Gotta love getting compliments... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2015, 03:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Gotta love getting compliments...

I know my mom taught me never to talk to strangers but when they compliment your car sometimes you just can't help it. Haha

Just thought I would share....
I stopped to get some gas today on my way home from work and a guy came walking over from a few pulls down and said this is the V6 right? I said yup, I'm the proud owner of this awesome machine. I asked him so what have it away? He said the 3.7 on the caliper covers. I said that makes sense, sometimes I forget I have those, lol.

We ended up talking for about 10 minutes about my car and some about his GMC truck he just bought recently. He mentioned all the stuff he was going to do to it but didn't want to touch anything until his warranty was up. I said good luck with that. I said I am satisfied with all my appearance mods so far that I have done for the last two years but now I'm getting that performance bug and I know it's not going to wait until my 5 year mark. So I'm already planning on getting gears and a tune by the end of this year(see my other thread about that plan).

We probably would have talked longer but he got a phone call. I just know how much I appreciate when other people like my mustang, especially after all the work and money that I put in it. Makes me happy when other people seem to appreciate it as much as me. I am sure all of you here feel that same way when you experience a situation like this as well.

Thank you all for reading and listening to my rant!!!!
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2015, 03:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I always get complements from chick fil a near my work <3 got one today. dude brought me my food and was like "Dude i really love your car" and i was so happy
Scott2byrd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Like the compliments, funny how everyone disappears when it's time to wash and wax the beast.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2015, 05:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Nice bro I'm half and half... Some nice car/ the finger... Buts it's central Florida and I drive the speed limit so... Whatever

Sent from the back seat
parkerz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2byrd3 View Post
I always get complements from chick fil a near my work <3 got one today. dude brought me my food and was like "Dude i really love your car" and i was so happy

👍

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Like the compliments, funny how everyone disappears when it's time to wash and wax the beast.

Very true there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerz28 View Post
Nice bro I'm half and half... Some nice car/ the finger... Buts it's central Florida and I drive the speed limit so... Whatever

Sent from the back seat

I hear you. I live in SWFL and I may go about 5 over at times but I swear it would look like I'm driving like 20mph under with the way some of these people drive. Crazy!
Old 08-26-2015, 06:17 PM   #6
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by rringler View Post
👍

Very true there.

I hear you. I live in SWFL and I may go about 5 over at times but I swear it would look like I'm driving like 20mph under with the way some of these people drive. Crazy!
Same in Texas. I usually go like 42-44 in a 40 but people pass me like am I standing still. And never a cop around.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rringler View Post
👍

Very true there.

I hear ya in in central Florida and sometimes on I75 you're going 85-90 keeping up with traffic sometimes you can't even break 75 will never win

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
kona010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
My wife took the stang to work mon stopped to get gas at the full serve she won't pump her own gas young gas dude comes out and said WELL HELLO SEXY my wife knew he was talking about the car and not her but i'm not so sure. But i think people love the look of a mustang whatever yr it is
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jek57 View Post
My wife took the stang to work mon stopped to get gas at the full serve she won't pump her own gas young gas dude comes out and said WELL HELLO SEXY my wife knew he was talking about the car and not her but i'm not so sure. But i think people love the look of a mustang whatever yr it is
Nest time you fill up, make sure he knows the car is yours but the wife is negotiable.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:34 PM   #10
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Nest time you fill up, make sure he knows the car is yours but the wife is negotiable.
Hahaha. Drive around with your wife in the car and put a "Wife for Sale" sign in the back. But dont tell her.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It's nice when people give you a complement instead of being jealous about it. I complimented a guy's Mustang at my apartment and it put a huge smile on his face, I know he put a lot of work and money into it so it's nice that he likes it and I'm far from jealous of it.

2013 Premium Performance White

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripe, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows, all lights tinted

Last Mod: Bama 91 Race Tune

IG: chaznungaray

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:40 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

You guys are to funny...It's like the wife or the mustang
Old 08-27-2015, 08:29 AM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I already said this before in another post --"BUT"'

I have to tell ya's again.
When I go to Publix or another Super Markets I have to take my Cold Bags and freezer packs because there is always usually someone out in the parking lot admiring my Mustang. I Love talking to them and hear their stories about how they had a Mustang or they had a friend with one in the old days.
My red Candy Mustang just gleams in the sun and draws a lot of attention and sometime I have to stand and look at it my self before getting in and starting it up.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:13 AM   #14
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
The last two cruises I've run bystanders have singled out my Race Red V6 as being the best...this includes a group that has a couple a couple of Shelbys with one being a Vert. No, compliments don't get old.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:27 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

That's awesome I also love getting compliments on my ride. But to think of it, not once has anyone, in person, have said anything about my Mustang. My family here on ME, I've had a few people compliment her.

When I bought my Mitsubishi Lancer in 2008, brand new 2009 GTS trim, everyday I had people asking about her and that she looks great. Even though she is not a Ralli-Art or an EVO X she still had people wanting to buy her especially since she has the upgraded 2.4 liter motor with the 5 Speed M/T. I tried to take care of her the best that I could with only earning $10/hr (at the time) and after 6 years now she looks like this. Sorry for the quality, since she is my Wife's now I dont have any recent pictures but this will suffice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-20-08-21-11.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	566.4 KB
ID:	190149  

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:54 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I have to tell ya's again.
When I go to Publix or another Super Markets I have to take my Cold Bags and freezer packs because there is always usually someone out in the parking lot admiring my Mustang. I Love talking to them and hear their stories about how they had a Mustang or they had a friend with one in the old days.
My red Candy Mustang just gleams in the sun and draws a lot of attention and sometime I have to stand and look at it my self before getting in and starting it up.
Ronnie

I'm right with you on that Ronnie, I gotta say I still do the same thing everyday when I go into work. I lock the car and do look back a few times before going in. I love the fact that this car still gives me that new car excitement every time I see and drive it, even 2 1/2 years later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7Muscle View Post
That's awesome I also love getting compliments on my ride. But to think of it, not once has anyone, in person, have said anything about my Mustang. My family here on ME, I've had a few people compliment her.

When I bought my Mitsubishi Lancer in 2008, brand new 2009 GTS trim, everyday I had people asking about her and that she looks great. Even though she is not a Ralli-Art or an EVO X she still had people wanting to buy her especially since she has the upgraded 2.4 liter motor with the 5 Speed M/T. I tried to take care of her the best that I could with only earning $10/hr (at the time) and after 6 years now she looks like this. Sorry for the quality, since she is my Wife's now I dont have any recent pictures but this will suffice.

Looking good after those many years! I always have kept my cars as clean as possible even through the Ohio winters, when I lived up there. I had a 1999 grand am gt prior to this car. It was the first car I bought by myself and took extremely good care of it. I had many people down here in Florida be shocked when I told them my car was 10+ years old, with about 150,000 miles on it.

I'm glad your old Lancer is still looking good. I sold my old car to my wife's brother for a good deal and he ran it into the ground. It was kinda tough to see that. Here is an older pic of it, not to many good ones saved anymore. Don't rag on it to much, I was young and it was the cool thing to do at the time and I enjoyed it! Lol

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1440687206.494723.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	190152

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1440687226.720593.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	190153
Old 08-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Oh the 90's, good times though. I have a cousin who still has his Grand Am with a completely built top end. 1997 I believe and it sill runs like it did day one. But none the less your Pontiac looked pretty damn clean too and its a damn shame that it was put into the ground...

Thanks for the comment though! The Lancer has been through hell and back but I still managed to get her back to looking good. Rear ended at a red light ($4500 in damages), month later a white sn95 mustang backed into her, cracked the bumper which eventually spider webbed the paint. Side swipped by a Chevy Silverado, he did an illegal lane change. Buddy of mine was drunk and he backed his civic into the front bumper and head light. Even after all that, she is mechanically sound and body wise shes not that bad either. Mostly 90% of the vehicle has been repaired of its dents/scratches. The only thing I have ever replaced on the Lancer was its A/C fan (I cant recall the actual part name but its located in the passenger side console.)

Old 08-27-2015, 10:34 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Gotta love getting compliments...

Quote:
Oh the 90's, good times though. I have a cousin who still has his Grand Am with a completely built top end. 1997 I believe and it sill runs like it did day one. But none the less your Pontiac looked pretty damn clean too and its a damn shame that it was put into the ground...

Thanks for the comment though! The Lancer has been through hell and back but I still managed to get her back to looking good. Rear ended at a red light ($4500 in damages), month later a white sn95 mustang backed into her, cracked the bumper which eventually spider webbed the paint. Side swipped by a Chevy Silverado, he did an illegal lane change. Buddy of mine was drunk and he backed his civic into the front bumper and head light. Even after all that, she is mechanically sound and body wise shes not that bad either. Mostly 90% of the vehicle has been repaired of its dents/scratches. The only thing I have ever replaced on the Lancer was its A/C fan (I cant recall the actual part name but its located in the passenger side console.)

Damn, that's a rough life for a car. At least it's still up and running and still looking good though!

I also had the whole front and passenger side redone on my grand am (front bumper and hood all the way to rear quarter panel) $7000 in repairs, when I got t-boned at an intersection.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:07 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
I was washing my ride in my driveway this summer and a younger guy scared the hell out of me when he walked up behind me and said, "excuse me sir, I don't mean to bother you but I drive by every day and wanted to tell you how much I love your Mustang". I said thanks I love it too and then he said "thanks for taking good care of it" and walked back to his car he parked in front of my house.

The guy was really nice but his girlfriend looked mortified. lol
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:23 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

@Hawk
HAHAHA! That is so awesome. That dude is a true car guy and his girl must of never seen him do that. Huge compliment to you man. He may be looking for your car when its time to sell her. Haha.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:41 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
@Hawk
HAHAHA! That is so awesome. That dude is a true car guy and his girl must of never seen him do that. Huge compliment to you man. He may be looking for your car when its time to sell her. Haha.
Yeah that's exactly what I thought. He was driving probably a 2004 Stang and I've actually seen him drive bye slowly before that so it was all good.

I bought mine in June and baby the hell out of her. My wife calls me obsessed but I look at my Mustang like she looks at shoes, so we are even. lol

Mustang people rock.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:46 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I am the same way and my wife says the same exact freaking thing. Haha. Oh women cant live without them cant live with them.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:51 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

My wife is obsessed with it as much as i am she even hand washes it for me ..She says it's just wrong to drive a dirty mustang ..I think i'll keep her
Old 08-27-2015, 07:31 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jek57 View Post
My wife is obsessed with it as much as i am she even hand washes it for me ..She says it's just wrong to drive a dirty mustang ..I think i'll keep her
My wife wishes I hand washed her as nuch as my Mustang. Lol
Old 08-27-2015, 07:53 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

lol Thats good
Old 08-27-2015, 09:22 PM   #26
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I took my Mustang to the Dealers this morning

I went to get the tires rotated. While Willie was doing the rotation I decided to look at the 2015's. There was a Race Red one there with performance pack, Premium edition GT with Black leather interior.
The Sale guy said they have a few Ford incentives and 72 month zero financing. It sure looked good to me.
*******************************BUT************************

When I went back to the shop to get my car there were six people standing around it admiring how good it looked. One couple had a Mustang in for service and it was on the rack. One guy had a F-150 and the other three had a Lincoln but the young guy with the three was thinking about getting a Mustang. He said he had a 2013 Camaro he hated.
I decided right then to just keep my 2012 MCA and although I did like the 2015, I liked the looks of mine better.
Ronnie
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Daytona Mustang .jpg
Views:	53
Size:	641.3 KB
ID:	190174  
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:56 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerz28 View Post

Sent from the back seat

I live in central fl also and I speed like crazy down i4 but I still get passed by people trying to race me but when I'm in a public parking lot or at work I always come out to at least one person staring at my car especially since I blacked it out

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
wmelendez13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang