SCT tuner questions - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2015, 10:52 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
SCT releases updates for the tuning device itself, not for the tunes. So be careful on that one.

I would rather suggest unhooking the battery to let the car relearn vs reloading the tune. You don't want the ECU to have 100 flashes by the time you get rid of the car. Lol.
Thats the exact kind of intel I'm looking for, thanks. But I really dont want to have to reset my car via battery every week or two either. Pulling fuse 47 wont mess with my tune, correct? Could I just do that?
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015, 11:02 AM   #37
Kevin.Cook

Not 100% sure. You dont have to do it every week or two. Once every 1-2 months is probably fine. And that is only if you notice the car becoming "Tame". If it still drives fine, then you shouldn't have to worry about it.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:10 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
What happened to all that recent discussion that most tunes alter the effects of adaptive tuning, like Bama and MPT"?

The following thread, I believe, mentions that both Bama and MPT do not recommend it.

Had a strange occurance after pulling fuse #47

EDIT: This may not apply to the base SCT tune, however.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015, 11:12 AM   #39
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
What happened to all that recent discussion that most tunes alter the effects of adaptive tuning, like Bama and MPT"?

The following thread, I believe, mentions that both Bama and MPT do not recommend it.

Had a strange occurance after pulling fuse #47
Yea that is why I wasn't sure on just pulling the fuse so I did not recommend it. But usually for most performance mods and electrical stuff you have to disconnect the battery any way. So I don't see why unhooking the battery would be an issue.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:17 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Of course, like many topics, there were many people that were strongly against pulling the fuse after being tuned and then there were those that swear it still makes a positive difference. In fact, many have added the relays that do it automatically every time you shut the car off.
So we're back to the beginning again. LOL
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:18 AM   #41
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Of course, like many topics, there were many people that were strongly against pulling the fuse after being tuned and then there were those that swear it still makes a positive difference. In fact, many have added the relays that do it automatically every time you shut the car off.
Yea, I guess every car can be different so this is something the owner will have to test out and see what they think is best.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:19 AM   #42
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
So we're back to the beginning again. LOL
I doubt an sct tune touches the adaptive learning much like the others. It would be a question for sct themselves.
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:20 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I doubt an sct tune touches the adaptive learning much like the others. It would be a question for sct themselves.
Totally agree!!!
Old 08-24-2015, 11:46 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Well if the adaptive learning is controlled by the transimssion computer (which is what I understand fuse 47 resets?) and a tune only changes the ECU settings, then wouldnt logic dictate that resetting the TCU(pulling fuse 47) would simply kill any bad "learning" the teansmission did while not touching the tune?

Unhooking the battery sucjs vecause it resets everything and is prob not good to make a habit of doing.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:48 AM   #45
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
Well if the adaptive learning is controlled by the transimssion computer (which is what I understand fuse 47 resets?) and a tune only changes the ECU settings, then wouldnt logic dictate that resetting the TCU(pulling fuse 47) would simply kill any bad "learning" the teansmission did while not touching the tune?

Unhooking the battery sucjs vecause it resets everything and is prob not good to make a habit of doing.

Well, all I can say is you are the owner so you will be the one to know best on your end what you can handle/deal with doing on that portion.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Mpt and Bama do something to change the "adaptiveness" of the transmission. I would send them an email and see what they say specifically though
Old 08-24-2015, 11:59 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mpt and Bama do something to change the "adaptiveness" of the transmission. I would send them an email and see what they say specifically though
Now we are talking. I will do that because if true that is worth going through them from the get go! Thank you!!!

And trust me kevin, I do NOT know whats best for my car... Which is why I ask a lot of questions. Lol
Old 08-24-2015, 12:01 PM   #48
Registered Member

Regular

Mpt is probably best for your car. They know their stuff when it comes to cyclones.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:08 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mpt is probably best for your car. They know their stuff when it comes to cyclones.
Please dont kill me here, but I have a 2014 so it's engine is called a cyclone? Yes I feel stupid for not knowing.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:10 PM   #50
Registered Member

Regular

Yep 3.7=cyclone
5.0=coyote
05-10 v8 =3v
98?-04 v8 equals 2v
Old 08-24-2015, 12:16 PM   #51
Kevin.Cook

For older history:

The 05-10 V6 is called Cologne
The 05-10 V8 is called Modular
The 99-04 V8 is called Modular
The 99-04 V6 is called Essex

That's just the name of the engines. Of course, their body styles and such have their own names.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:17 PM   #52
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
For older history:

The 05-10 V6 is called Cologne
The 05-10 V8 is called Modular
The 99-04 V8 is called Modular
The 99-04 V6 is called Essex
05-10 4.0 is boat anchor
99-04 3.8 is bigger boat anchor
Old 08-24-2015, 12:21 PM   #53
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
05-10 4.0 is boat anchor
99-04 3.8 is bigger boat anchor
LMFAO!!!!
Old 08-24-2015, 12:31 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Good to know I dont have a boat anchor! Lol

Im going to contact MPT and see if I can get some solid intel on the adaptive learning. If they can shut that crap down I'm sold!!!!
Old 08-24-2015, 12:34 PM   #55
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
Good to know I dont have a boat anchor! Lol

Im going to contact MPT and see if I can get some solid intel on the adaptive learning. If they can shut that crap down I'm sold!!!!
They don't shut it down as far as I'm aware. Just change the "adaptivness" I believe

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang