Boss grille on V6? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2015, 07:54 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Boss grille on V6?

I understand the Boss grille is not a direct fit for the 13-14' V6. Does anyone know if there an adapter or would some modification make it fit? I can't see ford mass producing two different types of mustang fascias. Small connectors and clips yes but structurally, isn't it basicly the same. This is what I'm looking at guys. Ford Racing Boss 302S Mustang Grille w/ Emblem - Unpainted M-8200-MBRA (13-14 GT, Boss) - Free Shipping
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I'm pretty sure all you need is a GT grill surround to make it compatible. The V6 has that ugly chrome one. (Unless you have an MCA or PP).

Here is a kit that has everything you need. http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...974398&alt=web

Here is the grill surround alone: http://www.starkey-products.com/must...ound-2013-2014

Also note that the honeycomb part of the grill is a little different than the V6. So If you have a stock V6 bottom grill it won't match perfectly. But it's not that big of a deal.

Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Grabber Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:05 AM   #3
Kevin.Cook

The chrome ring is 1 piece with the base grille. So when you pull it out, and yes you can pull it out without removing the bumper, the whole thing comes out.

I put the pony package one in mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1440864300757.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	190255  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2015, 04:28 PM   #4
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

It's not a big deal to remove it. I plasti-dipped mine a while back. Thanks for the link Keven. good price on both pieces too! Getting the surround to fit doesn't worry me to much. Modifying the grill alone is scary on a 300 piece. Anyone had any success in swapping out the surround?
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Old 08-29-2015, 04:31 PM   #5
Kevin.Cook

Lol. I didnt give the links man. XD
Old 08-29-2015, 05:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Why Boss Grille?

What are you going to do with the empty spots for the fog lights?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Lol. I didnt give the links man. XD

Everyone is just used to you taking credit for things!

Sent from my #racecar

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:54 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Whoops. Thanks Grabber Blue for the links. Actually, they helped me out tremendously. I never noticed that the hex grille of the boss unit didn't match the lower V6 grille. That would drive me nuts if the collars and cuffs didn't match. Thanks! You are usually so quick with a good link Kevin, I just assumed.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Pony Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
I understand the Boss grille is not a direct fit for the 13-14' V6. Does anyone know if there an adapter or would some modification make it fit? I can't see ford mass producing two different types of mustang fascias. Small connectors and clips yes but structurally, isn't it basicly the same. This is what I'm looking at guys. Ford Racing Boss 302S Mustang Grille w/ Emblem - Unpainted M-8200-MBRA (13-14 GT, Boss) - Free Shipping

If your V6 came with the Pony Package, the only Grille Upgrades that plug in are the MCA and the Roush. I ordered the Upper and Lower Roush.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:11 PM   #10
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

If your V6 came with the Pony Package, the only Grille Upgrades that plug in are the MCA and the Roush. I ordered the Upper and Lower Roush.
But if you get the grill surround stated above, the other grills will also fit on a PP V6
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
But if you get the grill surround stated above, the other grills will also fit on a PP V6
I am not sure if it would or not. I was wanting the Cervini Lower and Upper grilles. But after looking at the Roush grilles, they look great to me.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:16 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You guys are confusing me. I bought Boss 302 upper and lower
grills and put them on my 2013 V-6 three years ago. I just yanked out my old grills
after masking off the bumper so it wouldn't get scratched and snapped in the Boss grills ....I didn't remove the bumper. when I bought my Boss Grills the upper came with the black surround as part of the piece. The whole deal took me about 30 minutes. As I recall, the two grills were ridiculously expensive....hundreds of dollars for the lower one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4339.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	706.9 KB
ID:	190381  
GRREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:09 PM   #13
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRREEN View Post
You guys are confusing me. I bought Boss 302 upper and lower
grills and put them on my 2013 V-6 three years ago. I just yanked out my old grills
after masking off the bumper so it wouldn't get scratched and snapped in the Boss grills ....I didn't remove the bumper. when I bought my Boss Grills the upper came with the black surround as part of the piece. The whole deal took me about 30 minutes. As I recall, the two grills were ridiculously expensive....hundreds of dollars for the lower one.
I figured it was that easy.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:25 PM   #14
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Looks great Grreen. I'm a big fan of the Boss upper grille but after Grabber Blue pointed out the hex pattern was different on the V6 so the upper and lower honeycomb wouldn't match, I'm rethinking do I do both as you did or go the Roush route. I have the Roush hood like yours also.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I have the black gt grill surround you need for sale. Also the fog light deletes if you want them
mark09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang