Anyone has this MGW bushing installed on your car? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2015, 07:43 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
You didn't something wrong. Bc this is the first negative review.
Also everything you said is not anywhere near existence after the install.

and fed coyote.
lol it's a pretty straight forward install. I doubt I messed anything up. This is a terrible "upgrade" IMO. Unless you have a worn stock bushing... even then, I would re-use another stock one because it's a better design.

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Anyone has this MGW bushing installed on your car?

The stock design is a hunk of crap. And this is from someone who actually drives their car. The bushing works.
If you think it does not,
Either they sent you one not machined right. Or you did something wrong. People mess up simple stuff so not putting that past you.

#drivermod
#maybeyouneedaauto

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The stock design is a hunk of crap. And this is from someone who actually drives their car. The bushing works.
If you think it does not,
Either they sent you one not machined right. Or you did something wrong. People mess up simple stuff so not putting that past you.

#drivermod
#maybeyouneedaauto

������and ������ fed coyote.
You are sassy aren't you? lol. Must be that Texas ego. I drive my car too.. that's why I bought it. I've also single handedly installed every thing in my sig. I highly doubt I messed up this simple install. Maybe you have more miles on your car and your bushing was more worn? Maybe they sent me a crappy one? Either way, this was a downgrade for me. We're all entitled to our opinions, and I believe the stock bushing is a better design than this one they've sent me. I should've taken a video to show how much play was in there with the "upgrade" vs the stock. And I'm telling you, the stock bushing had NO PLAY what so ever. Could be that I only have 15k on her.

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2015, 08:06 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Something is wrong. Not saying it is you. Could be the part. But something is definitely wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:07 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean14 View Post
You are sassy aren't you? lol. Must be that Texas ego. I drive my car too.. that's why I bought it. I've also single handedly installed every thing in my sig. I highly doubt I messed up this simple install. Maybe you have more miles on your car and your bushing was more worn? Maybe they sent me a crappy one? Either way, this was a downgrade for me. We're all entitled to our opinions, and I believe the stock bushing is a better design than this. I should've taken a video to show how much play was in there with the "upgrade" vs the stock. And I'm telling you, the stock bushing had NO PLAY what so ever.

My car had 10,000 miles on it at that time, if that.
It works.
There is something wrong. Either the part of the install. One of the 2

#drivermod

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:16 PM   #41
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I think someone needs an #attitudemod.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:28 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I am very surprised to hear your experience.

Mine is a huge improvement. Lots of play before the install. No play at all after the install. BTW, don't over-tighten the bolt. I am worried you could round off the aluminum transmission housing.

Quote:
Okay, so I received the bushing today, and I installed it. I have to say, I am VERY DISAPPOINTED!

This "bushing upgrade" had more play in it than the stock bushing. I used a breaker bar and tightened the "upgrade" down as much as I could it literally felt like the head was going to break off. The arm had as much play in it as the first stock bushing in the video. After installing it and seeing how much play was in there, I immediately took it back off and put the stock bushing back in (which by the way was not worn at all). Once I put the stock bushing in, the arm had no play what so ever and was solid like the second arm with the "bushing upgrade" in the video.

I thought about this a bit and came to this conclusion....

The stock bushing is inserted into the arm and the round metal piece is forced in causing the bushing to expand eliminating any play that the arm could have inside the round part where the bushing sits. The bolt is then threaded through the arm and clamped to the top of the transmission.

The two steel pieces that MGW sent do not have the ability to expand (like the stock bushing does thanks to the round metal piece that is inserted), thus limiting it to one size. So, even when the bolt is tightened, there is still plenty of play in the round part of the arm where the metal "bushing" sits.

Maybe they sent me the wrong one, which I highly doubt. I will be calling them on Monday to get a refund. Complete waste of time.

Those who have installed this, I would recommend checking how much play the arm has with this "upgrade". Because my stock bushing was a hell of a lot better than this one. Literally had no play and didn't move the arm up, down, or left, right like the "upgrade" did.
2014 Mustang 3.7L cyclone engine with 6 spd transmission. Mods: 93 MPT Race Tune, 3.31 Gears, Airaid CAI, BBK Shorty Ceramic Headers, Corsa Sport axle backs, Strut Tower Brace, Steeda rear seat X-brace, BMR Rear LCAs, GT wheels, MGW race spec shifter, Passenger seat delete, spare tire delete, Moroso battery relocation to the trunk.
liv4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv4spd View Post
I am very surprised to hear your experience.

Mine is a huge improvement. Lots of play before the install. No play at all after the install. BTW, don't over-tighten the bolt. I am worried you could round off the aluminum transmission housing.
Then that would give me a reason to drop the trans and replace the crappy plastic shift forks with some brass ones and put a decent clutch and flywheel in

Old 09-11-2015, 08:36 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Then that would give me a reason to drop the trans and replace the crappy plastic shift forks with some brass ones and put a decent clutch and flywheel in

No need for all that at your level. Not needed

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:43 PM   #45
Kevin.Cook

I am sitting in Bush's Chicken and am reading this thread. I just laughed so hard that everyone gave me an ugly look. You guys are too funny. #icantbeonyourguyslevel
Old 09-11-2015, 08:49 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Please investigate this and share with us the cause. This is a install that is very hard to mess up with.

The stock bushing has some play, because there is a center tubing (without shoulder) that prevents the 10mm bolt from tightening up the plastic bushings.

The MGW ones eliminates the use of center tubing completely, you are tightening up two aluminum bushings with shoulders. That really fixes the play.

Quote:
2014 Mustang 3.7L cyclone engine with 6 spd transmission. Mods: 93 MPT Race Tune, 3.31 Gears, Airaid CAI, BBK Shorty Ceramic Headers, Corsa Sport axle backs, Strut Tower Brace, Steeda rear seat X-brace, BMR Rear LCAs, GT wheels, MGW race spec shifter, Passenger seat delete, spare tire delete, Moroso battery relocation to the trunk.
liv4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:02 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv4spd View Post
Please investigate this and share with us the cause. This is a install that is very hard to mess up with.

The stock bushing has some play, because there is a center tubing (without shoulder) that prevents the 10mm bolt from tightening up the plastic bushings.

The MGW ones eliminates the use of center tubing completely, you are tightening up two aluminum bushings with shoulders. That really fixes the play.
My stock bushing had almost no play in it. I explained it in a previous post...

The stock bushing is inserted into the arm and the round metal piece is forced in causing the bushing to expand eliminating any play that the arm could have inside the round part where the bushing sits. The bolt is then threaded through the arm and clamped to the top of the transmission. (similar to the bushings on the rear sway bar links)

The two steel pieces that MGW sent do not have the ability to expand (like the stock bushing does thanks to the round metal piece that is inserted), thus limiting it to one size. So, even when the bolt is tightened, there is still plenty of play in the round part of the arm where the metal "bushing" sits. (back to the sway bar link example.. it would be like taking out that bushing and metal tube completely... and replacing it with two all steel flanged pieces. There is always going to be some type of play in the center between the two flanges because there is no tube to expand the middle of the bushing)

Kind of hard to explain without physically showing you.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:04 PM   #48
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
^ that was gay

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
LOL. Are we in the fifth grade?
Old 09-11-2015, 09:06 PM   #49
Kevin.Cook

3rd actually
Old 09-11-2015, 09:10 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
3rd actually

Close

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:17 PM   #51
Kevin.Cook

Dang. Screw this! Can i use a life line? Lol
Old 09-11-2015, 09:17 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Close

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

Hey what's going on in here?! What did I miss? Who's going to 3rd grade?

Old 09-11-2015, 09:25 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Dang. Screw this! Can i use a life line? Lol

You get 3

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:27 PM   #54
Kevin.Cook

Ok. I want to phone a friend. Please call Voltwings. He should know what grade we are in.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:30 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

That's not nice people!!! Stop the name calling. Besides 5th graders happen to be smarter than u think. And ****** bags serve a very important purpose.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:39 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like he's used that word before..

Old 09-11-2015, 09:42 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Why is it such a bad word? It is what it is. Women use it. I don't get it

Old 09-11-2015, 09:45 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1442025912.615890.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	190992can I say ***** cat?!

Old 09-11-2015, 09:48 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Lol. What has this thread come to?!

Old 09-11-2015, 09:50 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Old 09-11-2015, 09:50 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post

💩

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:50 PM   #62
Registered Member

Regular

Time for a thread lock. Moderator, moderator?
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
Old 09-11-2015, 09:51 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

I mean to tell me u can't say a.ss

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post

Why lock it?! This is serious

Old 09-11-2015, 09:53 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1442026380.658871.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	190994

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:44 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Just an update...

I talked to George over at MGW (the guy in the video) who said that they have never manufactured a bushing for the v6 arm, only the GT. Him and I both thought that the arm would be the same wether it's in the GT or the V6 because it's the same transmissions, but who knows. He refunded my money, and said that he is going to get ahold of a v6 arm and compare them and IF there's a difference, he is going to manufacture a bushing for the v6's. He said even if theres a 100th of an inch difference, it would be extremely noticeable.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:13 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Great customer service from MGW, as usual.
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang