Exhaust isn't as loud - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-17-2015, 07:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Exhaust isn't as loud

I've had my car for about 2 years now and it's a 2012. I have Ford Racing exhaust and I've noticed it's not as loud anymore. Could it be because it's old or the weather change? Thanks guys.

Trevor
TrevorMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2015, 07:37 PM   #2
Kevin.Cook

How is your filter? Throttle Body and Intake manis coated with alot of oil and air not moving through as smoothly? You change your spark plugs to make sure the engine is firing as normal? Do not wait till 100k miles. Idc what ANYONE tells you.

I would start with normal maintenance and first confirm the car is in good shape before moving to the next stuff.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It's because your used to it now. If you want something louder get the roush axle backs lol. A lot of mixed opinions about those but they are loud.

IG: justaslow3.7
Harm_3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2015, 06:25 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm_3.7 View Post
It's because your used to it now. If you want something louder get the roush axle backs lol. A lot of mixed opinions about those but they are loud.

Those are REAL loud!
Old 09-18-2015, 08:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I am with Harm... lol. When I got my Pype bombs and off road H pipe. and got in and start up first thought wass oh $h!t... I dont know if I can do this every day. got used it it and didnt think all that loud. added Longtube headers and wass like nice... now used to it again. My neighbors never liked any of it though lol
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:20 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Those are REAL loud!
Not only real loud sir but in my opinion sound aweful. I'm fine with real loud but good loud, not crappy loud. 😆

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Not only real loud sir but in my opinion sound aweful. I'm fine with real loud but good loud, not crappy loud. 😆

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!

I've actually had my Roush axlebacks for a year with maybe about 20K miles on them. Let me tell you that the sounds has smoothed out that there's little to no rasp at all, I love it! It almost sounds like the S-types, I guess by adding use to them they'll just fill up with carbon and damp the sound making a more solid sound.
JohnnyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
I am with Harm... lol. When I got my Pype bombs and off road H pipe. and got in and start up first thought wass oh $h!t... I dont know if I can do this every day. got used it it and didnt think all that loud. added Longtube headers and wass like nice... now used to it again. My neighbors never liked any of it though lol

That's me at the moment, just added a off road h pipe and I love how loud it is but my cars too slammed for the mid pipe. I scrape everything and can't even go over any speed bump lolol

Old 09-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's me at the moment, just added a off road h pipe and I love how loud it is but my cars too slammed for the mid pipe. I scrape everything and can't even go over any speed bump lolol

I am on Sportlines so quite a drop... but we have decent roads here so that is part of it. I scrape occasionally in Miami lol. I did do ALLOT better once I had pinion angle checked and added the LCA relocation bracket. It was pretty good then scraped allot. Think I hit something loose so when that all got done was all good. never do anymore and I am pretty low.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
I am on Sportlines so quite a drop... but we have decent roads here so that is part of it. I scrape occasionally in Miami lol. I did do ALLOT better once I had pinion angle checked and added the LCA relocation bracket. It was pretty good then scraped allot. Think I hit something loose so when that all got done was all good. never do anymore and I am pretty low.

I have relocations brackets. I also have the adjustable upper control with my pinion adjusted and still scrape lol. My cars just slammed I have no wheel gap and my wheels tuck under the fenders haha.

Old 09-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #11
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorMCA View Post
I've had my car for about 2 years now and it's a 2012. I have Ford Racing exhaust and I've noticed it's not as loud anymore. Could it be because it's old or the weather change? Thanks guys.

Trevor
It's probably a combination of the carbon build up in the axlebacks and you getting use to hearing the exhaust.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:01 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Or, your getting older and you need to change your batteries.....
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:36 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Or, your getting older and you need to change your batteries.....

*you're
JohnnyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:19 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I went to the air show at Andrews Air Force Base last weekend. After seeing and hearing the F-22 Raptors blasting by with full throttle, I feel like my performance exhaust has turned into a noise silencer

Quote:

2014 Mustang 3.7L cyclone engine with 6 spd transmission. Mods: 93 MPT Race Tune, 3.31 Gears, Airaid CAI, BBK Shorty Ceramic Headers, Corsa Sport axle backs, Strut Tower Brace, Steeda rear seat X-brace, BMR Rear LCAs, GT wheels, MGW race spec shifter, Passenger seat delete, spare tire delete, Moroso battery relocation to the trunk.
liv4spd is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust