while keeping it out of boost (a little easier with the turbo compared to a supercharger, just light acceleration) - it has gone into boost getting on the highway but I watch the boost gauge to keep it reasonable.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:43 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

We may have scared him off...
Old 08-23-2015, 09:20 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Happens.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:34 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I think he was making a little effort to apologize but he got beat down some more.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:39 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

That's how we roll
Old 08-23-2015, 09:44 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I've seen that, that's why I tread lightly.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:27 AM   #24
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
he did retract so lets play nice.....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang