Custom Midpipe in CA - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2015, 01:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Custom Midpipe in CA

So I recently had the lethal off-road H installed along with the Roush AB but went back to stock midpipe because it sounded like a** lol and I wasn't really aware of the huge fines in CA for having no cats 😁. My buddy told me to cut my stock midpipe after the cats and resonators, and install the lethal h from there (cut the lethal h pipe too of course to make it fit).

Is this still legal in CA? I've been told it is because I would still have my stock cats and would pretty much have a cut and clamp midpipe like the ones sold online.

Would it even fit? The lethal h is 2.5"

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Stevenbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
It will be legal as long as the stock cats are in the factory location. Two choices sell the off-road h-pipe and get the cut and clamp x or mod your h-pipe. Probably be a wash in funds either way

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Honestly, not worth it in the slightest. You're basically hacking up a $200 mid pipe to remove the stock resonators after the cats... just sell the H-pipe and take your car to exhaust shop and pay them $40 to just cut the resonators out. Done.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2015, 03:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I understood this as he was leaving the resonators and basically wanted to replace the stock hybrid-X with an H-pipe.(But I've been wrong before.)
So it would be either a custom H-pipe or cutting up his lethal H. But in addition to the cutting up of the lethal H sounds like it's a different size.
I think he should discuss with an exhaust person and determine the cheapest way to go.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I understood this as he was leaving the resonators and basically wanted to replace the stock hybrid-X with an H-pipe.(But I've been wrong before.)
If you're right, then thats an even worse idea lol, as the resonators are probably the most restrictive part of the whole system. Yeah, a chat with an exhaust shop would likely be best.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang