Ford - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2015, 07:01 PM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Ford $tealer$hip

Too. Much. Work. 😁

Pick your poison.
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2015, 09:22 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Damn how long does it take to drive up on ramps, pull a bolt out of a pan, undo a filter and redo it all and fill it? Usually takes me 20 minutes and 5 of those minutes is drinking a beer so I'm sure all the oil is out.
Hey that's a time saver to leave you ramps and oil pan sitting on the driveway/garage floor. JK
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:17 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Switching from nights to days and back every 2 weeks must be tough on the body.
Oh man, it's rough! On nights now and I hate it.

Quote:
Damn how long does it take to drive up on ramps, pull a bolt out of a pan, undo a filter and redo it all and fill it? Usually takes me 20 minutes and 5 of those minutes is drinking a beer so I'm sure all the oil is out.
Do you leave the cover off that's under the car? I don't have any ramps that the front bumper won't hit. I have jack stands and I have to jack a side up a bit to fit my floor jack under the front. Takes too much time for me. I would like to find some ramps that the bumper won't hit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2015, 09:04 PM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
Oh man, it's rough! On nights now and I hate it.

Do you leave the cover off that's under the car? I don't have any ramps that the front bumper won't hit. I have jack stands and I have to jack a side up a bit to fit my floor jack under the front. Takes too much time for me. I would like to find some ramps that the bumper won't hit.

They have ramps for you. I think soccerluvr4 has the race ramps brand?
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:14 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

The Harbor Freight ramps have a gradual incline and are fairly inexpensive. They work fine for non-lowered Mustangs.
Magnum-16000 Auto Ramp Set with Built-In Safety Chock
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:32 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The Harbor Freight ramps have a gradual incline and are fairly inexpensive. They work fine for non-lowered Mustangs.
I need to get some of those. Thanks for the link. Do they sell them in store?

Old 08-26-2015, 09:42 PM   #42
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Be forwarned, I had a pair of those exact same ramps and they cracked when I drove my car up onto them. If the surface that they are resting on isn't *perfectly* flat, these plastic ramps will crack and you risk serious injury. And yes, they're proudly made in the USA too.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:45 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Mistakie #1 - You went to a dealer.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:36 PM   #44
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I've never had a set of the thick plastic ramps break on me ever. I drive lowered cars up on them all the time. $10 at Home Depot gets you a 1x8" board and cut off a few 3 foot pieces and lengthen the ramps with them.

Now if you are SLAMMED, then yeah you may need a jack to put the car up on ramps. Low profile quick ratio jack on the subframe and up she comes pretty damn quick.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:40 PM   #45
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I've never had a set of the thick plastic ramps break on me ever.
The HF ramps are not made from very thick plastic, which is a design flaw.

I now just use a stack of old 2x10s that have a bevel cut on one of the short ends. Works like a charm and scored the wood for free.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Old 08-26-2015, 10:49 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
Be forwarned, I had a pair of those exact same ramps and they cracked when I drove my car up onto them. If the surface that they are resting on isn't *perfectly* flat, these plastic ramps will crack and you risk serious injury. And yes, they're proudly made in the USA too.
Thanks for the warning!

Old 08-27-2015, 06:51 AM   #47
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
The HF ramps are not made from very thick plastic, which is a design flaw.

I now just use a stack of old 2x10s that have a bevel cut on one of the short ends. Works like a charm and scored the wood for free.
Good thing I don't have the HF ramps then I guess. My ramps are Autozone/Wal Mart IIRC. I dunno.

I DO have a HF low profile jack and engine stand and tool sets tho lol. I've done 3 transmission changes with the 301 piece HF tool kit I got for $150 and the only thing I broke was a 3/8" universal that they replaced for free.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:09 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks for the warning.
I have used them quite a bit but I guess they've been fairly level. I made up some boards to raise them a bit and help level them on my lawn.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8060.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	190146Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8064.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	190147
Old 08-27-2015, 08:14 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Good thing I don't have the HF ramps then I guess. My ramps are Autozone/Wal Mart IIRC. I dunno.

I DO have a HF low profile jack and engine stand and tool sets tho lol. I've done 3 transmission changes with the 301 piece HF tool kit I got for $150 and the only thing I broke was a 3/8" universal that they replaced for free.
Yeah...You can't go wrong with their tools for the price. But they do have a lot of other stuff that doesn't last very long.
Of course everything I buy I use the 20 or 25% off coupons as well as stock up on the free flash lights and tape measures. LOL
Old 08-27-2015, 11:30 AM   #50
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I'm really lucky to have a great dealer

I just took my car up this morning to get the tires rotated. I always ask for my guy "Willie" to do anything on my car.
He is an old Ford Mechanic and is retired from that and just works in the quick lube department which is a separate building from the repair shop. It is spiffy clean and I get to look at the bottom of my car.
Willie goes through his check list and makes sure everything is OK. He checks tire pressure and torques the lugs to 100 ft.pds.

I good $12,00 that I don't mind spending to have me not trying to do it in the Florida 95 Degree heat.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:31 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Damn crooks.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:03 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

You guys will be livid if I post a video on here regarding my experience with this dealership.. I don't know the legality of it though.

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:14 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It just sucks that there must be that many dummies out there to the point these dealers just continue to milk our money. I am glad that I have a decent common sense to know when I'm being scammed/cheated out of my money. Even with other things like going to a Doctor who wants to put me through vigorous tests when initially I went in for a hernia....

Appoint me to a surgeon so I can get this fixed but NOOOO he wants to run tests on my blood, EKG's, bone density, circulation tests, allergy tests, etc....nothing to do with my hernia and when I brought up about him finding me a surgeon....its almost as if he forgot...."Oh, right a surgeon I'll get right on that, in the mean time I want you to do a test for clogged arteries..." I am 26 years old....I dont even eat out... I dont even remember the last time I went to a McDonalds, Jack in the Crack, Wataburger, etc....So tell me again why you think I am completely unhealthy? Saying I have high blood pressure....130/80 is not even elevated. Freaking CROOKS! Preying on the poor...

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:29 PM   #54
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'd bet good money more than 50% of ppl would actually fall for the "blinker fluid" thing. For something that they NEED to exist on a day to day basis. Same ppl who call the geek squad to come out to fix their computer when their computer says they need the latest java version or something... lemmings.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:44 PM   #55
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7Muscle View Post
Appoint me to a surgeon so I can get this fixed but NOOOO he wants to run tests on my blood, EKG's, bone density, circulation tests, allergy tests, etc....
At the risk of going OT, many of those routine tests would be part of any writeup before a surgical procedure.

Quote:
130/80 is not even elevated
Actually, that systolic is a bit high and the BP would be classed as pre-hypertension if the readings stay in that range.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:01 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
At the risk of going OT, many of those routine tests would be part of any writeup before a surgical procedure.

Actually, that systolic is a bit high and the BP would be classed as pre-hypertension if the readings stay in that range.
Sorry but 140/90 will be considered Pre hypertension 130/80 is acceptable as normal BP. Ask me I know, I deal with this everyday lol.. 130/80 is perfectly a good BP but as far as those tests are all right testing before procedure just to cover there basis and not get sued if something goes wrong. Sorry just had to say something I know something about lol..

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘
Old 08-27-2015, 07:22 PM   #57
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Sorry but 140/90 will be considered Pre hypertension 130/80 is acceptable as normal BP. Ask me I know, I deal with this everyday lol.. 130/80 is perfectly a good BP but as far as those tests are all right testing before procedure just to cover there basis and not get sued if something goes wrong. Sorry just had to say something I know something about lol..
I'm sorry, but unless the guidelines have changed recently, I have to disagree.

Http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...n/con-20026271

I know a bit about this too.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:25 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Everything I find on the web says...
140/90 = Stage 1
Above 120/80 = Pre-high blood pressure

Something wrong here.??

Click image for larger version

Name:	large.gif
Views:	33
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	190168
Old 08-27-2015, 07:44 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm sorry, but unless the guidelines have changed recently, I have to disagree.

Http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...n/con-20026271

I know a bit about this too.
It gets changed quite often, I deal with registry, insurance guidelines, and clinical. I think you know what I mean.. Dr's get there bonuses this way.. Dont want to go into details lol..

Old 08-27-2015, 07:52 PM   #60
Registered Member

Regular

I'm a doctor, and I've yet to get any bonuses. LOL. I should complain.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:07 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm a doctor, and I've yet to get any bonuses. LOL. I should complain.
Oh man you missed out lol.. We should talk I'll tell you everything offline.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:38 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

My dealer has a separate waiting area where you can sit and see the whole shop through a huge window. You can see exactly what the techs are doing.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:53 PM   #63
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
My dealer has a separate waiting area where you can sit and see the whole shop through a huge window. You can see exactly what the techs are doing.

That's actually something I Iook for now at shops...keeps 'em honest. I never liked it when they whisk the cars away out of your sight.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Oh man you missed out lol.. We should talk I'll tell you everything offline.

Thanks, but I'm good.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:59 AM   #64
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I'm not a doctor but I played one as a child.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:15 AM   #65
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post

Old 08-28-2015, 10:48 AM   #66
Registered Member

Regular

ROFLMAO! Mud wins the Internet Zinger of the Day Award...the check's in the mail...

Old 08-28-2015, 10:54 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You all are awesome! Hahaha.

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:37 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Will you be my PCP?
Old 08-28-2015, 02:54 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

To be honest I change my own oil, because I don't trust them aka service ppl to raise a lowered car without fing it up...

Sent from the back seat
parkerz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:55 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
To the OP you really cant compare 150 vs. the 3 dollar part because that 150 included labor. Although the Ford clip would have likely been more it would not have been 150. When you consider (depending on area) dealership labor rates I've seen them anywhere from $75/ 125 an hour that's really not that bad.

It still amazes me that people have no issue paying a lawyer, accountant, etc. hundreds of dollars an hour. Yet complain when they are asked to pay someone with a skill to fix their car. At the end of the day all the above are a skill; if you can do it for free great, if not expect to pay someone with that skill. Are there dealerships that are not honest/ ethical? Sure, but that applies to just about any trade you can name.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang