RPM spike down when stop in traffic.. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-05-2015, 01:20 PM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_101 View Post
I was about to say the same thing when it comes to the a/c but when it's dropping to 300 rpm, that's a problem.
Yeah I missed the 300 rpm part.
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
First off, I don't think anyone buys a tune so their car is "just like stock". You're taking the OPs comments out of context and bending them to fit your argument. If he was complaining about too firm of shifts or too high of engine revs or something that is adjusted with a tune, I would have no beef with what you are saying. HOWEVER, the OP is having an irregularity that would certainly piss of most tuner consumers and is NOT a nit-picky complaint.

Second, most things are bought over the internet these days, so your point is that when you buy over the internet you should expect LESS for your money? You're attitude reflects what too many old school (and dying) companies attitudes are these days when it comes to product support... "something wrong with what we sold you? Go f yourself". I don't care if he spent one dollar or $400, he deserves a working product AND I would be willing to bet that American Muscle and BAMA would much prefer that he continue to work with them so they can make it right rather than dump the tune and kiss his money goodbye or switch to MPT and spend even MORE money.

Internet based companies like AM are built around customer satisfaction and positive feedback/word-of-mouth. If they shared your attitude they wouldn't be around long, and thankfully from what I have seen, they don't share your attitude.

I don't like to argue on forums, but I really take issue whenever I see someone looking for help and another person trying to make it seem like they are being unreasonable, just because they same situation wouldn't bother them personally.
After reading this i feel as if we are heading in the same direction here just going different paths. You are right to get your moneys worth when you buy a product EVER. However when you are buying something over the internet that cant be seen or felt you are running a small risk. There is also the understanding you as the consumer need to have and understand that the seller cant see, touch, feel when it comes to your issues with said product. Going on a forum and complaining about it wont get it fixed (please do not take it as me saying OP is complaining or that his post is. Im not saying that it happens way too much on these forums as a general comment) talking directly to the seller (BAMA in this case) is the only way it will get fixed. You just need to be patient and understanding of the fact that they deal with hundreds of people a day and that, again, because they cant drive the car in person they are shooting in the dark on certain issues.
As i mentioned before my car does this every now and then, bounces around 500-800 rpm, When i rev it lightly it drops to near 200 rpm. aside from that the car runs great. Yes for me its not that big of a deal that im going to spend time to go through the trouble of dataloging it to find out why anymore, because i had already brought it up multiple times while i was doing all my logging and they never fixed it.

The other point you mentioned about " too many old school (and dying) companies attitudes are these days when it comes to product support... "something wrong with what we sold you? Go f yourself".""
Its why so many of us are just "whatever" about it. You buy something it dosen't work. you fight tooth and nail to get it fixed or replaced and sometimes you win sometimes they just say "too bad so sad". it sucks and it happens. I know even from BAMA a lot of guys have had poor experiences. You just dont go buy from them anymore. Some guys never have an issue, so either way you will always have the two sides. Again you run a risk even with the good online companies.

All said and done you and i both want OP to be happy with his car, wish much success in modding it and hope his issue gets fixed. If not I hope he can at least get his money back or something for it. Who knows.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:03 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If your in Miami, send me a PM and ill meet you, my manual 14' with a 93 MPT tune, performance accounted for only by the Steeda CAI, sometimes dips near stalling range in traffic (especially in our temp's around the summer) but won't stall. My car even did this BEFORE the tune. Someone earlier mentioned having AC on (typical ALL Miami, FL) contributes to a 'kick' to turn the fan on when in traffic to keep the temperature at optimal levels. But to hear that the car is idling close to 1k on neutral or dead stop, if your automatic, is a little odd.
//
Later confirmed 750 PRM is natural revolutions at idle for my car, no problems since tune install a year ago.
kgallowaypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2015, 05:07 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you and I really appreciate about your note ! And Forum is just to share the good and sometime the bad exsperience happen to hus and you known Im still calling BAMA every day for the same problem
Thank you forum
blackout2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:09 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout2012 View Post
Thank you and I really appreciate about your note ! And Forum is just to share the good and sometime the bad exsperience happen to hus and you known Im still calling BAMA every day for the same problem
Thank you forum
Si sólo hablas español y escribir en Inglés en la precisión es difícil para ti, envíame un mensaje privado en español , sé que los dos idiomas

For every other non-spanish speaking person:

If you only speak spanish and typing in english in accuracy is hard for you, send me a private message in spanish, I know both languages
Old 09-05-2015, 05:28 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Hello and thanks Im in Miami and will really appreciate some info or help where I can send my cell numb
Enzo
Old 09-05-2015, 05:42 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Click on my name and select "send a private message"
//
Haga clic en mi nombre y seleccione " enviar un mensaje privado "
Old 09-05-2015, 05:58 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa View Post
Si sólo hablas español y escribir en Inglés en la precisión es difícil para ti, envíame un mensaje privado en español , sé que los dos idiomas

For every other non-spanish speaking person:

If you only speak spanish and typing in english in accuracy is hard for you, send me a private message in spanish, I know both languages
Thx for the help. Even if it wasn't for me I feel like that's the kind of thing forums were intended for. Thumbs^

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
stangingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:20 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Meh, kind of. Yes check to make sure the tune is the reason. If the stock tune is loaded and it still does it you know there is a physical issue. If not then theres something in the tune that's off a little and needs dialing in.

Mostly though people need to get over the fact that just because you paid money for something, especially a tune over the internet, that everything is going to be just like stock and have the same workings of a factory car. That's just NOT the case. Each of our cars is different when it comes to the ECU, so the tuning however similar is still different.
These cars are meticulously designed and so much money has gone into engine tuning as to have a powerful, long lasting and reliable engine. Thats why when you mess with it even the professional tuners are not able to get things right perfectly the first time. If something as minuet as "bouncing rpms" is going to bother you you should stop right now. You need to allow for some small imperfections here and there.

Now again as everyone has asked if everything is on tight as it should do you happen to have any other MODS on the car? CAI?, BBTB? Just trying to get to the bottom of this all,but like the guys at BAMA we dont have the car in front of us to test drive it, see it, touch it, so it will be hard to get this figured out as easily as you may want.

Be thankful your car has not thrown a code or gotten the "WRENCH" light. You know you have something going on when that happens. (I think a few of you know of my issue with my dataloged tune from BAMA and the TB spacer...load the tune with TB spacer installed and I get a wrench light and CEL everytime. Load it WITHOUT the spacer it works just fine and after 2 weeks I can install the spacer No F-ING clue why that is but it just is.)

Does it sputter when you drive? Does it rattle down so low on the rpms that the engine almost stalls after you rev it? Does it happen when you are cold too and while your just sitting after its warmed up? Does it happen while on the HWY? How about cruise control? Is it in sport mode? Are you using the manual shift feature? Hows the gas milage? Sorry for all the questions but these are all things that you need to figure out so as to provide more detail to the guys here. Also a datalog too...Voltwings is a master with reading those, maybe try asking if he can take a look for you.
has anyone set the base idle screw correctly,just a thought
ALLYDRIVER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:37 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Well, after talking to the OP, turns out the idle issue began AFTER installing the BAMA tune, overwriting the previous tune he had...He also mentioned he has an automatic transmission and the car did in fact stall out on him in a traffic stop since the tune installation...If he has been calling each day and no leads as to what the problem is, or even a different [more conservative] tune could have been emailed to him... I recommended he go with MPT as I have had no problems with them. OP did mention that the V6 he has is around 60k miles and has a functioning nitrous system installed -- relaying any information that may have been left out in the thread. Also found out he's Italian, go figure the technicalities
Old 09-05-2015, 07:32 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Nitrous email tune without a datalog?
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:08 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Hello and here still with same problem and try to resolve the issue and calling BAMA every day and download a new tune and see how the car react lol. So no wrench or check engine ligth and the car when I drive no sputter. No issue more the what I ready have lmao ! So lets hope with this new and at this point i really dont know about bama tuner
Old 09-05-2015, 08:36 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
After reading this i feel as if we are heading in the same direction here just going different paths. You are right to get your moneys worth when you buy a product EVER. However when you are buying something over the internet that cant be seen or felt you are running a small risk. There is also the understanding you as the consumer need to have and understand that the seller cant see, touch, feel when it comes to your issues with said product. Going on a forum and complaining about it wont get it fixed (please do not take it as me saying OP is complaining or that his post is. Im not saying that it happens way too much on these forums as a general comment) talking directly to the seller (BAMA in this case) is the only way it will get fixed. You just need to be patient and understanding of the fact that they deal with hundreds of people a day and that, again, because they cant drive the car in person they are shooting in the dark on certain issues.
As i mentioned before my car does this every now and then, bounces around 500-800 rpm, When i rev it lightly it drops to near 200 rpm. aside from that the car runs great. Yes for me its not that big of a deal that im going to spend time to go through the trouble of dataloging it to find out why anymore, because i had already brought it up multiple times while i was doing all my logging and they never fixed it.

The other point you mentioned about " too many old school (and dying) companies attitudes are these days when it comes to product support... "something wrong with what we sold you? Go f yourself".""
Its why so many of us are just "whatever" about it. You buy something it dosen't work. you fight tooth and nail to get it fixed or replaced and sometimes you win sometimes they just say "too bad so sad". it sucks and it happens. I know even from BAMA a lot of guys have had poor experiences. You just dont go buy from them anymore. Some guys never have an issue, so either way you will always have the two sides. Again you run a risk even with the good online companies.

All said and done you and i both want OP to be happy with his car, wish much success in modding it and hope his issue gets fixed. If not I hope he can at least get his money back or something for it. Who knows.
Now that is much more rational and sympathetic, minus the part about people coming on here to complain. I think with car forums a lot of times they aren't complaining as much as they are seeing if anyone has had similar experiences and if so what did they do to remedy it.

Seems to me this is what the OP is doing, along with contacting the seller. I guess I didnt see anything out of the OP to warrant anyone suggesting he should quit whining and eat $400.

But Ive said my peace and hold no hard feelings, just hope OP gets it fixed.

Fwiw, I got the SCT tuner and used the preloaded tune and LOVE it. Perfect idle, firm shifts, better compression, and cleaned up my quirky stock tune shifting. If others are having idle drops (ac or no ac) maybe Bama should take a hard look into it?
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:33 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Nitrous email tune without a datalog?
From what I gathered on the phone with the OP, I believe he purchased the car with the Nitrous system already installed.. that being said, a pre-existing tune must have existed as the car was bought used at ~60k miles from the previous owner. OP needs to clarify (if able) details from the previous owner, if any, regarding the company moderating the Nitrous tuning parameters... Tunes from what I understood were loaded from a SCT X4 Tuner via the previous owner.

For the OP, in Italian // Per il manifesto originale , in lingua italiana

Da quello che ho raccolto al telefono con l'OP , credo che ha acquistato la macchina con il sistema di azoto già installato .. detto questo, un pre- esistente tune doveva esistere come la macchina fu comprato usato a ~ 60k miglia dalla precedente proprietario . OP deve chiarire ( se possibile ) i dettagli dal precedente proprietario , se del caso , per quanto riguarda la società moderare i parametri azoto sintonia ... Tunes da quello che ho capito sono stati caricati da un sintonizzatore SCT X4 con il precedente proprietario .
Old 09-05-2015, 10:54 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Hello or ciao a tutti! In italiano chi ha scritto non intendio molto bene : io ho detto che il mustang ha adesso 60K e il sistema di Nitro lo ho installado io e dopo 1 anno e mezzo che honil programma di BAMA mi sta dando problema
Old 09-05-2015, 11:26 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Why do I read his posts with an Italian accent in my head?

So did the previous owner return the tune to the original Ford stock before selling? If not did the OP return to the previous tune when he thought he returned to stock (because the SCT copies the current tune as "stock" before it loads it's new tune)?

My head hurts
Old 09-05-2015, 11:48 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Why do I read his posts with an Italian accent in my head?

So did the previous owner return the tune to the original Ford stock before selling? If not did the OP return to the previous tune when he thought he returned to stock (because the SCT copies the current tune as "stock" before it loads it's new tune)?

My head hurts
Heh, same as yours, Ill figure it out once we meet to give some videos and accurate descriptions. I doubt when the previous owner sold him the car, it would be in 'safe mode'..the car would have been tuned for the nitrous and any extra mods to make him accept the title.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:00 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Heh, same as yours, Ill figure it out once we meet to give some videos and accurate descriptions. I doubt when the previous owner sold him the car, it would be in 'safe mode'..the car would have been tuned for the nitrous and any extra mods to make him accept the title.
Hmmm, which might mean when he thought he was returning to "stock" he was really returning back to the old owners tune. And if so maybe he should stick with that tune since he said it idled normal.

I get the feeling like his ECU needs to be restored to original ford factory tune before he loads a custom Bama tune... Maybe.

Did he ever say what octane he is using? If its tuned for 93 and he's using 87 could that be the culprit?

Keep us posted please!
Old 09-06-2015, 02:15 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Quote:
Hmmm, which might mean when he thought he was returning to "stock" he was really returning back to the old owners tune. And if so maybe he should stick with that tune since he said it idled normal.

I get the feeling like his ECU needs to be restored to original ford factory tune before he loads a custom Bama tune... Maybe.

Did he ever say what octane he is using? If its tuned for 93 and he's using 87 could that be the culprit?

Keep us posted please!
All this is staring to make a little more sense now. The use of 87 vs 91 or 93 shouldnt affect idle or cruising but it will cause issues when WOT and in the higher RPMs
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang