Are my Koni adjustables damaged right out of the box? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2015, 12:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Are my Koni adjustables damaged right out of the box?

I received my Koni "Yellow" adjustable struts and shocks from American Muscle today. The packaging for one of the struts was pretty beat up, and this picture shows what I found inside. Notice how the one on the right has a metal clip thingy that is holding the bottom down, the one on the left (which had the beat-up box) does not. That's why it's a lot longer, too. Is this damage? Is that retaining clip something functional? The missing clip for the one on the left is not floating around in the box, it's missing entirely. Don't know anything about struts/shocks, so I don't know how to assess this. Please advise. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0975.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	190139
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2015, 05:19 AM   #2
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
those look pretty much like mine did. The clip is so the strut rod stays retracted for shipping. Manually work it (hint : set soft) if it's smooth and not bent it should be OK.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:44 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
It's fine man. Koni packages these like they think angels deliver them to the customer on a giant fluffy cloud.

They get knocked around in the box, strap comes off and they expand. If you return them you are only causing yourself to wait for another set that is no better/worse.

Enjoy the yellows though. I love mine
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2015, 09:05 AM   #4
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
I received my Koni "Yellow" adjustable struts and shocks from American Muscle today. The packaging for one of the struts was pretty beat up, and this picture shows what I found inside. Notice how the one on the right has a metal clip thingy that is holding the bottom down, the one on the left (which had the beat-up box) does not. That's why it's a lot longer, too. Is this damage? Is that retaining clip something functional? The missing clip for the one on the left is not floating around in the box, it's missing entirely. Don't know anything about struts/shocks, so I don't know how to assess this. Please advise. Thanks!

Attachment 190139
Hey Sakib - Sorry to hear about the trouble here with your Struts & Shocks. As of recent we've been seeing a lot of issues with their shipping materials and there's a few threads on there about this.

I think they're in perfect condition like what's being said here but in the event that you're concerned they might be defective I have no problem getting you a new set shipped out immediately.

I've personally brought this to our contact at Koni along with our warehouse that we both need to do a better job at having these packed as our warehouse can't go through hundreds of kits to have them better insulated.

Keep me in the loop on this or drop me a PM if there's anything I can do to help out here and I'm your guy.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:08 AM   #5
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey Sakib - Sorry to hear about the trouble here with your Struts & Shocks. As of recent we've been seeing a lot of issues with their shipping materials and there's a few threads on there about this.

I think they're in perfect condition like what's being said here but in the event that you're concerned they might be defective I have no problem getting you a new set shipped out immediately.

I've personally brought this to our contact at Koni along with our warehouse that we both need to do a better job at having these packed as our warehouse can't go through hundreds of kits to have them better insulated.

Keep me in the loop on this or drop me a PM if there's anything I can do to help out here and I'm your guy.

Alex
Alex, just wondering, do you wear a shirt with an S on it the days you are on here? Cuz you are always saving people from peril on product and such. lol
Old 08-27-2015, 09:15 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Thanks for the advice, everyone, especially Alex for your offer to replace. They feel smooth and not bent when I pump them by hand. They are probably fine.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:21 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
If they are smooth I'd go ahead and use them. Worst case if something pops up you know AM will make it right.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:24 PM   #8
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Alex, just wondering, do you wear a shirt with an S on it the days you are on here?

Cuz you are always saving people from peril on product and such. lol
Kevin - Not exactly..See below.

I'm a consumer at the end of the day and you definitely don't want to hear me on the other line if I had a shipment delivered like this to me!

I know mistakes happen here and there but after repetitive issues with a vendor not correcting their insulation it's an annoyance.

This is the first once I've seen pop up like this in about a month. After so many instances there comes a time where we needed to have our entire Koni inventory pulled and repackaged.

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-27-2015, 01:26 PM   #9
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Thanks for the advice, everyone, especially Alex for your offer to replace. They feel smooth and not bent when I pump them by hand. They are probably fine.
I was literally going to ask have you tried - I'm happy to hear they're in good working order.

I don't mess around here so if there's ever anything that comes up I'm your guy

Thanks again for your continued support and business we appreciate it sir!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-27-2015, 04:47 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalexlazarus View Post
kevin - not exactly..see below.

I'm a consumer at the end of the day and you definitely don't want to hear me on the other line if i had a shipment delivered like this to me!

I know mistakes happen here and there but after repetitive issues with a vendor not correcting their insulation it's an annoyance.

This is the first once i've seen pop up like this in about a month. After so many instances there comes a time where we needed to have our entire koni inventory pulled and repackaged.

omg saved that pic for use later
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:52 PM   #11
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Kevin - Not exactly..See below.

I'm a consumer at the end of the day and you definitely don't want to hear me on the other line if I had a shipment delivered like this to me!

This is the first once I've seen pop up like this in about a month. After so many instances there comes a time where we needed to have our entire Koni inventory pulled and repackaged.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I about died laughing when I saw this picture.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:52 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Any resemblance?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zach-galifianakis_1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	190161  
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:25 PM   #13
Kevin.Cook

Shots fired...
Old 08-27-2015, 08:06 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
My first set came beat to absolute SH** and one of the rear shocks was missing (came out of the box). I was able to get a new set and one of them was like that. It's perfectly fine and when you go to install them you pull the clip off anyway. Not worth the hassle of waiting for a replacement that will probably come the same way.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang