Anyone seen these wheels before? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2015, 11:31 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Anyone seen these wheels before?

Has anyone seen these wheels before? I had just ordered new tires and the place that put them on had damaged them while mounting the tire. They told me about it and said they would buy me replacements but I can't seem to find the same ones. I have contacted a late model restoration site and they have never seen any that look like this. For all I know they could be custom. Should I turn this into the insurance company and see what they say? I'm lost on what to do.

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1440433859701.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	189973  
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015, 11:39 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
There is no brand anywhere on them? Not even the inside?
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Idk man? Maybe you can try searching tire rack and discounttiredirect. Plug in your year and model and just search through the pages. Probably your best bet to find them.
OR make them do it by emailing tirerack and DTD with the photo attached
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015, 11:58 AM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
If you can't find them anywhere, negotiate a settlement with them and get yourself a set of new rims for free.

I've never seen those before, they are not typical Mustang rims AFIAK.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
There is no brand anywhere on them? Not even the inside?
No logos or names at all. Had the wheels off and still could not find anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
Idk man? Maybe you can try searching tire rack and discounttiredirect. Plug in your year and model and just search through the pages. Probably your best bet to find them.
OR make them do it by emailing tirerack and DTD with the photo attached
Could not find anything on tire rack or discount tire I found some that had a similar look but nothing exact.
mckhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:12 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Tell them that they are buying you a new set of rims then. Plenty of stuff on AM that is probably cheaper than what they are expecting to pay you. I'd just be a little gun shy of letting them touch the new wheels... not sure how any competent shop damages ALL 4.

Was it some dude with the valve stem installer making big gouges in the rim lip because that is one thing I HAVE seen.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:13 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Wait they damaged all four? Lol
Old 08-24-2015, 01:16 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

He said replacements. I dunno. I'd want 4 new ones if they couldn't match that rim tho.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I ordered a pair of tires just for the front since one had a broken belt and were near the end of their life. The guy behind the counter told me about how they fell off the machine. The one they told me about had a small chunk missing and some dings. The other had a decent scratch. I honestly don't know how you F up both wheels...
Old 08-24-2015, 01:26 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckhammer View Post
I ordered a pair of tires just for the front since one had a broken belt and were near the end of their life. The guy behind the counter told me about how they fell off the machine. The one they told me about had a small chunk missing and some dings. The other had a decent scratch. I honestly don't know how you F up both wheels...
Sounds like a Les Schwab special to me
Old 08-24-2015, 01:30 PM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Some 45 year old mullet asshat was probably air guitaring to "Jump" by Van Halen and just knocked them over.

Tell that shop that they need to find the replacements and if not have them professionally repaired or buy you a new set of 4 wheels.

And this time watch them mount/balance the wheels. My tire shop lets me watch. InB4 "likes to watch" jokes.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Some 45 year old mullet asshat was probably air guitaring to "Jump" by Van Halen and just knocked them over.

Tell that shop that they need to find the replacements and if not have them professionally repaired or buy you a new set of 4 wheels.

And this time watch them mount/balance the wheels. My tire shop lets me watch. InB4 "likes to watch" jokes.
Bet he drives an fbody
Old 08-24-2015, 01:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They said they could repair them but would not look like how they used to look... Guess I'll be getting a new set then
Old 08-24-2015, 01:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
more like Les schwab to new ones
Old 08-24-2015, 02:01 PM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Take a look on AM and price out a set of 4 and make damn sure whatever they give you will cover 4 new wheels that fit your tires and that they will also be doing a free install and balance and like I said, make sure you watch them do it this time.

Old 08-24-2015, 02:02 PM   #16
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Do I even want to know what this means? lol
Old 08-24-2015, 02:32 PM   #17
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
If you give me a few days I can create a set on Amazon at the low low price of $999.99 each. Then you get $2k for new wheels and tires 😎

Sent from my #racecar

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:46 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Just got an estimate from the local body shop. Since the wheels have a rubber/powered finish, they would have to redo every wheel. Guess I'll be getting a new set then Question: Would 19" or 20" rims fit on my 2012 v6? And with what offset? I'm looking for a staggered set.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:35 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
You could go with either 19s or 20s. I have 19s oem on mine with the premium package. Stagger wise 8.5 in the front and 10 in the back looks nice but u may want to look at pics and see if you like that look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
stangingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:46 AM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

For the easy way out, just jump on www.americanmuscle.com and get in the 10-14 section and they'll have staggered rim packages. Remember to PM a rep for the 6% discount code.

And when they DO come in, make damn sure you inspect them really well and if there are any nicks or blemishes at all, contact AM and get a replacement. One of the ones I got from them once has a very minor blemish and they replaced it.

Also take real good pics of them before you take them to this shop for install so if they booger one again you have a record of that.

FINALLY, what size tires do you have? Because since you already have tires you are probably not going to want a staggered set of rims unless you have a staggered set of tires.

Unless you are going to buy new tires too... Then you might as well just get a wheel/tire pack from AM and get the $$$ from this shop for the rims and never go there again. And then put your tires on CL and see if you can get a few bucks for them.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:48 AM   #21
Kevin.Cook

Also, if you find yourself limited on funds at times, a staggered set might not do well for you. As you cannot rotate them. Thus, you will have to replace the rear ones more frequently depending on driving habits and such.

I am mentioning this because I know someone who got a staggered set and got an nail in their tire that could not be repaired. And now they are down a car for a bit because they didn't have $300 for a new tire and to get it mounted and balanced.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:54 AM   #22
Staff
Regular
Staff

If the car is daily driven they yeah, its very often better to get a 9" wide set all the way around to rotate them. Or if you want superior handling then a 9 or 9.5" wide set all the way around is the way to go. For a street car that only sees nice days or weekends then staggered is fine.

I drove my 98 about 3K a year when I had it and the front tires never even looked worn and rear tires are not exactly super expensive to replace every few years.

Especially if one gets smaller diameter rims the tires start to get much much cheaper. Example for my 2000 is that 17" tires are almost $100 cheaper per tire than the same brand tire in a similar width for 18". Also the lighter the rim the better the performance will be especially for an engine that isn't super torquey.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:35 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangingit View Post
You could go with either 19s or 20s. I have 19s oem on mine with the premium package. Stagger wise 8.5 in the front and 10 in the back looks nice but u may want to look at pics and see if you like that look.

Can you post a few pictures of yours? I'm curious to see what the clearance is between the tires and fenders.

Quote:
For the easy way out, just jump on www.americanmuscle.com and get in the 10-14 section and they'll have staggered rim packages. Remember to PM a rep for the 6% discount code.

And when they DO come in, make damn sure you inspect them really well and if there are any nicks or blemishes at all, contact AM and get a replacement. One of the ones I got from them once has a very minor blemish and they replaced it.

Also take real good pics of them before you take them to this shop for install so if they booger one again you have a record of that.

FINALLY, what size tires do you have? Because since you already have tires you are probably not going to want a staggered set of rims unless you have a staggered set of tires.

Unless you are going to buy new tires too... Then you might as well just get a wheel/tire pack from AM and get the $$$ from this shop for the rims and never go there again. And then put your tires on CL and see if you can get a few bucks for them.
My current tires are 235/50/18. I like the looks of the 19 and 20". So if I were to go with the bigger size wheels I would need to get new tires. It is not DD. So in the future I may have a pair of new tires for sale! But I was wondering if having the 20" wheels, would it make the car substantially slower? The cost of tires is not too much of an issue since I have another vehicle.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:16 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Here is a pic

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1440605785050.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	190099  
Old 08-26-2015, 11:18 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

This one may be better

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1440605883760.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	190100  
Old 08-26-2015, 11:42 AM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Also, if you find yourself limited on funds at times, a staggered set might not do well for you. As you cannot rotate them. Thus, you will have to replace the rear ones more frequently depending on driving habits and such.

I am mentioning this because I know someone who got a staggered set and got an nail in their tire that could not be repaired. And now they are down a car for a bit because they didn't have $300 for a new tire and to get it mounted and balanced.

Wouldn't he have had to replace the tire regardless of it being staggered?
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #27
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Wouldn't he have had to replace the tire regardless of it being staggered?
True, but the tread was also wearing down and was needing replaced before he caught the nail. He was trying to put it off because he didnt have the funds right away. Then when he got the nail, he just couldn't drive it at all for a few days.

And since he couldn't ever rotate the wheels, the tread in the back was almost all gone while the front was still really good.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:54 AM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I get the argument that you can't rotate and the rear tires could need replacing more frequently.

But I still don't get how this particular instance relates back to his decision to run a staggered setup. If he would have caught the same nail in a front tire with plenty of tread he would still have had to replace it.

I would argue this was a win since he already needed a new tire.

All that aside. If you get a flat and it puts you out of commission you prob need to buy a cheaper car. But that's not what this thread is about either.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:56 AM   #29
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
I get the argument that you can't rotate and the rear tires could need replacing more frequently.

But I still don't get how this particular instance relates back to his decision to run a staggered setup. If he would have caught the same nail in a front tire with plenty of tread he would still have had to replace it.

I would argue this was a win since he already needed a new tire.

All that aside. If you get a flat and it puts you out of commission you prob need to buy a cheaper car. But that's not what this thread is about either.
True. I didn't clarify the right item in the first post. But yes, the guy has limited funds as it is and got a car with a staggered setup. But with the way the rear wears down faster, he is finding himself in a bind in replacing them in the future. Regardless of nails.

and I told him the same thing about a cheaper car. lol.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:47 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckhammer View Post
Has anyone seen these wheels before? I had just ordered new tires and the place that put them on had damaged them while mounting the tire. They told me about it and said they would buy me replacements but I can't seem to find the same ones. I have contacted a late model restoration site and they have never seen any that look like this. For all I know they could be custom. Should I turn this into the insurance company and see what they say? I'm lost on what to do.

I am sorry but a little confused. Did you buy the rims from the shop or did you have them already? Then if you had them, did they come on the car or did you find them somewhere and put them on the car?

They may be a cheap knock off set. That could be why your not finding any others on any tire and rims sites. When they said that they may have to buy you replacements, that would be the two that were damaged on the front only?

If they can't find those rims, they may just give you a only give you the value of used rims. They could also find some that were in good shape and put on used rims. Might be better to let them fix them and knock of the price of them new tires.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:07 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
For a second, I thought these were the same rims.

Mustang tires/rims
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:13 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
I am sorry but a little confused. Did you buy the rims from the shop or did you have them already? Then if you had them, did they come on the car or did you find them somewhere and put them on the car?

They may be a cheap knock off set. That could be why your not finding any others on any tire and rims sites. When they said that they may have to buy you replacements, that would be the two that were damaged on the front only?

If they can't find those rims, they may just give you a only give you the value of used rims. They could also find some that were in good shape and put on used rims. Might be better to let them fix them and knock of the price of them new tires.
They came on the car when I bought it used last year.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:19 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Here is the damage to the front two. It might not look bad but I try to keep my car looking clean as possible so I'm a little anal about it

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1440638064120.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	190134   Click image for larger version

Name:	1440638080370.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	190135  

Name:	1440638108264.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	190136   Click image for larger version

Name:	1440638124050.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	190137  

Name:	1440638272794.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	190138  
Old 08-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #34
Kevin.Cook

Thats it?! Throw some plastidip on it. Lmfao!
Old 08-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
As we are all about our cars. But sooner or later one of us will end up with some curb rash. Hopefully that will be later when it won't sting so much when some of us order a complete set of rims for the car.

Curious on what they will look like repaired. If you can only see them close up, it might be easier to have them fix it and get on with life.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang