RPM spike down when stop in traffic.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2015, 05:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
RPM spike down when stop in traffic..

Hello guys is over 2 months and my RPM of my V6 2012 act wird when i reach the traffic i change Tunes from Bama And ready clean the MAP and the throttle body....and the car sometime do the same HELP
blackout2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2015, 07:59 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout2012 View Post
Hello guys is over 2 months and my RPM of my V6 2012 act wird when i reach the traffic i change Tunes from Bama And ready clean the MAP and the throttle body....and the car sometime do the same HELP
What's your normal Idle RPM?
Depending on what your RPM is, you may want to try increasing it a bit. Check with BAMA if need be.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:09 AM   #3
Kevin.Cook

How many miles? Auto or Manual? Have you checked and made sure all of the hosings and clamps around the intake tube/manifold/etc were tight and secure?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2015, 08:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I have this happen from time to time. Same thing with my 05. Even more prevalent when the a/c is on. From what I was told, it's normal and shouldn't be an issue unless they drop low enough to make the engine stall. Then you have to worry.

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:22 AM   #5
Kevin.Cook

The only time I had this issue on an Auto is when I removed the BBK TB for the stock TB. But a new tune cleaned that right up. I have this happening on my Manual but as I do more maintenance to it, it is smoothing back out. All that is left is spark plugs.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:34 PM   #6
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Blackout - Sorry to hear about the trouble here but please shoot me a PM and I can have your information passed along to Bama.

Thanks in advance,

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:38 PM   #7
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Blackout - Sorry to hear about the trouble here but please shoot me a PM and I can have your information passed along to Bama.

Thanks in advance,

Alex
What Alex really means is if the Bama team cant fix it, he will fly out to you in his private helicopter and tune your car with his bare hands.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:37 AM   #8
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
What Alex really means is if the Bama team cant fix it, he will fly out to you in his private helicopter and tune your car with his bare hands.
Kevin - While Bama has been known to make some house calls I just want to go on record here and let everyone know that I am not a tuner.

I'm happy to pass customer info along to them when needed and answer questions to the best of my ability but I'm just the guy in sales and I'm not the mad scientist.

Above all if anyone needs to get in touch with them the fastest way to get with their team is to shoot a call.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:12 AM   #9
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Kevin - While Bama has been known to make some house calls I just want to go on record here and let everyone know that I am not a tuner.

I'm happy to pass customer info along to them when needed and answer questions to the best of my ability but I'm just the guy in sales and I'm not the mad scientist.

Above all if anyone needs to get in touch with them the fastest way to get with their team is to shoot a call.

Alex
I know Alex. I was just messin
Old 08-26-2015, 07:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If yall want the tuna, i hear Alex knows a guy ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tuna-2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	190130  
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:09 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Isn't that just from the fan kicking on? Always what I assumed it was. I hear the fan click on my rpms drop a bit and bounce back up.
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:17 PM   #12
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Isn't that just from the fan kicking on? Always what I assumed it was. I hear the fan click on my rpms drop a bit and bounce back up.
Most likely just your brake pads...
Old 08-31-2015, 08:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Hello and thank you ! My RPM are like 800-900 and Im calling Bama every day twice for see if some one can fix this kind problem im getting tired because all the tech from Bame try a new tune and nothing happen still hope to resolve this issue
Old 08-31-2015, 08:27 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Hi and the car ha about 58 K and no hose or any loose vacum and problem still the same
Old 08-31-2015, 08:30 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Hello Alex !! and thank you for the notes ...... the car still have the issue is auto and no code or any other problem hahahah BUT the one I have is a really long time issue and no one from BAMA looks can resolve I ready did a datalog but problem keep disturb me
Old 08-31-2015, 09:21 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

To determine if the Bama tune is causing the problem, you should put the stock tune back in to see if that corrects it.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:24 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I've had the same prob with my bama tune, I contacted them about it and sent them a data log but it's still happening, however I'm not too worried about it. It happened off and on, it might be because the car is not warned up all the way, idk.

Marc
Marc3.71994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

It's not a "PROBLEM" so much as it's just paranoia over nothing. Most all tunes adjust the sensitivity to the throttle as well as all the engine parameters to ensure it runs safe and smoothly. If your RPM needle is bouncing up and down between 500 and 900 rpm youre going to be fine. Its just what happens with these tunes. I noticed mine did that while siting idle in traffic and the car is fully warmed up. If it bothers you that much then drop it back to the stock tune and leave it be. When tuning cars beyond just simple bolt on parts you will have small little inconsistencies here and there.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #19
Kevin.Cook

This might help...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Modded Mustang.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	190483  
Old 09-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
This might help...
LMAO!
Old 09-02-2015, 04:55 PM   #21
Kevin.Cook

Aww man. All in a day's work yo.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WreckedLagunaSeca.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	190484  
Old 09-02-2015, 04:55 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Nice pic haha

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:28 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Hello and my rpm are from 800-900 and is auto when that think. Happen drop to 300 and I really dont like and is bad for the motor
Old 09-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Hello and thank yiu for the response! But is no to be a paranoid. Lol the drop idle from 800-900 to 250-300 is really disturb and ready shut off the motor .the people from Bama still try to fix and adjust the issue I have this tune before and never have a problem for over 1 year now this happen and I really want the moror stay at normal rpm
Thank you Enzo
Old 09-02-2015, 06:35 PM   #25
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Hello and my rpm are from 800-900 and is auto when that think. Happen drop to 300 and I really dont like and is bad for the motor
I will try and make sense of this.

So you are saying your RPM is normally 900 at idle? That is a tad high. These cars normally idle between 600-700. And if it is dropping to 300, I would assume something isn't connected right or something.

Try checking all the hoses and connections and make sure everything is tight and seated correctly. 2nd, maybe try unplugging the battery for an hour and allow the car to relearn. See if that helps.

Lastly, how have you been maintaining the car? Do you clean the fuel system, changed spark plugs, etc?
Old 09-02-2015, 06:37 PM   #26
Kevin.Cook

Ahh you are tuned. Well, try those basic things. If the issue persists, make sure to datalog with your tuning vendor.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:40 PM   #27
Kevin.Cook

If all else fails, refer to my first meme.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:34 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
It's not a "PROBLEM" so much as it's just paranoia over nothing. Most all tunes adjust the sensitivity to the throttle as well as all the engine parameters to ensure it runs safe and smoothly. If your RPM needle is bouncing up and down between 500 and 900 rpm youre going to be fine. Its just what happens with these tunes. I noticed mine did that while siting idle in traffic and the car is fully warmed up. If it bothers you that much then drop it back to the stock tune and leave it be. When tuning cars beyond just simple bolt on parts you will have small little inconsistencies here and there.
I have to disagree with this attitude that if you don't like it just dump your tune and tuner. I think as much as people pay for a custom tune they deserve to not deal with annoying inconsistencies, especially when these tuners advertise the excellence of their tuning teams. H

opefully the OP and other member can get Bama to correct this and achieve a solid bottom RPM.

Keep us posted OP and good luck.
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:12 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

No what I think that was said was to load your stock tune to verify if the BAMA tune is truly the culprit. If the problem persist then the problem lies elsewhere like a vacuum leak or something. They are not saying give up or dump the tune. Plus a good datalog will show a vacuum leak.

Sent from the Bathroom

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:42 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Hello and here...if I remove the tune the car has no problem ! But if i re-install the tune the problem re appear and is not any vaxuum leak and ready did 2 datalog with bama tech ...
Old 09-03-2015, 07:35 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Did you try one of the preloaded SCT tunes to see if it does it on those as well?

What are all of your mods?
Old 09-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
No what I think that was said was to load your stock tune to verify if the BAMA tune is truly the culprit. If the problem persist then the problem lies elsewhere like a vacuum leak or something. They are not saying give up or dump the tune. Plus a good datalog will show a vacuum leak.

Sent from the Bathroom
Meh, kind of. Yes check to make sure the tune is the reason. If the stock tune is loaded and it still does it you know there is a physical issue. If not then theres something in the tune that's off a little and needs dialing in.

Mostly though people need to get over the fact that just because you paid money for something, especially a tune over the internet, that everything is going to be just like stock and have the same workings of a factory car. That's just NOT the case. Each of our cars is different when it comes to the ECU, so the tuning however similar is still different.
These cars are meticulously designed and so much money has gone into engine tuning as to have a powerful, long lasting and reliable engine. Thats why when you mess with it even the professional tuners are not able to get things right perfectly the first time. If something as minuet as "bouncing rpms" is going to bother you you should stop right now. You need to allow for some small imperfections here and there.

Now again as everyone has asked if everything is on tight as it should do you happen to have any other MODS on the car? CAI?, BBTB? Just trying to get to the bottom of this all,but like the guys at BAMA we dont have the car in front of us to test drive it, see it, touch it, so it will be hard to get this figured out as easily as you may want.

Quote:
Hello and here...if I remove the tune the car has no problem ! But if i re-install the tune the problem re appear and is not any vaxuum leak and ready did 2 datalog with bama tech ...
Be thankful your car has not thrown a code or gotten the "WRENCH" light. You know you have something going on when that happens. (I think a few of you know of my issue with my dataloged tune from BAMA and the TB spacer...load the tune with TB spacer installed and I get a wrench light and CEL everytime. Load it WITHOUT the spacer it works just fine and after 2 weeks I can install the spacer No F-ING clue why that is but it just is.)

Does it sputter when you drive? Does it rattle down so low on the rpms that the engine almost stalls after you rev it? Does it happen when you are cold too and while your just sitting after its warmed up? Does it happen while on the HWY? How about cruise control? Is it in sport mode? Are you using the manual shift feature? Hows the gas milage? Sorry for all the questions but these are all things that you need to figure out so as to provide more detail to the guys here. Also a datalog too...Voltwings is a master with reading those, maybe try asking if he can take a look for you.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:56 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
People need to get over the fact that just because you paid money for something, especially a tune over the internet, that everything is going to be just like stock and have the same workings of a factory car.
First off, I don't think anyone buys a tune so their car is "just like stock". You're taking the OPs comments out of context and bending them to fit your argument. If he was complaining about too firm of shifts or too high of engine revs or something that is adjusted with a tune, I would have no beef with what you are saying. HOWEVER, the OP is having an irregularity that would certainly piss of most tuner consumers and is NOT a nit-picky complaint.

Second, most things are bought over the internet these days, so your point is that when you buy over the internet you should expect LESS for your money? You're attitude reflects what too many old school (and dying) companies attitudes are these days when it comes to product support... "something wrong with what we sold you? Go f yourself". I don't care if he spent one dollar or $400, he deserves a working product AND I would be willing to bet that American Muscle and BAMA would much prefer that he continue to work with them so they can make it right rather than dump the tune and kiss his money goodbye or switch to MPT and spend even MORE money.

Internet based companies like AM are built around customer satisfaction and positive feedback/word-of-mouth. If they shared your attitude they wouldn't be around long, and thankfully from what I have seen, they don't share your attitude.

I don't like to argue on forums, but I really take issue whenever I see someone looking for help and another person trying to make it seem like they are being unreasonable, just because they same situation wouldn't bother them personally.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:11 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Hello and my normal RPM are 700-800 and when this happen drop to 200 very bad and still try and try new tune from bama. REALLY TIRED !!!
Old 09-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean14 View Post
I have this happen from time to time. Same thing with my 05. Even more prevalent when the a/c is on. From what I was told, it's normal and shouldn't be an issue unless they drop low enough to make the engine stall. Then you have to worry.
I was about to say the same thing when it comes to the a/c but when it's dropping to 300 rpm, that's a problem.
Josh_101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang