Mpt won't send tunes to CA customers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2015, 12:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Mpt won't send tunes to CA customers

Damn disappointed. Was wanting to try out their tune. Funny BAMA doesn't have a problem with it.
2012 Pony Pkg 3.7 convertible, MPT tuned, 4.10's, Dynotech 3.5" DS, Borla Touring axle backs, BBK 73mm TB and ceramic shorties, Whiteline sway bars and UCA/LCA with relocation brackets, BMR adj. PHB and brace, Steeda CAI, CE frame braces, Bilstein shocks, H&R race springs, SS brake lines, full HID, GT 500 gauge pod with gauges and misc. exterior upgrades
pitboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015, 12:04 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Well it is illegal there.. I guess it is up to their discretion though
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
What was the reason as you don't say?

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015, 12:15 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

If you look at tuners online most say "illegal for on road use in california" or something along those lines.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:40 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I live in Orange County, CA and have had no problems with getting tunes and revisions since last Christmas. Maybe it's because I bought the tuner from them at the same time I bought the tunes.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Mpt won't send tunes to CA customers

I live in California and they sent me out a ghost cam and race tune. I also am running no cats so I bought the lethal h pipe from them and they sent that out too no problem. I had them retune for the h pipe as well and they never said that they couldn't send me out a tune.

IG: justaslow3.7
Harm_3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Maybe OP should post his conversation with MPT to give this some context.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Exactly

Sent from the Bathroom

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I've been wanting to try them out since I hear so many good things. Have some issues getting tunes off of my sct x4 using the x3 software ( fully updated) since I've upgraded and have too many tunes on it now. Device only holds 10 tunes and I'm at 8 already. Anyways asked tuner if they could help me with this to make room for their tunes and future tunes. Sure he says and asks me what year is the car. I told him 2012. Then he asked where is the car located. I say CA. He immediately says they can't send tunes to anyone that lives in CA. I was like "whaaaat? No way". I know there's guys here that have gotten tunes from them. He says yep. I say thanks anyways. At this point I may have to buy someone's tune that has the same upgrades as me cuz I'm bummed. His name might have been Brian but not positive.
2012 Pony Pkg 3.7 convertible, MPT tuned, 4.10's, Dynotech 3.5" DS, Borla Touring axle backs, BBK 73mm TB and ceramic shorties, Whiteline sway bars and UCA/LCA with relocation brackets, BMR adj. PHB and brace, Steeda CAI, CE frame braces, Bilstein shocks, H&R race springs, SS brake lines, full HID, GT 500 gauge pod with gauges and misc. exterior upgrades
Old 08-24-2015, 08:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry for late reply everyone. I'm a otr truck driver and Driving across Midwest now.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:20 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I am running MPT here in cali, no issues! IT isn't "legal" but doesn't mean they won't send it. You could be using for OR use only..... I mean... you are using it for that.... only..... right....? Yea.....
Old 08-24-2015, 08:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
What the heck are you guys talking about MPT tunes are not street legal. Huh??

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Saw this video today and this thread made me think of it. Just tell them you moved, lol.

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:21 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
If you look close you'll find stuff like this on SCT's web pages.

SCT X4 Power Flash Ford Programmer
*This product is not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled motor vehicles
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:12 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Guys, the solution is easy. Everything is done online and you check out and via their online form. Just put down an address outside California. What's the difference, everything is done via email . MPT has no clue that I live in Maryland. Or maybe Florida. They have no idea. They know what ever address I fill out online which doesn't matter because they email the tunes. I could be living in Iceland. As long as my credit card is valid they have no idea if the address I put down is true or not . nor do they give a crap. Just pay them.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:13 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Guys, the solution is easy. Everything is done online and you check out and via their online form. Just put down an address outside California. What's the difference, everything is done via email . MPT has no clue that I live in Maryland. Or maybe Florida. They have no idea. They know what ever address I fill out online which doesn't matter because they email the tunes. I could be living in Iceland. As long as my credit card is valid they have no idea if the address I put down is true or not . nor do they give a crap. Just pay them.

Billing zipcode?
Old 08-24-2015, 11:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Billing zipcode?
It bills the credit card. Just use a zip code outside California. The tune doesn't get mailed out. In therory I could put my father's address down as the shipping address and billing address and MPT has no idea if its accurate.

They send the tune to your valid email address.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:18 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

I thought billing zipcode being wrong could make the transaction not go through. For instance if I run a card at work and put in a billing zipcode that is wrong it will come back as declined.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:28 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Nate and Kona changing addresses should not be needed because I live in a California and they've never said no to me for a tune. This can not be a new policy of there's either because I just received a updated tune like 2 weeks ago from them.

Harm_3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:33 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm_3.7 View Post
Nate and Kona changing addresses should not be needed because I live in a California and they've never said no to me for a tune. This can not be a new policy of there's either because I just received a updated tune like 2 weeks ago from them.

👍👍👍👍

Old 08-24-2015, 11:41 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

Maybe they said screw this one person in particular lol. It is strange though
Old 08-24-2015, 11:50 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

If it's really a problem, just tell mpt that you are using the tune on your track car...

Marc
Marc3.71994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:52 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

OP quick question, did you call them and ask? The only reason I'm asking is because I just purchased the ghost cam tune from them and I live in Fairfield CA and had no problems but granted I didn't call I just purchased it online.
Lan_Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:25 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

All I did was ask if they could help me out with deleting some old tunes to make space on my tuner. He said Ya Sure. Then he asked did I need a tune or tuner. I told him I already had the tuner I just wanted to get a tune. That's when he started to ask what year car I had and then where it was. But like volt wings said if they have a policy to not sell tunes in ca as soon as I give them my debit/credit card number and/or fill out their form and put my billing address so they can run the card I'm dead in the water.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:28 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

When I called I pressed 2 to talk to the tuning staff because my question about deleting tunes off my tuner was a technical question and I didn't think sales could help with that. Btw tuner seemed to know what I was having problem with so this might be common

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang